Deadline for online checkin...help please!

watermelon5

Please help. My DH was mugged last night. He is fine thank goodness. They took his backpack which had his passport in it. We sail in 10 days. He is going to apply for a new passport which they said he could get within 3 business days.

How long before we sail can we still check in online? Does this make sense? Sorry, I am upset and may not be explaining correctly. I tried to check the online cruise booklet, but for some reason, my adobe wont open the document. Thanks.

If you are refering to the passenger immigration form being filled out I got this from the Princess web site. I would call Princess and explain what happened so that they can give you the correct answer.

PASSENGER IMMIGRATION FORM (PIF)spacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifUnited States and foreign governments require the advance reporting of passenger immigration information. To comply, passengers are required to provide complete and accurate information no later than six (6) days prior to sailing. Passengers who have purchased Princess FlightChoice or FlightChoice Plus are required to provide this information at forty-five (45) days prior to sailing. Failure to provide this information will result in delayed check-in and, possibly, denied boarding.

As long as you show up at least 90 minutes prior to the departure time, you don't even have to do the online check-in. Many people never do it at all.

Just get to the port early.

Fill out as much as you can online, then take the new passport to check-in and they'll enter the information and slide your credit card. It'll be done in a snap. ;)

Thank God your DH is okay! :eek:

Please help. My DH was mugged last night. He is fine thank goodness. They took his backpack which had his passport in it. We sail in 10 days. He is going to apply for a new passport which they said he could get within 3 business days.

How long before we sail can we still check in online? Does this make sense? Sorry, I am upset and may not be explaining correctly. I tried to check the online cruise booklet, but for some reason, my adobe wont open the document. Thanks.

Do it now. Today. I'm sure you have your passport numbers and if he gets a new number you'll just have to change it.

If it were me I would call princess now and let them know what is going on. And then, as advised on these forums, call again.

Why was he carrying around his passport 2-weeks before your cruise?

Jim

When I read the original post I immediately thought, "Oh My Goodness, I hope that does not happen to me!" :eek: I carry my passport with me in my backpack every day. Hey, you never know when you'll need to leave the country in a hurry. :)

I actually keep it in there because my backpack is my carry on and I only use my passport as ID when flying. I guess I just left it in there the first time I used it and I liked the convenience of always having it with me. I have a copy home in a drawer just in case the passport is ever lost or stolen. Maybe not such a good idea.

If you are refering to the passenger immigration form being filled out I got this from the Princess web site. I would call Princess and explain what happened so that they can give you the correct answer.

PASSENGER IMMIGRATION FORM (PIF)spacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifUnited States and foreign governments require the advance reporting of passenger immigration information. To comply, passengers are required to provide complete and accurate information no later than six (6) days prior to sailing. Passengers who have purchased Princess FlightChoice or FlightChoice Plus are required to provide this information at forty-five (45) days prior to sailing. Failure to provide this information will result in delayed check-in and, possibly, denied boarding.

Thanks Iamcruzin! This is the exact info I couldn't bring up on my computer. Thanks for posting it for me.

To answer other questions, I had already checked in but I know that a new passport will mean a new passport number and I will need to correct that on line. My fear is that if we show up at the terminal with a passport that doesnt match what we entered, we may have problems....

He was carrying his passport because he went to the States a week ago and didnt remove it from his backpack, knowing he was going to be using it again in a short time. Human error. Now we know better!

Lady Jag - We do not have Princess Air so that is good. Thanks for your good wishes.....to everyone.

Thanks Iamcruzin! This is the exact info I couldn't bring up on my computer. Thanks for posting it for me.

To answer other questions, I had already checked in but I know that a new passport will mean a new passport number and I will need to correct that on line. My fear is that if we show up at the terminal with a passport that doesnt match what we entered, we may have problems....

He was carrying his passport because he went to the States a week ago and didnt remove it from his backpack, knowing he was going to be using it again in a short time. Human error. Now we know better!

Lady Jag - We do not have Princess Air so that is good. Thanks for your good wishes.....to everyone.

Even with a different passport number this could have been changed at the pier if you had even less time.

At least all of your info had already been entered.

Archived