Assigned 6033...Will I keep it??

mringenoldus

About a month ago I booked an E gty. Last night I saw that I have been assigned 6033 - the best of the obstructed oceanviews.

Has anyone had the experience of being moved once the cabin was actually assigned? If I am in an E - I would really like to have this one.

I was surprised to find this assignment as a roll call member stated that he was in this cabin. Perhaps he decided to book higher or canceled.

The gentleman was writing on our roll call, so I'm assuming he is on the same sailing.

After I read your question, for a minute I thought maybe I had been posting on the wrong roll call!! So I went back to that board an double checked - nope - right date and year....thank goodness :)

About a month ago I booked an E gty. Last night I saw that I have been assigned 6033 - the best of the obstructed oceanviews.

Has anyone had the experience of being moved once the cabin was actually assigned? If I am in an E - I would really like to have this one.

I was surprised to find this assignment as a roll call member stated that he was in this cabin. Perhaps he decided to book higher or canceled.

mringenoldus,

Once you're assigned a cabin it probably wont be changed, however, the options are all on Oceania's side if they need to move you for some reason. You agreed to take ANY E, or better.

I guess I'm confused. Why did you booked a guarantee if you're specific about which cabin you want?

On a totally unrelated subject, are you related to Miss Rheingold?

ar120569451833628.jpg

Looks like the gods have favored you; you definitely have won the lottery of E cabins!

(Nautica's 6033 was graced by us on our lovely Aegean Adventure in September, and again will be our home for our June Enchanted Escapade.)

Enjoy your good fortune!:)

This might not be helpful at all - but I did book a gty on Princess and they assigned my cabin almost the next day! So i called my TA and got put BACK on GTY - we paid for an obstructed OV and ended up with a balcony FWD.

vegasnine

That's a terrific upgrade. Lucky!! Princess does this type of upgrade, but although I haven't cruised Oceania before it appears they only upsell.

StanandJim

I was willing to accept any E cabin - and totally understand the risks and rewards of a GTY booking. It looks like I am fortunate (at least for the time being)!

Archived