Cruising Decisions

hmsdos

If you skipped a booking a cruise or cancelled a booking, why?  

129 members have voted

1. 1. If you skipped a booking a cruise or cancelled a booking, why?

• Economy
    • Reduction in benefits
    • Combination of the Economy and reduction in benefits
    • Another reason... please discuss below.

We have 4 cruises booked right now but, we arechanging one. I guess in a sense we downgrading from a JS on Rhapsody to a B2B on Majesty. Doesn't have to do with the economy but due to wanting to do a longer Alaskan trip that we can't due right now to to aging parents.

We were booked on the 11 day San Diego to Alaska cruise on Radiance in May, but due to some family health issues we changed to a 7 day on Rhapsody to Alaska later in the season. There were 4 consecutive sea days on Radiance and we felt that we could not be away from a port for that long, so we selected a cruise where we are not at sea as long between ports. We would have loved to travel on Radiance (she is our favorite ship), we are looking forward to our adventure on Rhapsody.:)

We just had to cancel our March 1, 2009 Voyager cruise. I had a detached retina in my right eye ten days ago and had emergency surgery to repair it. I was warned by the doctor that I would probably develop a cataract in the lense of that eye, and sure enough, it is happening. Now, in about 8 to 10 weeks I will have to have the lense replaced. Fortunately the reattachment appears to be successful and the field of vision in the eye is good, but kind of like looking through a sheet of waxed paper due to the cataract.

Thank God for Cruise insurance!!!!!!!!

Also, the doctor found a small tear in my left eye, that was not causing me any problems. He shot that one with the laser and sealed the edges of it, it too appears to have been repaired successfully.

Eye surgery sounds creepy and scarey, but it is a short and mostly painless procedure. I arrived at the Doctor's office around noon, was in surgery at 4, and back in the hotel room at 6:30. We stayed overnight near the hospital, as I had to return the next day for a 24 hour post op checkup. Not really any pain, just a general soreness around my right eye. Tylenol was enough for me, for the pain. The worst part is trying to keep your head possitioned face down for the first 5 days. Also, it meant that I pretty much had to stay off the computer and could not read CC!!

Hypo

We have 4 cruises booked right now but, we arechanging one. I guess in a sense we downgrading from a JS on Rhapsody to a B2B on Majesty. Doesn't have to do with the economy but due to wanting to do a longer Alaskan trip that we can't due right now to to aging parents.

Hey Barry.... a b2b on the Majesty sounds awesome!

Hi There! :) We only cancelled one cruise. That was 5 years ago when our little Grand daughter got diagnosed with Leukemia one week before we were to leave. :(

RCCL was very nice. Fortunately, we had insurance to cover the cost of the cruise loss.

P.S..She's doing wonderful now. She's in "permanent remission" :D

We own a small family business, which has thankfully has not been hit by the economy and continues to grow every year. We are planning on cruising more, now that our son will be 18 years old soon. We are eternally thankful that we took the plunge and started this business 5 years ago. We are not really "Loyal" to any one particular line, we do cost vs. length vs. destination vs. "business busy time" and pick from there. (My husband will not fly, so that limits our choices more than anything). We leave on the Jewel OTS in 2 weeks, on the Explorer in 7 months and the Oasis in May 2010. Will plan others as the itineraries become available.

I hope that everyone is able to weather this economic crisis and will be cruising again soon!

- Clancy!

We just had to cancel our March 1, 2009 Voyager cruise. I had a detached retina in my right eye ten days ago and had emergency surgery to repair it. I was warned by the doctor that I would probably develop a cataract in the lense of that eye, and sure enough, it is happening. Now, in about 8 to 10 weeks I will have to have the lense replaced. Fortunately the reattachment appears to be successful and the field of vision in the eye is good, but kind of like looking through a sheet of waxed paper due to the cataract.

Thank God for Cruise insurance!!!!!!!!

Also, the doctor found a small tear in my left eye, that was not causing me any problems. He shot that one with the laser and sealed the edges of it, it too appears to have been repaired successfully.

Eye surgery sounds creepy and scarey, but it is a short and mostly painless procedure. I arrived at the Doctor's office around noon, was in surgery at 4, and back in the hotel room at 6:30. We stayed overnight near the hospital, as I had to return the next day for a 24 hour post op checkup. Not really any pain, just a general soreness around my right eye. Tylenol was enough for me, for the pain. The worst part is trying to keep your head possitioned face down for the first 5 days. Also, it meant that I pretty much had to stay off the computer and could not read CC!!

Hypo

OMG.... how scarey.... Hope all continues to go exactly as it should... You will surely be ready for a cruise when all is well! Good luck!

We have the inaugural booked... but don't know if we can "hold" it.... sorry about your retirement funds... wow... things are tough! Think you made a good decision... hope to see you on a cruise in 2010!!!:)

Thanks!:D I really wanted to go on Oasis...but the price tag was giving me second thoughts before I lost my retirement fund, afterwards it was impossible for me to spend that kind of money for a cruise when I could choose a diffrent ship and save $4000.00.

Archived