Carnival - Sea Grape??

jacksmom09

Hi! Just wondering if anyone has done this?? Would love some reviews!:D We are wondering if we get beach chairs and umbrella or just chairs? Also wondering how crowded it is and if you can snorkle for here?? Also wondering if there will be any food or drinks available? Thanks for any input!

Unless you have some other reason to go with a ship excursion, I think it's better to do the beach on your own in Cayman.

Beaches are free, so your only costs are transportation, the rentals of chairs/umbrellas/watersports and any food/drink. A taxi to Sea Grape is about $6 per person each way (less to Royal Palms). Both Sea Grape and Royal Palms have free showers and restrooms. Chairs are about $5 and umbrellas are about $10, I think. Food/drinks/etc. would be your call as to budget.

Cayman is very safe, so it's no problem just hopping a taxi to the beach and back, and it usually works out to be a lot cheaper.

Do a search in this forum for Royal Palms or Sea Grape for more info on the two sections of Seven Mile Beach...there's tons of threads about them.

Hi! Just wondering if anyone has done this?? Would love some reviews!:D We are wondering if we get beach chairs and umbrella or just chairs? Also wondering how crowded it is and if you can snorkle for here?? Also wondering if there will be any food or drinks available? Thanks for any input!

We went to Sea Grape in May 2007 and LOVED it. We got there pretty early, but don't remember it ever being that crowded. We rented two chairs & an umbrella, and I can't remember the price but it was reasonable. There is also a bar/grill place there, and the food was good. So was the Cayman Lemonade (cocktail)! We didn't plan to snorkel so I'm not sure about that, but the hubby rented a jet-ski and went out and about on that. There are tons of taxis/vans to Sea Grape and 7 mile beach at the pier, and plenty available for the return trip back. It was about $5 each at that time. It's a nice beach, as I'm sure most are around there... the water is BEAUTIFUL.

Archived