RSVP Eurodam 2/13/2010

Boytjie

I just realized...........Sunday is Valentine's Day - so RED party??? And Tuesday is definitely Mardi Gras.

So maybe I can do some planning!!!!

:)

It's possible although they did have a red party 2 years ago.

J & T

Jim and I re-booked stateroom 8006 (VA). We figured staying in the same room would make it easier for previous visitors to find us again...:eek:

I was online yesterday and found out that the Carnivale in Curacao is the day we are in port. Some had thought it was Carnivale in Aruba, but since we A) leave Aruba at 3pm and B) are in Aruba on Ash Wednesday, I thought that was unlikely.

I am so thoroughly looking forward to 3 days at sea!!

Long time lurker here!

It took the teary farewells on Saturday night to convince us to rebook. Unfortunately that was not possible during disembarkation day! However, I was told by Charlie himself that if you neglected to rebook for next year while on the ship, there is a very short grace period through Thursday (3/5/09) where you can book through your travel agent and still get the discount.

This time I think we're going for a VD category stateroom on 4. The room we had on Verandah (5119) had some septic issues that HAL never completely resolved, so we won't be going for that cabin again.

Seems like there were a few septic issues on various floors... there were a couple of times walking down the halls that things well... stank pretty bad. Hopefully with another year behind it the Eurodam will have grown to perfection next year :)

It's possible although they did have a red party 2 years ago.

J & T

that would work for me... still got my red sarong from that party :)

Maybe a Sweethearts and Sluts dance? :D

heh... heh... that seems like it would be a fine line between a theme and just plain life hehehehe

Is that a Paul J. Williams "...well"? :D

Thanks, thanks, thanks and thank you all !

I'm soooooooo glad you're all here and we still have the spirit.

Couldn't get through the other 51 weeks without you.

Reuel

Seems like there were a few septic issues on various floors... there were a couple of times walking down the halls that things well... stank pretty bad. Hopefully with another year behind it the Eurodam will have grown to perfection next year :)

Phil - I promise, I didnt eat that many helpings of beans on the HMC!!!

I really didnt!

damn they were good canned beans!

:D

Put up my final post on the 2009 thread and here we are.

Bob-glad to see you're with us. I hope Max doesn't self-censor now you're here:)

We have rebooked. We were in 5137, right at the kink in the hall aft. It was a heck of a long walk to the theater and spa so we moved closer to midship. Also bit the bullet and went for a little more room in a superior verandah. We're in 6099 and were able to peek in the cabin before we left the ship. It's really nice and roomy. And we did get the $300 discount.

I have some great silk boxers with hearts all over.

We had a good flight from Miami to Detroit and Amsterdam. We love the Detroit Airport. It is much better than Miami airport, modern and with many shops and restaurants in the waiting area.

We gained lots of new beautiful memories this cruise. As I stood on the scales I found out I gained 2 kg. Never knew memories were that 'heavy' :D

As I try to explain to friends why a gay cruise is so much fun I realise it must be the 'heaven like' situation that for once you are not a minority. Gently sailing the seas as in Noah's ark, away from a 'wicked word'. I always enjoy sitting in the restaurant on board, looking round and thinking 'wow' this are all gay people, in all their different sizes and backgrounds. At such moment I found myself really privileged I can experience al this.

Hope to see you in less than a year again.

Jochem

We had a good flight from Miami to Detroit and Amsterdam. We love the Detroit Airport. It is much better than Miami airport, modern and with many shops and restaurants in the waiting area.

We gained lots of new beautiful memories this cruise. As I stood on the scales I found out I gained 2 kg. Never knew memories were that 'heavy' :D

As I try to explain to friends why a gay cruise is so much fun I realise it must be the 'heaven like' situation that for once you are not a minority. Gently sailing the seas as in Noah's ark, away from a 'wicked word'. I always enjoy sitting in the restaurant on board, looking round and thinking 'wow' this are all gay people, in all their different sizes and backgrounds. At such moment I found myself really privileged I can experience al this.

Jochem

Well said, Jochem (as I clear my throat:)). Looking forward to seeing you and Bart on next year's cruise!

. As I stood on the scales I found out I gained 2 kg. Never knew memories were that 'heavy' :D

Jochem

Well said Jochem!!!! I know we felt the same way! And Jim even mentioned, we will probably never be able to go on a straight oriented cruise again!

Weight gain..........5 lbs (2.3 kg) for me.

