Doin' the Doc Dance!

Terre

Whoo Hoo, we're doin' the doc dance!:D Got our e-docs today and now I'm really excited! It's not quite the same as getting them in the mail, but it still gets me dancin'!

Congratulations. We are going to be on Summit in 14 days, :)

I just want to know how your cruise went when you get back...food, entertainment, ports of call...what you liked, didn't like, etc. A good, honest, review. We've sailed X a few times before, but not the Summit, and we've been out of SJU several times before so we know all about that.

I've just been reading so much lately about X's standards slipping, quality of food and service not what we're all used to, so that kind of thing.

Wow, that's exciting!! When we sailed the Millie a few years ago we got paper docs and I still remember how excited I was going through everything. Can we request paper docs? How do the e-docs work? I love reading stuff over and hate having to print it out as it never looks quite the same...:D

Have fun! In about 4.5 months I'll be doing the same dance!

Linco, we leave April 4th and got them by e-mail yesterday.

Ezemoney, I'd have your TA FedEx them if you leave in 2 weeks. They may be ready for you to print on X's site, though. Log on to your account and see if they're there.

Sweetpea, e-docs are just as good as the paper ones. They just e-mail them to you and you print everything and bring them with you. I love paper docs though because I just love running from the mailbox to the house screaming and dancing down the driveway -- I miss that.

If you receive your docs in the mail, you also receive luggage tags. If you receive your docs by e-mail, you do not get the luggage tags. You have to get them at the port when you arrive and put them on your bags then. I have done it both ways.

How do you know if you are getting edocs or mailed docs?

Do you specify at booking?

A couple of different things could happen.

1. you can pick edocs or mail docs when booking cruise.

2. did you book less than 30 days out then you are getting edocs

3. if you used a TA, check to see what they picked for you.

Lauara

So, in the old days they used to send along luggage tags with the paper docs in the mail. If you print them out, how do the luggage tags work?

What I have done is print them on card stock and then laminate them, punch holes in each end and attach to my luggage with cable ties.

BTW...we are getting snow and lots of it...we don't usually get much, but they're calling for us to get between 4-8 inches...we NEVER get more than one to three. It's so pretty and the fakes are huge!

Archived