Suites and Villas

cruiser92837465

I'm looking for a cruise for 2010 but haven't been able to find anything on any of the cruise lines that sets them apart from each other in any significant fashion, until I just read a few posts about Villas on NCL. The idea of having a villa sounded great, that was until I saw the photos. Are all the rooms those garish colors? Hot pinks, turquoise blues, purples? I would never get a good night's sleep with the decor I saw. Are they all like that or are there any with more neutral tones and if so, which ship would that be? I loved the photos of the villa pool / cabanas. Those were lovely.

We have been in both Garden Villas on the Pearl and while the living room has very bright colors for carpets, the colors in the bedrooms, particularly the master bedroom are much more subdued. We were concerned about the colors at first too, but the other great aspects of the suite definitely distract you from that.

To answer your question: I think that in pictures of the villas on the Star, the colors looked less overwhelming. I have not been on the Star though, so I cannot be sure.

But there is really nothing at sea like the Villa experience, don't let the colors keep you from going.

The photos are much more vivid than the actual experience. We've sailed in a penthouse 3 times now and I can't even tell you what color the carpet is. Like bulldog said, don't let the color keep you from enjoying an incredible experience! It's because of the suites that we keep coming back to NCL.

I am a little wary of the colors on the Pearl as we have booked an AE for December, but after getting an upsell on the Sky this past October, I am more sold on the perks and the service. We spend a lot of the time we are on the ship on the balcony so I don't think it will really matter. I actually just think that the pictures just show the colors a lot bolder than they really are.

I'm looking for a cruise for 2010 but haven't been able to find anything on any of the cruise lines that sets them apart from each other in any significant fashion, until I just read a few posts about Villas on NCL. The idea of having a villa sounded great, that was until I saw the photos. Are all the rooms those garish colors? Hot pinks, turquoise blues, purples? I would never get a good night's sleep with the decor I saw. Are they all like that or are there any with more neutral tones and if so, which ship would that be? I loved the photos of the villa pool / cabanas. Those were lovely.

Don't let the colors deter you; try something like these.....

You'll get a good nights sleep and you'll look quite sexy! :D

cover your eyes...escape into darkness

yhst-19104644342673_2039_12391088 Lay back, escape the light and ease your transition into a well deserved deep and relaxing slumber with a candi andi eye mask.

Our silk brocade & velvet eye masks or embroidered crushed velvet eye masks are Poly filled and include the perfect amount of all natural organic lavender blossoms. The natural soft scent of lavender has been used for centuries to aid in relaxation and the prevention of headaches.

Choose from stunning crushed velvet embroidered with inspirational sentiments and phrases or elegant duel sided silk brocade and crushed velvet.

CLICK ON A STYLE BELOW TO VIEW OUR ENTIRE LINE OF EYE MASKS:

yhst-19104644342673_2043_24815681 silk brocade & velvet eye masks

yhst-19104644342673_2043_24828651 embroidered velvet eye masks

|

b?P=s94AQNG_QkVZizGSqbn0JQHIobmWQkmn74gAAKgr&T=13vr39bh7%2fX%3d1235742600%2fE%3d23732888%2fR%3dst%2fK%3d5%2fV%3d3.1%2fW%3dJ%2fY%3dYAHOO%2fF%3d368612215%2fQ%3d-1%2fI%3d1%2fS%3d1%2fJ%3d4542BFD1

I can't believe "the colors" would keep anyone from sailing! It's not neon!:rolleyes:

You can afford to sail in a villa and you are worring about the color of the villa? Wow!

I have to agree with suzyed!!:D Listen , we did a GV on the Jewel, it was decorated worse than a disco room at a 70's club!! lol But who cares, it was an amazing experience! I say go for it!! And it's only really the carpet, everything else is inlaid wood and stunning... There is nothing on the major cruise lines that can compare (the room that is, the rest is much like any other major line).

I can't believe "the colors" would keep anyone from sailing! It's not neon!:rolleyes:

You can afford to sail in a villa and you are worring about the color of the villa? Wow!

To each his own.