I will also add that with this being our first gay cruise, we were concerned about too much "drama" from others or having to hear someone else's jealous issues etc..........and there was NONE. At least not within our earsight! It was a misconception that at least for this cruise was not the case. And very thankful. :)

dave

...I always enjoy sitting in the restaurant on board, looking round and thinking 'wow' this are all gay people, in all their different sizes and backgrounds...

Jochem

Once again I found myself in a conversation comparing Atlantis to RSVP (while still on board!!!) Jochem's statement sums it up for us. Why must someone try to convince us that we should try Atlantis when we're perfectly happy (6 times!!!) with the RSVP experience. You all make this trip what it is for us and for that we thank you. The countdown to 2010 has begun!!!

*P.S. I'm a little saddened by the inevitable dwindling of the 2009 board. I visit once in a while for old times sake:o

Well said Jochem!!!! I know we felt the same way! And Jim even mentioned, we will probably never be able to go on a straight oriented cruise again!

I think I will it's just a very different more intimate experience. I was very very happy on the QE2 crossing the Atlantic with a group of new found gay friends. And I can remember the daily FOD meeting in the Martini Bar on the Century. There were quite a lot of us and energetic eighty something lady who would come in and and shout: "Hi my name is Dorothy and these are ALLLLLLLL my friends! "

You certainly aren't so exhausted towards the end of the cruise. I must admit I was out of steam by the last sea day, next time I have to dose my energy a bit better

Weight gain..........5 lbs (2.3 kg) for me.

Didn't gain any weight at all............:D

I will also add that with this being our first gay cruise, we were concerned about too much "drama" from others or having to hear someone else's jealous issues etc..........and there was NONE. At least not within our earsight! It was a misconception that at least for this cruise was not the case. And very thankful. :)

dave

Didn't notice it either, such a waste of time. On this cruise people were far more flirty than last year. (or maybe I was too) It's a very personal experience, like last year I didn't get socially settled until the Lime T-Dance.

And I really enjoyed hanging out with Ron. It's always so nice to bring a first time cruiser around and see the experience through their eyes.

Trying to convince my best friend to come around next year. He was very impressed with the guys on my facebook album.

I was online yesterday and found out that the Carnivale in Curacao is the day we are in port. Some had thought it was Carnivale in Aruba, but since we A) leave Aruba at 3pm and B) are in Aruba on Ash Wednesday, I thought that was unlikely.

I am so thoroughly looking forward to 3 days at sea!!

First day back at work and wishing it was still last week. It was so great meeting so many of you at the meet & greet (I wish I had the chance to meet all of you!). We had such a great time this year and can't wait for next year.....we booked on board, but still not sure if we can make it (had to book to lock in the discount, but not sure since it is so many months away). I happend to speak with the Holland America Representative on board (Carol I think) and I asked her about the itinerary for next year. She mentioned that she and RSVP arranged the itinerary specially and main reason for the change was to get us to Curacao for Carnivale. Thats a good reason for a change, but being in the hotel business, it's hard for me to take Valentine's Day off (huge weekend for us this year and likely to be again in 2010), so not too excited about the change in dates (and no Oscar night on board....no big deal I guess).

I hope it works out that we can join all of you again, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for the next few months!!

Best wishes to all of you,

Kev

is it bad to HATE you!?!?

:mad:

Don't be a hater! Uhem, I actually lost a few pounds on the cruise. :D Wahoo! (No, I am not calling our cabin steward named Wahoo...)

I guess I have to go dancing till 2:30 am everynight more often. But like Reint I also ran out of steam - on Thursday night a hit the bed around midnight and slept a whole 7 hours! I felt a lot better after that.

We also had a cruise virgin with us and it was fun to show Robert around, see how he enjoyed it and to have my sister with me and act silly by entering the Swimsuit Pageant.

Don't be a hater! Uhem, I actually lost a few pounds on the cruise. :D Wahoo! (No, I am not calling our cabin steward named Wahoo...

Dave doesn't hate me, he just loves me to bits!

You can find info about the Curacoa Carnivale on this page. I wonder if they also have the Dutch hoempa hoempa variation overthere ;)

Did you actually got the meet your cabin steward? I didn't have a clue who mine was, just never saw him. But my cabin was clean and properly made up.

Did you actually got the meet your cabin steward? I didn't have a clue who mine was, just never saw him. But my cabin was clean and properly made up.

Speaking of cabin stewards, remember the conversation we had about tipping them at the beginning of the cruise to insure good service. Well, we tipped our steward $20, and then he told us he would be sharing the duties with another. In 5 minutes the other steward showed up to introduce himself, and kinda stood around like he was expecting something. So then I felt obligated to tip HIM $20! I will think twice about paying $40 for towel animals next year!

Archived