Solstice Photos - January B2B

CelebrityMan

Hi,

We had a fantastic time aboard Solstice January 18 - February 1!! Can't say enough about how much we enjoyed this magnificent new ship!

Is it perfect? No, but what is? Comes darned close, though. :D

I would like to share the photos I've posted, both for those of you who have sailed aboard Solstice and for those who have yet to do so. Follow this link:

http://community.webshots.com/user/Calvin1956

That should get you to the main page of my albums. All the recent Solstice photos are grouped in albums at the top of the page. Immediately after those are the photos from the various ports of call. Not all of them are labeled or captioned, yet, but I'm working on it.

I don't profess to be anything than a rank amateur photographer..., it's just a fun hobby. Have fun looking!

All my best to all my fellow Celebrity fans, especially those from Solstice.

CM

Thanks for posting! After looking through your photos I really hope we have the sofa by the balcony. There seems to be more room to get into the closet with this set up. Especially when the beds are together.

Hi,

We hope you immensely enjoy your time aboard Solstice!

Our preferred arrangement was having the bed near the balcony. We felt having the sofa there puts the bed up against the closet, making the closet very difficult to use. We also felt having the open area near the closet made it easier to access the safe.

Again, these are minor points and merely preferences. We felt having the bed near the balcony gave at least the impression of a more spacious room.

It's a grand vessel!

CM

Hi CelebrityMan, (love the name),

Thanks for the great shots of the Solstice. Hoping you can answer the following question. Do you know who the current captain is on Solstice? There is a chart with all that info. but it has not been updated in quite a while. Thanks:)

Hi CelebrityMan, (love the name),

Thanks for the great shots of the Solstice. Hoping you can answer the following question. Do you know who the current captain is on Solstice? There is a chart with all that info. but it has not been updated in quite a while. Thanks:)

Hi,

Glad you're enjoying the pictures.

Yes, the current Master of the vessel is Captain Panagiotis Skylogiannis.

CM

• 4 weeks later...
Hi,

I have now finished the labels and captions for the photos related to our Solstice B2B and the ports of call.

I hope they have been and will be enjoyed by all viewing them.

CM

Hi Cal, thanks for sharing:) I am in a pickle about trying

to figure out if I can go to Alaska this summer...prices are

low (even for a solo) but airfare is not:eek:

Any chance ya'll might be doing Alaska this summer?

Then I see Equinox is having a 4 nighter out of FLL in November.

But the price for 4 nights for me is as much as 7 to Alaska:rolleyes:

I guess that is the price you pay for a brand new ship, huh?

We have four aft cabins on the Solstice this summer going to the Eastern Mediterranean. In fact, one of them is 9380!I think it is great that we will be able to open up the balconies, and have that beautiful view, but I have read a few posts that complain about a soot problem, lack of shade and no privacy. Did you find any of this a problem? I like the aft cabins, but now I am getting nervous. Also, since there is no aft staircase, was it a problem getting to other points on the ship?

Thanks for the pictures!

Hi Cal, thanks for sharing:) I am in a pickle about trying

to figure out if I can go to Alaska this summer...prices are

low (even for a solo) but airfare is not:eek:

Any chance ya'll might be doing Alaska this summer?

Then I see Equinox is having a 4 nighter out of FLL in November.

But the price for 4 nights for me is as much as 7 to Alaska:rolleyes:

I guess that is the price you pay for a brand new ship, huh?

Yes, we are doing Alaska this summer!! In fact, John & David are giving serious thought to doing the same sailing, if they haven't already booked it!

We are doing a 10-day sailing on Millennium, r/t out of Vancouver, B.C. and the prices are GREAT! The dates are September 18-28, 2009.

Gonna be fun!

Cal

We have four aft cabins on the Solstice this summer going to the Eastern Mediterranean. In fact, one of them is 9380!I think it is great that we will be able to open up the balconies, and have that beautiful view, but I have read a few posts that complain about a soot problem, lack of shade and no privacy. Did you find any of this a problem? I like the aft cabins, but now I am getting nervous. Also, since there is no aft staircase, was it a problem getting to other points on the ship?

Thanks for the pictures!

You're very welcome to the pictures.

We had absolutely no problem with soot. Yes, I saw a couple of flakes, but nothing to be bothersome. And much of the time enjoying our veranda I wore the stark white robe from the stateroom.... ;)

In the Caribbean the "lack of shade" did not materialize. Most of the time the ship was not positioned in such a manner to put our aft stateroom into full sun. It was only once, during a port of call, that the sun was full and we had to forego leaving the drapes open.

For us, aft positioning far from the stairs/elevators was not a problem. Yes, it was an unusually long walk, but it was not off-putting or troublesome. However, anyone with mobility issues would probably not like it. We found it delightfully quiet.

Have a grand cruise! We KNOW you're going to love the Solstice!!

Cal

Yes, we are doing Alaska this summer!! In fact, John & David are giving serious thought to doing the same sailing, if they haven't already booked it!

We are doing a 10-day sailing on Millennium, r/t out of Vancouver, B.C. and the prices are GREAT! The dates are September 18-28, 2009.

Gonna be fun!

Cal

Ohhh....I am thinking about going on Mercury in June.:)

We will miss other again.:eek:

I can't be gone on the 28th of any month....(due to

that 4 letter word:rolleyes:)

Gonna be fun!

Cal

Hi Calvin,

Great pictures, thanks for sharing.

We have also interest in the Millennium for 18 Sept. maybe B2B to LA. How is Alaska in Sept.?

Gitte

CM...thanks for posting your Solstice pics. They really helped give me a feel for what to expect in our CC cabin. I always thought I'd prefer the bed next to the balcony as I do think it would make the room feel more spacious that way...BUT in your pics the sofa/vanity area looks so inviting next to the balcony overlooking the water. Either way, I'm sure I won't be disappointed. Thanks again for sharing.

And BTW...We went to Alaska in Sept and had spectacular weather! It was sunny and mild with just one day of drizzle...just not enough snow to satisfy us Southerners...so we went back the following May! Snow we saw and loved it all over again! Can't get enough of Alaska! Enjoy your trip.

Trudy

Hi Calvin,

Great pictures, thanks for sharing.

We have also interest in the Millennium for 18 Sept. maybe B2B to LA. How is Alaska in Sept.?

Gitte

Hi Gitte,:) I sailed to Alaska back in September 2008. It rained

quite a bit but I had a fantastic time:D:):D anyway. Just pack

accordingly. Layering is the way to go.

Hi All,

Thanks for your kind words. I always enjoy sharing.

Gitte, we've done Alaska in September and thoroughly enjoyed it. As Lois says, "Layering is the way to go." Come join us!! Gitte, if you'd enjoy seeing pictures of the Millennium, there are several albums on my photo website.

Truthandkeidy, I completely agree, you'll have a GREAT cruise. Solstice is a fantastic ship! We were able to enjoy both stateroom arrangements since we were in an Aqua Class room for week #2. Of the two types of rooms, we MUCH preferred the arrangement with the bed by the veranda -- it truly did feel considerably more spacious.

Cal

Archived