Cruise Director of Oasis ?

Hi,

we have been on the Freedom 2 times now, last time Oct 2008...

For us most of the fun on the Freedom was the Cruise director and his shows etc.

Therefore we asked Rich(ard) Spacey if he would move to the Oasis... 'Of course I will stay on the Freedom...' ...

But from some other team members we heard that "as usual xyz (forgot his name) will take the new ship out and Rich will take over" ...

Any news on that - also about timing ?

And more in general: Does anybody know any better 'entertaining' cruise director than Rich, so in case Rich will not move we can anyhow rely on having same fun ... ;-)

Am asking as we are planning to be on the Oasis in 2010 and of course are also interested in the cruise director.

Hope I did not oversee a posting.

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Greetings

Christian

Yes, I think Ken was the name I also heard to be the one 'who normally takes the new ones out' ... I'm wondering how long this would be and who will follow ;)

But, hmm, if this takes some time I would have the chance to go on the Oasis, see if Ken rocks the same, and if Rich comes back, have one more reason to go a second time :cool:

I have never sailed with Ken, but I hear hes fabulous and usually does the new ships for a while.

I would love to sail with Richard Spacey, Graham Seymour, or Clo on the Oasis. Any combo would be awesome.

We made the mistake of sailing once with Ken Rush as CD. He is waaaaay over the top and loves to hear himself talk ALL the TIME. We just sailed with Eric and he was great and much more balanced (and funny).

I can't understand how people love Ken so much. When I go on a cruise I don't want to hear the CD every hour or so blabbing over the ships PA system every day of the cruise (I kid you not that is what Ken did).

Ken on a ship = no cruise for our group.

Rich Spacey is tops in my book for CD...hope he gets a permanent spot on Oasis or Allure, but will sure miss him on FOS. Will be sailing with him for my third FOS sailing in a couple monts...and he makes the cruise experience a hit every time!

We had Ken Rush on Navigator and Ken is at the bottom of my CD list. IMO, he has no sense of humor, is very boring and lacks personality when you meet him at meet/mingle in Diamond & Platinum get togethers. I'm not a high maintenance person either. I taught school middle school for 30 years. It doesn't take much to entertain me! My cruises have all been absolutely wonderful. Nothing to really complain about. The good thing about putting him on Oasis would be the ship would match his ego!

Rich Spacey is tops in my book for CD...hope he gets a permanent spot on Oasis or Allure, but will sure miss him on FOS. Will be sailing with him for my third FOS sailing in a couple monts...and he makes the cruise experience a hit every time!

I never really pay attention who the CD is that was until we sailed on the Freedom and all I can say about Richard Spacey is he made our cruise. He was the best entertaiment on the ship, I am not sure what Rich takes but I want to buy some his energy is endless and he is just so darn funny

I don't mind who the cruise director is. I'm so excited to try out Oasis that the CD won't make any difference at all.

I'm with you on that one. There's going to be so much to see and do I don't even care if I see the CD the whole cruise.

I'm with you on that one. There's going to be so much to see and do I don't even care if I see the CD the whole cruise.

Ditto that. A cruise director has never made or ruined any cruise I've been on. Some are a little more quick witted than others, but not to the degree that I would jump for joy at any one particular CD being on the ship.

As someone that spent 3 weeks with Eric dowis on the Explorer in 2007 I think he is one of the Biggest T**S going. I don't want to see him on the Oasis in Oct 2010.

I have not heard of the before mentioned CD's but in my last four cruises i've had Allen Brooks twice and I think he is one of the best i've ever had. I'm a younger cruiser at 23 and like seeing the staff out late and having some fun with the passengers. Also Casey Peltor was one a few years ago and found him great. Hopefully I can see these others that everyone else mentioned to compare.

I agree about Richard. I feel that most of the CD's are more like used car salesmen than anything else but Richard was different. He was out and about all over the ship.

The first few weeks you will get Ken ... but what happened to us on the Liberty was that he was "on" for too many weeks before the ship even sailed and he took a vacation after about 6 weeks. Maiden voyage was May 19th -- and we sailed June 30th or somewhere around there.

This is typical because they are involved in the final details and then taking the ship out for all the presailings and by the time the ship actually sails for the maiden voyage they are getting close to completing their weeks onboard.

He will come back after the vacation and continue with the ship until the next one sails but if you're not booked for the first month or so...chances are you will get the replacement.

Can't recall the replacement - he was fine - but the assistant was not so great.

We had Ken Rush on Navigator and Ken is at the bottom of my CD list.

I agree 100%. Normally I don't pay much attention to CD's, but two that stand out are both from Royal Caribbean. My least favorite is Ken Rush. I don't know what people see in him. I'm not impressed with him on or off the stage. Like you mention, a bit too much of an ego and it's not even justified. My favorite is Richard Spacey. So much fun and full of personality (both on and off stage). Easy on the eyes as well.

I'm sailing on OASIS in January, and I hope Ken will be long gone by then. One can wish. I also read there will be two full time CD's on OASIS.

Ernie

I for one, do not pay attention to the CD's, they are not that important or fun ( Funny ). I think their staff is much more fun, and I have more fun with the crew that the english is not all there or they are a little more " Campy ". Much more fun and animated. What is the CD for..........They could care less about the passengers but the staff seems to remember all passengers and always make time for them.

My Opinion.................:confused:

Mike

Archived