Window tables in MDR

Does anyone know how one gets one of those window seat tables I have seen in the WDR?? I crave those. I think I read on CC that those tables are sort of unoffically "reserved" for C&A higher level folks or maybe the high-rent district of the ship. Not sure, though. Just wonder how the system is run for getting one of those. DH and I will be sailing 09/05/09 on Serenade from YVR. Just ever curious. Right now, though, I'm leaning on avoiding MDR bc of beauty outide and being bushed after excursions or even using my OBC for specialty restaurants.

Does anyone know how one gets one of those window seat tables I have seen in the WDR?? I crave those. I think I read on CC that those tables are sort of unoffically "reserved" for C&A higher level folks or maybe the high-rent district of the ship. Not sure, though. Just wonder how the system is run for getting one of those. DH and I will be sailing 09/05/09 on Serenade from YVR. Just ever curious. Right now, though, I'm leaning on avoiding MDR bc of beauty outide we had a table by a window.

For my birthday cruise we e-mailed rcldining at rccl dot com 2 weeks before the cruise. We had a table by a window, Its worth a shot anyway !

Penny

Our 1st cruise, we got a table by the window--it has nothing to do with "status"--it's luck of the draw, and how many in your party--whether you want to be alone or with a group.....

It's really the COMPANY at the table, not the table's location that makes dinner special!

You can always get a window seat for breakfast or lunch!

We had a window table on the Majesty a few weeks ago. We waited to ask the maitre'd for a table for two and when we looked to see where he seated us it was at a window. We never even asked. It was second seating and you couldn't see anything. We're diamond level so I don't know if that's why we got that table or not.:confused:

In June on the Majesty I got a card the first day delivered to my stateroom saying our table had been "upgraded" and to bring the card when we walked in that night. We were directed to a window table. I was only gold at the time... I think they were just trying to make me feel good :)

Our 1st cruise, we got a table by the window--it has nothing to do with "status"--it's luck of the draw, and how many in your party--whether you want to be alone or with a group.....

It's really the COMPANY at the table, not the table's location that makes dinner special!

You can always get a window seat for breakfast or lunch!

That's what I was just thinking. We've pretty much always drawn a window table (only just became diamond), but to me it's nothing special. If it's sunny outside, that ends up disturbing some at the table because the light is right in their eyes. The rest of us had our backs to the window. If it is dark, it doesn't matter. And we really never looked outside. We just had so much fun at the meal that it wouldn't have mattered where we were.

And the dining room is so gorgeous that any table is a delight.:)

The Serenade has several tables at the window for two.

This is correct; we had one of them last October on the Serenade.

To the OP: email them as previously mentioned above, but follow-up within a week of your cruise. Sometimes they don't assign until just within the week prior. They are very nice about requests, by the way. I agree, also, that you need to be at the early dinner seating, and you will just be able to see the sunset around 6PM. By 6:20, it's pretty dark outside. I walk the ship at that time before our late seating.

Archived