Church HMC

mattR

HMC is basically an uninhabited island. A few caretakers remain on the island but the people who work it come over from Eleuthra. There is a very small, charming chapel on the island but there are no regular services conducted. It is possible when a ship stops there on a Sunday, maybe there is a small service conducted in the chapel. I have never heard of it but I suppose it is possible.

HMC is basically an uninhabited island. A few caretakers remain on the island but the people who work it come over from Eleuthra. There is a very small, charming chapel on the island but there are no regular services conducted. It is possible when a ship stops there on a Sunday, maybe there is a small service conducted in the chapel. I have never heard of it but I suppose it is possible.

When I was at HMC on Sunday, August 29, a passenger on the Zuiderdam conducted an interdenominational service at the chapel. It wasn't anything formal ... she read some passages from the bible, everyone formed a circle, holding hands and singing praise songs ... giving testimonies, etc. But, I don't believe that, other than possibly weddings, any formally scheduled services are held there.

By the way, I love that beautiful ... simple chapel and the peace it gives me. If for no other reason, I'll keep coming back to HMC just to spend time in it.

Blue skies ...

--rita

One of the first thoughts I had when I heard there was some hurricane damage at HMC was of the Chapel. I have always enjoyed seeing it there and think it lovely. I was quick to notice, when we were there in October, that the Chapel survived just fine.

No service the sunday we were there :) and on the Friday we were there we had our renewel of vows there :) After we kissed they rang the tower bell about 10 times, it was

neat! :)

I'll bet it was neat! Must have been awfully romantic too.

Good for you, and may it just be one of many vow renewals you and your DH make.

Blue skies ...

--rita

I'll bet it was neat! Must have been awfully romantic too.

Good for you, and may it just be one of many vow renewals you and your DH make.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Oh it was :) DH and I renewed our vows on our 5yr., 10yr., 15 yr., and 28th yr.. This by far was the best and most memorable! We missed our 20th and 25th due to some hardship times which made this one even more special :)

Archived