Just want to say "thanks".....

I'm not always able to spend as much time as I'd like on the HAL boards:) Yes, believe it or not, I actually like to spend time here! Just want to say a very big "thank you" to those of you who take the extra time and effort to post your reviews, photos, scan the daily programs and menus, and just generally provide information for those of us who are cruise addicted. In particular, I would like to say "thank you" to Twinkletoes and RuthC, who always go the extra mile, and provide a lot of terrific information, while remaining friendly, helpful, and outgoing.

Thanks, ladies.:) And thanks to so many others, who contribute a lot of their time and efforts to provide answers here.

Yes, thanks to all who share information, as well as those who post their reviews!

There are many, many nice people on this board -- and more keep joining every day. I think that is so nice. Very nice. With a cherry on top! :)

I'm flattered, Karin, and a little embarrased to be singled out. :o There are so many people on this board who love to share their love of all things HAL.

But thank you so much for the kind words. And please don't leave yourself out of the praise. You are very helpful, especially when it comes to info on staying in Seattle. That's a big help to many people.

middle-aged mom,

Thank you so much for your kind words! You are also very helpful and kind to all posters...so my thanks to you and all the other posters here that have helped me when I asked questions. I am happy to provide as much help as I can, because I have received so much help from posters here at CC when I am the one asking the questions. :)

On my Noordam thread I mentioned that we're cruising to Alaska on HAL but I really had no clue where to even start with the planning. Takemewithyou, mamamofami, cruising-along & norcal2 all jumped in and answered my questions, and by the end of the evening...I had a game plan for our cruise! :)

I think a big 'yeah' needs to go out to our girl, Lisa, for her daily reports and Waves! :D

Donna is a gem too, keeping the ever changing cruise list, our favorite Copper keeps us abreast of the nautical stuff, and last (but certainly not least) we have S7S and her insights. :D

All in all, it's a wonderful group of ppl here that try to be very helpful generally. :D

Great thread, if I could add a few more names to the honor roll.

Pipedreams with his split second photos,(how he does it is a mystery:))that appear when we begin to take ourselves too seriously and remind us the importance of being able to laugh at ourselves.

Cruisetta with her delightful ships and warm heart.

Rev.Neal with helpful reviews and great photographs

.All those CCers who when one of our own is hurt or sad 'circle the wagons" and lend support.

The fabric of this forum is made up of some very interesting threads. Woven together they create a place to come for information and share our love of cruising.

For the knowlege I have gained and the fun I have had ,I thank you.

Colleen.

It is for the information that is shared by all the characters that we all come back for...

When someone decides to post an update of their journey, it is so much fun to imagine yourself there with them...

So thanks everyone!!! Keep up the great effort that makes visiting here a daily routine...

You all rock!!

:D:D:D

Although I appreciate the thought Karin and the thread, there are so many here who share their journeys, thoughts, experiences and feelings; I couldn't signal any one person out of the many who have helped me over the years here.

Thanks for thinking of the nice things.

.All those CCers who when one of our own is hurt or sad 'circle the wagons" and lend support.

I'll never forget that localady noticed that I was "missing in action" a few years ago, and posted an alert inquiring if I was all right. I wasn't.

I deeply appreciate the support that she and her post generated.

Although I appreciate the thought Karin and the thread, there are so many here who share their journeys, thoughts, experiences and feelings; I couldn't signal any one person out of the many who have helped me over the years here.

Thanks for thinking of the nice things.

Well said!!!

(I would have mentioned you too, but I'm too jealous of all the wonderful cruises you have been able to experience... may you enjoy many more! :D)

I would like to add my thanks to all the great people here who take the time to share their cruise experiences.

In 2006 we were planning an Alaskan cruise when I came across this site. My husband had taken a lot of persuading to even think about going on a cruise after 40 years in the Royal Navy, so choosing which line to go with was a big decision! It had to be the right one. I didn't know much about cruising back then and had certainly never heard of Holland America. Their publicity is still very low key here in the UK.

By complete coincidence the first time I checked out the Holland America board, Lisa was just starting a thread from one of her trips to Alaska. I followed her every day from Las Vegas right through the cruise and back again. After the first few days I knew that Holland America would be perfect for us. I booked the day the 2007 itineraries were announced and we cruised from Vancouver to Seward on the Ryndam in July 2007. It lived up to our high expectations and we all had the most brilliant time. Last year we met up with a group of wonderful CC 'friends' in Rotterdam at the Eurodam dedication and on the Eurodam prelude cruise. I've just booked our third cruise for September this year - with Holland America, of course!

I would like to add my thanks to all the great people here who take the time to share their cruise experiences.

In 2006 we were planning an Alaskan cruise when I came across this site. My husband had taken a lot of persuading to even think about going on a cruise after 40 years in the Royal Navy, so choosing which line to go with was a big decision! It had to be the right one. I didn't know much about cruising back then and had certainly never heard of Holland America. Their publicity is still very low key here in the UK.

By complete coincidence the first time I checked out the Holland America board, Lisa was just starting a thread from one of her trips to Alaska. I followed her every day from Las Vegas right through the cruise and back again. After the first few days I knew that Holland America would be perfect for us. I booked the day the 2007 itineraries were announced and we cruised from Vancouver to Seward on the Ryndam in July 2007. It lived up to our high expectations and we all had the most brilliant time. Last year we met up with a group of wonderful CC 'friends' in Rotterdam at the Eurodam dedication and on the Eurodam prelude cruise. I've just booked our third cruise for September this year - with Holland America, of course!

And thanks again for setting up that dinner on the Euromast! :)Enjoyed sitting across from, and chatting with, your husband (RN ret) and Mr. Bill Smith, USAF (ret)!

Archived