To some, it is important that the color/decorating scheme is pleasing to them. It goes to the overall enjoyment factor of *their* cruise. To others, it means nothing.

Years ago, we were on a Carnival ship (Fantasy). Bright lights, neon, very Circus Circus Vegas look. That was not pleasing to me. Not my style. To each his own.:)

Good one angeljt. After that visit it wouldn't matter to me what color the room was as long as it kept spinning me into a nice long slumber. :D

you guys crack me up

Might as well have some fun, Fieldmom... Life is too short for me to worry about the little things. There are too many big things going on that can fill that spot. Those martini clinics sure do help with sleeping!!! :eek:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and we all have different likes and dislikes. Life is just easier if you go with the flow sometimes, especially on vacation. I wouldn't book those rooms if the colors bothered me that much, but they don't. We have a good time on all of our cruises, pink, purple, green or neutral.

Good one angeljt. After that visit it wouldn't matter to me what color the room was as long as it kept spinning me into a nice long slumber. :D

you guys crack me up

I agree totally! Some of these comments had me ROTFLMAO

Keep 'em coming...we could all use a good laugh these days. :D

angeljt, you are on a roll tonight! :)

Ha ha, noreddye, but I was serious about those colors!!! :D

I can sit out on the balcony for hours just looking at that Curacao blue ocean, lush green of the islands, and deep blue sky dotted with puffy, white clouds.

Paradise for me! :D

To each his own.

To some, it is important that the color/decorating scheme is pleasing to them. It goes to the overall enjoyment factor of *their* cruise. To others, it means nothing.

Years ago, we were on a Carnival ship (Fantasy). Bright lights, neon, very Circus Circus Vegas look. That was not pleasing to me. Not my style. To each his own.:)

Thank you for unstanding my post. If I'm going to spend top dollar on a vacation, I want my environment to be nurturing, not annoying. Sorry, maybe I'm a color snob but truly, there is nothing relaxing about hot pink and purple.

Love Boat Survivor,

We just got off the Pearl last Sunday (hesitantly). Let me just say, my husband is one of the manliest men I know. If color was going to bother anyone it would be him. That was definitely not the case. We both LOVED the decor on the Pearl, Courtyard Villa/Suite. From the highly varnished wood, chic artwork, statues around every corner, mirrors, flowers, carpets...all lovely. In the courtyard, pure paradise. My husband wants me to elaborate on the baby-soft teak steps leading you up to the 15th floor private deck. Let me assure you, you won't have a problem sleeping except that you'll not want to waste a minute sleeping. The colors are vibrant but NOT garish or loud! Posting some photos of our Courtyard Suite and Villa. (The last one is a "special" colorful photo.) :D

The designer was definitely on top of his game. A true artist built and decorated this ship!

768397633_BedroominPearlCourtyardSuitew_undernightstandlighting.jpg.cc504827c8c934a52cfe5a2a3557f196.jpg

52560222_LivingRoominPearlCourtyardSuite.jpg.8e6a79eb7600d4835180e14053b75e2b.jpg

362153830_SittingAreainPearlCourtyardSuite.jpg.f4f6e7a5bc9c5baf93f56f10bd4f2f7f.jpg

441321552_PearlCourtyardDaytime.jpg.88636d80a504be30309e890fd720001c.jpg

1586363086_ColorfulchipsPearl.jpg.2d317e16b2f80edc666f46c53cab9a09.jpg

We have been in both Garden Villas on the Pearl and while the living room has very bright colors for carpets' date=' the colors in the bedrooms, particularly the master bedroom are much more subdued. We were concerned about the colors at first too, but the other great aspects of the suite definitely distract you from that.

To answer your question: I think that in pictures of the villas on the Star, the colors looked less overwhelming. I have not been on the Star though, so I cannot be sure.

But there is really nothing at sea like the Villa experience, don't let the colors keep you from going.[/quote']

Thanks for your thoughtful post. I've stayed in the Villas at Rio All Suite and the MGM Grand hotels in Las Vegas which are all Tuscan colors. I guess that's what I expected when I heard the word villa.

Archived