New S&S cards COOL!

newt98

Much better... At least the blue, gold and platinum stand out... John, are you getting the message yet???? lol

I think PLATINUM and ELITE HATE the new cards!!!

I like the ones you "played" with much better too Ash! At least give them a colored background....I'm a long way from Platinum, but I understand the point they make. I like to see the different color cards....These new ones...Don't care for em!

As others have said, we don't want Carnival keeping our cards after the cruise.

We have them from all of our cruises! They are a nice keepsake.

That is a bigger deal for the individual cruiser than cruise-lines realize

...or do they already know this? They must.

I'm platinum on this cruise ad absolutely HATE the new cards...It took me a long time to get here, and I want my Platinum card - wambalance please.:( DH and 2 sons a platinum after this cruise, DS #3 the one after that.

That's 5 vote against the new cards or 5 for the old cards - whichever way we're counting.:D

I actually like the DESIGN of the cards, but instead of colored waves and white backgrounds, I think colored backgrounds would be nice. I played around with it a little and while this is VERY rough I think it would make alot of people happy. It's updated AND it still has the blue, gold, and platinum backgrounds that make it recognizable.

15eenhl.jpg

I'm all for this idea as well. I'm only 2 away from Platinum. And, I've already got those two cruises booked.

That is a bigger deal for the individual cruiser than cruise-lines realize

...or do they already know this? They must.

John knows and I reinforced it in our discussion and my follow on emails...

The Blog as become the home of trial balloons... That's one of the reasons I love reading it...

In this case, I knew that the good folks here at Cruise Critic would have opinions and not agree to merely agree...

;)

If we have to start turning them in, then we will lose at least one during the cruise and have to have it replaced.

I hear ya on that - I just had the same thought!

I just wrote on John's Facebook wall, we'll see how it goes.

I actually like the DESIGN of the cards, but instead of colored waves and white backgrounds, I think colored backgrounds would be nice. I played around with it a little and while this is VERY rough I think it would make alot of people happy. It's updated AND it still has the blue, gold, and platinum backgrounds that make it recognizable.

15eenhl.jpg

Ash - you did a good job with your rough draft. I think if Carnival adopted that idea, most people would be happy. We would. :) Add a little color-changing effect like we have on the cards now and it would be perfect!

Hope they see it and give you credit!

Ash - you did a good job with your rough draft. I think if Carnival adopted that idea, most people would be happy. We would. :) Add a little color-changing effect like we have on the cards now and it would be perfect!

Hope they see it and give you credit!

I didn't comment earlier, but I agree. While I still prefer the original design, I think the mock-ups that Ash did would be a great compromise that would keep everyone happy. :)

I hear ya on that - I just had the same thought!

I just wrote on John's Facebook wall, we'll see how it goes.

Please hop on over to the blog thingy and post the same thing there in the 'Comments' section...

If the design has to change so be it. Just keep the solid Blue/Gold/Platinum background and put the wave thingies on all three in either one color (maybe the light blue) or some contrasting color.

15eenhl.jpg

Ash, I may have roughed out an idea a few hours before you, but you are first with a working model ! You win the copyright. Good job, and I could definitely live wih this. I hope Carnival is listening.

15eenhl.jpg

John,

Both my wife and myself like the old cards better. But we both like these cards better than all of them. Good job ASH

15eenhl.jpg

I like this mock up also!!!

Cathy

I'm no graphic artist, but I think what would actually look pretty good on Ash's new cards is to take out the "water". Just have the funnel in its red, white, and blue glory, and have the background of the card in blue, gold, and platinum, and I think they'd actually look pretty good. It's the swirling "water" that makes the cards look so terrible.

So what was the reaction like when Carnival changed from the old Sail and Sign cards to the current ones? I wasn't on the boards then, so I must have missed that debate.

As I recall they had an actual picture of a ship on them, does anyone have a picture of one?

Archived