Cruise Director of Oasis ?

Dear followers,

would anybody mind to ask more specific along your cruise when Rich will take over ? :D

I did not get anything more detailed along my last freedom cruise - other than what I posted already (see 1st post in here).

I can hardly wait to see what ideas Rich comes along on such a big "playground" for him :cool:

Thanks in advance very much.

Best regards

Christian

a little birdy on the mariner this week--he swore me to secrecy not to say his name--told me that richard spacey has been named the permanent cd on oasis. He will take over for ken a couple of months after launch.

i heard that there gonna be two cruise director on the oasis a crew member from the mariner had told me

a little birdy on the mariner this week--he swore me to secrecy not to say his name--told me that richard spacey has been named the permanent cd on oasis. He will take over for ken a couple of months after launch.

so that means richard is gonna be on the oasis in december or after?

I really enjoyed Rich on our last Freedom cruise. Ken was on our first Freedom cruise and on our Liberty cruise. We will be going in Oct of 2010 on Oasis so I hope that Rich is on Oasis at that time. My daughter absolutely loved him. She will be celebrating her sweet 16 that week. I guess I wont that to worry about having Ken again if he will be on Oasis in December.

As someone that spent 3 weeks with Eric dowis on the Explorer in 2007 I think he is one of the Biggest T**S going. I don't want to see him on the Oasis in Oct 2010.

Interesting. I think Eric is the best CD in the fleet. :)

I think James Andrews and the new guy Bob Goodell would be an awesome duel for Oasis.:);)

They are both real good.;)

I've sailed with James Andrews on Rhapsody in 2003. He was a great CD. I haven't sailed with Bob Goodell yet, but I've heard he's a real hoot:rolleyes::D He gets my vote too;)

• 3 months later...
Just off Voyager and Eric Dowis was our cd. He is absolutely hilarious. Had us in tears of laughter half the time.

We have only cruised RCCL 7 times, but Eric Dowis was by far and away the best CD we had. I think he was on the both Voyager cruises that we took>

I think James Andrews and the new guy Bob Goodell would be an awesome duel for Oasis.:);)

They are both real good.;)

James Andrews was our CD on the Liberty. I thought he was very good! It would be cool to see him on Oasis.

So is the CD really responsible for coming up with and/or approving all the various events on the ship?

If there will be two CDs on Oasis, how do you think they will divide the responsibilities?

I agree that James would be a great choice. Sailed w/ him on Explorer.

By far RICHARD SPACEY would be my TOP PICK for Oasis! My entire family/friends group absolutely fell in love with him.:D:p

I teach a hospitality and tourism class...low and behold there were three spotlight pages dedicated to Richard's journey with RCI in our new textbook. It was great being able to share with my class our cruise experience w/ him. :D

Wow this thread sure has a lot of names being tossed around. I might as well add my information...

While aboard the Mariner on May 10th sailing, Ken Rush was our cruise director. At the Meet and Mingle, he entertained questions from cruisers and was asked specifically who the CD (s) would be aboard the Oasis. He told us that he was aware of the rumors regarding 2 CDs, and that this was indeed just a rumor. He mentioned that the assistant CD would have a lot more responsibilities just because of the size of the ship.

He also told us that he would be taking the Oasis out, just as he does for all new builds. For the 1st few sailings (didn't know how many), there will be 2 CDs. The 2nd CD is Richard Spacey, and after the agreed upon "first sailings", Richard will be taking over as permanent CD on the Oasis.

We're travelling on Jan 2, 2010, and I hope both are aboard during that sailing!

[quote name='robntawn']Wow this thread sure has a lot of names being tossed around. I might as well add my information...

While aboard the Mariner on May 10th sailing, Ken Rush was our cruise director. At the Meet and Mingle, he entertained questions from cruisers and was asked specifically who the CD (s) would be aboard the Oasis. He told us that he was aware of the rumors regarding 2 CDs, and that this was indeed just a rumor. He mentioned that the assistant CD would have a lot more responsibilities just because of the size of the ship.

He also told us that he would be taking the Oasis out, just as he does for all new builds. For the 1st few sailings (didn't know how many), there will be 2 CDs. The 2nd CD is Richard Spacey, and after the agreed upon "first sailings", Richard will be taking over as permanent CD on the Oasis.

We're travelling on Jan 2, 2010, and I hope both are aboard during that sailing![/quote]

Rob, thanks! That would be fantastic if we had both Ken and Richard

[quote name='robntawn']Wow this thread sure has a lot of names being tossed around. I might as well add my information...

We're travelling on Jan 2, 2010, and I hope both are aboard during that sailing![/QUOTE]

I'm also sailing on that cruise and hope for two CDs as well. The chances seem 50/50 as I would think they would still have 2 for the two preceding cruises to help handle the extra holiday festivities. I have a feeling that means that Ken may leave on the 2nd or we may get lucky and be his last week. I doubt he would still be on any later. We are the sixth official sailing (Labadee and then 5th 7 night) so hopefully they don't believe in clean numbers like 5, lol.

I enjoyed Richard on the Freedom of the Seas,but where has he gone?He was such an awesome cruise director.I'd make reservations on the ship if I could find him????Anyone know??????Thanks.mprsks

• 2 weeks later...
@Can'twaittogo!: You're kiddin' me ? I was twice on the Freedom so far, twice Rich. Now we're doing LOS next, just due to the irreresistible price, crying all day that Rich is on Freedom. We tried to find excuses for ourselves that it might not be too bad to see another cruise director ... but actually were lying to ourselves.
NOW you tell me that Rich is on LOS :):p:):cool::D:cool:
COOL!
Does anybody know how long Rich will stay on LOS ? We'll be crusin' her on Nov-16.

PS Any news about Rich going to Oasis ? Isn't it somehow a pre-stage for him to leave FOS, now being on LOS before going to Oasis ? He personally told me on our last one that he will stay on FOS ... which I never believed and therefore started this thread ;-)))

[quote name='AquaWtr4me']My vote would be for Graham Seymour. Love Eric, but Graham is multi-talented and hilarious!![/quote]I second that, Graham is a real entertainer, not just interested in selling bingo tickets as some we have come across in the past. He was the CD on the Indie TA in April and he was great fun and as you say, multi-talented.

• 2 months later...
We just got off Freedom on Sunday last, and Richard was cruise director - During the last night, he said "I've got three weeks left on this ship", having said earlier in the week that he visited the Oasis at Turku a few weeks ago because he would be working on it.

[quote name='landj4always']We have heard both Ken Rush and Dennis Sciortino will both be on Oasis.[/quote]

We sailed with Dennis on the Mariner of the Sea's and I would love either him or Richard again. He was very visible throught the Cruise and enjoyed his energy.

Archived