Hampton Inn Plantation

momtogo

Think we have narrowed down on our search for a one night pre-cruise stay to Hampton Inn Plantation based on the good reviews here and on TripAdvisor. I understand that there are restaurants and stores around the area, are they walkable? Are there any good non chain restaurants within walking distance? Any help you can provide is appreciated.

Free shuttle from FLL. Free shuttle to Port. Low point cost for HH members.

Comfortable beds, hot water, free breakfast, quiet location. Pool. Close to mall for last minute shopping. There was an Albertson's close by, but we hear that it closed.

There is a few non-chain resturants. An Italian place and a BBQ place the last time we were there in April last year. But we enjoy Chili's and Red Lobster and they are within walking distance.

A good choice.

You might be happier with the chain restaurants in that area. The last 2 times I ate in the non-chain restaurants in the Fountains I wasn't impressed (Upper Crust and another place I can't remember the name of).

J. Alexanders and Carabba's are walking distance.

Just stayed there last Sat. Excellent choice!! If the shuttle is not busy they will take you to restaurants. There is also a liquor store if needed.

We ate at Cantina Laredo (recommended by the hotel). It was really good!! Make sure you sign up for the shuttle. It is very well run, and they do call your name. We had the 11 oclock shuttle and some people did not sign up and 1st available was not until 2:00.

We will definitely stay here again!

Don't know when you plan to be there or what rate you've been quoted, but the Renaissance Plantation is running a cruisers special thru May at $104 a nite.

we've stayed there twice now (most recently end of January) and liked it very well. Not much in walking distance, but I'm assuming if you're staying in Plantation that you likely have a car. Jade Garden restaurant out that way was quite good.

There are tons of restaurants in that area. Heading south from the hotel, you'll find Red Lobster, Smokey Bones BBQ, Olive Garden, Cantina Laredo, Chili's, Sweet Tomatoes, Carrabba's, Applebee's, etc. all within walking distance, without crossing any major roads. If you don't want a chain, Stromboli's Pizza makes a great NY style pizza, or there's Padrino's Cuban Cuisine right next door, both right there inside the Fountains shopping center.

• 3 months later...
Free shuttle from FLL. Free shuttle to Port. Low point cost for HH members.

Comfortable beds, hot water, free breakfast, quiet location. Pool. Close to mall for last minute shopping. There was an Albertson's close by, but we hear that it closed.

A good choice.

I believe Albertson's has now re-opened as Publix. It is a great hotel. We stayed there before our last 2 Christmas cruises. Their staff is the best !

• 4 months later...

When checking the Hampton Inn in Plantation on their website it doesn't say anything about shuttle from the airport or to the port. These are mentioned for Hampton Inn at the airport. Is there really a shuttle service available at the Hampton in Plantation?

Thanks

When checking the Hampton Inn in Plantation on their website it doesn't say anything about shuttle from the airport or to the port. These are mentioned for Hampton Inn at the airport. Is there really a shuttle service available at the Hampton in Plantation?

Thanks

You might call and ask, but I wouldn't think so as Plantation is a long way from the port & airport. It's fine out there if you have a car, but if not the best place to stay is in Ft Lauderdale along SE17th Street or the beach.

Thanks

I have read here numerous times that they shuttled people for free to/from the airport and to the cruiseport, and that they even shuttled people around the neighborhood if needed. These things can change, so the best thing to do is to call and ask.

We stayed here last March and while it may have been a bit far from the port it was a great neighborhood. We walked to the mall for a quick lunch, to Target for those items we forgot, to the Red Lobster for dinner and to the liquor store for those necessary bottles (the liquor store was a bit of a walk but after a big dinner it was enjoyable). The shuttle was prompt and while there were six couples on the van, it didn't take long to drop everyone off. The hotel was very clean, the pool small, but nice and the front desk was very, very accommodating. We did ask to have the shuttle driver take us to the liquor store but they were exceptionally busy that evening...we enjoyed the walk in the beautiful Florida evening anyway.

BTW...I'm in the process of booking here again for this March!

Thanks for the mall information!

Another question for you guys. Our friends are staying at the Courtyard by Marriott. it is also on 6th street. Is it close to the Hampton? We thought we would try to meet for dinner if we are close. and maybe share a ride to the port (MIA) if they are close enough.

Archived