No cocktails delivered to staterooms?

mithryl

Wow, I never even realized you COULD order a drink from your cabin through room service. :eek: I hope it hasn't been discontinued now that I've heard of it....

By the way, my cabin steward on the CB last May always supplied wine glasses after I asked him once on the first day (I don't usually carry wine onboard but this time I had the opportunity to stop at a store right before boarding). He was probably the best cabin steward I've had in many years.

While Toto2Kansas has posted "their" experiences about wine glasses, let me play a dampening role. On embarkation day, it may not be easy to get wine glasses because both the Room Service and Cabin Steward are swamped with all sorts of requests. Also, on many cruises, the Cabin Steward if asked for wine glasses may suggest to call Room Service -- it depends on the procedure used on a ship or on a specific cruise. And "dozens" of glasses may not be that easy to get on any day!

Also please remember to take your own corkscrew -- unless you are taking box wine or screw top (even quality wines from some countries use screw tops).

Thanks for the head's-up on this, as I'm sailing on the Crown Sunday with basically my entire family, and was wondering how to get wine glasses, etc.

I just got back from a cruise on the Sapphire Princess. One night we called room service and asked to have two drinks delivered to our cabin. I was told that they could not deliver anything that wasn't on the room service menu. When did this change? Last March we sailed her sister the Diamond and were always able to order from the bars through room service. Is this a ship specific decision or fleet-wide? I was very disappointed, as I had just gotten comfy in my PJ's and wanted a night-cap. Ended up having to get dressed and go down to one of the bars and bring the drink back up to the cabin. Overall, my experience was that Princess service is starting to deteriorate. On all previous Princess cruises (and other lines) I ordered a fresh pitcher of ice water with a sliced lemon on the side each morning. On this cruise, I was told I could not get a pitcher, only glasses of ice water. Is it just me?

This is another negative for HAL not selling you liquor at a fair price for your cabin or allowing you to bring it aboard. They used to let you do both.

Directly on the Room Service menu, there are bar/liquor packages in which you get a small bottle of various liquors sometimes mixed with an accompanying soda. You can also get beer this way. The prices are cheaper than ordering a ready made drink but obviously require you to mix your own. I can't see this being eliminated given it's printed right on the menu and was on our last cruise.

Perhaps there isn't an official policy about bar drinks, because it isn't documented anywhere that I could find. I have ordered a couple of dacquiris (albeit a few years ago) and not had a problem.

• 3 weeks later...
While Toto2Kansas has posted "their" experiences about wine glasses, let me play a dampening role. On embarkation day, it may not be easy to get wine glasses because both the Room Service and Cabin Steward are swamped with all sorts of requests. Also, on many cruises, the Cabin Steward if asked for wine glasses may suggest to call Room Service -- it depends on the procedure used on a ship or on a specific cruise. And "dozens" of glasses may not be that easy to get on any day!

Also please remember to take your own corkscrew -- unless you are taking box wine or screw top (even quality wines from some countries use screw tops).

FYI, just did our Crown sailing less than 2 weeks ago, and had no problem getting room service to deliver 8 glasses (we had a group of 12) to our cabin. In fact, they were delivered less than 5 minutes after we called! :eek:

Brought our own corkscrew, for sure. Our box of 12 bottles showed up, with one having gotten broken (our sacrifice to the cruise gods), but everything else was great! I even discovered a new very tasty red wine my cabinmate brought that was very inexpensive! It was called Love My Goat.....yes really. We also had a number of sparkling whites, and a number of bottles of Reisling, and a couple of other types. It was nice for everyone to sit out on the balcony in the afternoons or evenings, just chilling with a glass of wine. :)

When I put out my card at night for the following morning breakfast, I always add a note on the side. 6 wine glasses, and a bucket of ice.

Each morning they were delivered, along with our coffee, danish, etc.

The ice went in the cooler over the beer, the wine glasses were for later

in the day when we were on the balcony with our friends at sail away.

Workd perfectly each day.:)

Archived