luggage tags

meow!

We had our cruise back in April, so we have forgotten. For those of you who cruised recently, with your final documents, did Oceania give you some leatherette luggage tags or just the paper ones? (We remember the paper ones, just forget whether we received any leatherette ones!)

• 6 years later...
We had our cruise back in April, so we have forgotten. For those of you who cruised recently, with your final documents, did Oceania give you some leatherette luggage tags or just the paper ones? (We remember the paper ones, just forget whether we received any leatherette ones!)

This is an old board I found when searching for this topic. Does Oceania give luggage tags prior to sailing? I still have nice leather(ette?) ones from Seabourn and Silverseas which I got a few years ago.

This is an old board I found when searching for this topic. Does Oceania give luggage tags prior to sailing? I still have nice leather(ette?) ones from Seabourn and Silverseas which I got a few years ago.

No

We got some after our first cruise back in 2004 but I am not sure if they even do that anymore

They give the bag tags for the port

Lyn

No

We got some after our first cruise back in 2004 but I am not sure if they even do that anymore

They give the bag tags for the port

Lyn

In any case, it is the paper ones that come with the final documents when you get your blue booklet.

The others were given as thank you gifts, afterward.

The O paper luggage tags don't need to go on the bag until you are headed for the ship. I don't put them on until I get my luggage back from the airline after landing since I read somewhere on CC someone put them on before flying, and they were removed by baggage handlers to avoid confusion with the airline tags.

It's a good idea to also put a copy of your home and immediate contact data, along with your itinerary, in at least one easy-to-find location INSIDE your bag, just in case the tag on the outside gets lost.

Also, another CC'er suggested taking a quick photo of your bag after it's packed with your digital camera or cell phone and keeping it with you, just in case you have to file a claim for lost luggage with the airline.:eek: Good idea!

The leather and metal tags were sent as a gift some years ago, and as far as I know, have not been repeated.

With your final documents, you now get pre-printed tags with your name, deck number and room number clearly displayed. These are meant only to allow the crew to deliver bags to each cabin - there is not any other identity information, but be aware that they are intended to withstand heavy handling and will not come off easily....

The leather and metal tags were sent as a gift some years ago, and as far as I know, have not been repeated.

With your final documents, you now get pre-printed tags with your name, deck number and room number clearly displayed. These are meant only to allow the crew to deliver bags to each cabin - there is not any other identity information, but be aware that they are intended to withstand heavy handling and will not come off easily....

We just received 2 on our Alaska trip, this time they were navy blue and not beige..

Jancruz1

We have always put our luggage tags on before we ever walk out the door of our home. We have over 65 cruises under our belts (since 1957), and not one has ever been torn off. We feel it is a safety factor, for if your luggage does not make your flight, they have the information for your cruise. (But to each their own)

We also ask our TA for additional tags as we place one "inside" the luggage as well as a copy of our itinerary.

Let me correct my statement that not one has been torn off. We had to put 2 new ones on recently due to the handling of the staff at the "hotel." Fortunately we had the ones that we had in the luggage, as the O rep did not have any extras.

Let me correct my statement that not one has been torn off. We had to put 2 new ones on recently due to the handling of the staff at the "hotel." Fortunately we had the ones that we had in the luggage, as the O rep did not have any extras.

Exactly my point.

Exactly my point.

One of ours was torn off on rute from the suite to the pier in San Francisco.

The tagless bags of which there were about 25 were taken to a place near the exit to be collected by thse of us who had gone through every tagged bag to find ours. Well done Oceania....:)

We always put our tags on before we're out the door of our home.

These tags identify your name plus the cruise line you are taking. When reporting lost luggage in Copenhagen on our last trip, the luggage department knew the day and departure time of the ship. They were evidently supplied that information by Oceania. If we didn't have that on our luggage, it would make their search for our luggage much more difficult.

These tags do not come off.....we've taken 22 Oceania cruises and never lost one tag.

We always put our tags on before we're out the door of our home.

These tags identify your name plus the cruise line you are taking. When reporting lost luggage in Copenhagen on our last trip, the luggage department knew the day and departure time of the ship. They were evidently supplied that information by Oceania. If we didn't have that on our luggage, it would make their search for our luggage much more difficult.

These tags do not come off.....we've taken 22 Oceania cruises and never lost one tag.

...you've been very fortunate...!

...definitely not our experience...

cheers,

the Imagineer

We got the tan leatherette luggage tags after our cruise on Insignia in 2010. When I went to look for them just now, I found that the metal disk on one of them had already fallen off-and that just from sitting in a drawer. I pressed the disk back in but I'm not confident it will stay. It says Oceania Club so I guess it's a gift after a first cruise.

The leather and metal tags were sent as a gift some years ago, and as far as I know, have not been repeated.[...]
No

[...]Lyn

Perhaps, it is a one-off thing for first-timers.

[...] so I guess it's a gift after a first cruise.

Yes, we received these on the last night of our cruise (July 2011) and it was our first cruise with Oceania.

I can't imagine actually using them - they're very heavy and would get damaged easily if they were knocked about. Perhaps, they're symbolic - like a sport's trophy - even though it may be shaped like a glass, you don't use it as one. Mine are kept in a box with my copies of Currents, certificate for crossing the Arctic Circle and other paraphernalia from the trip - and probably that's where they'll stay... to get out and look at once in awhile.:D

Perhaps, it is a one-off thing for first-timers.

Yes, we received these on the last night of our cruise (July 2011) and it was our first cruise with Oceania.

I can't imagine actually using them - they're very heavy and would get damaged easily if they were knocked about. Perhaps, they're symbolic - like a sport's trophy - even though it may be shaped like a glass, you don't use it as one. Mine are kept in a box with my copies of Currents, certificate for crossing the Arctic Circle and other paraphernalia from the trip - and probably that's where they'll stay... to get out and look at once in awhile.:D

we also received them the last night onboard...they were navy leather with metal emblem...the emblem fell off immediately and they ae now "resting" in the drawer...will not be used.

we also received them the last night onboard...they were navy leather with metal emblem...the emblem fell off immediately and they ae now "resting" in the drawer...will not be used.

That's a shame. I still use Seabourn tags that they sent us before a cruise 10 years ago!

Archived