Princess 2 for 1 sale

HMSDingy

I just got this brochure in the mail and although it looks interesting, I can't find the specials on their website. When I called them they told me that it was only for off-season cruises. But I still can't findthe specials. Anyboyy out there know what's going on?:confused:

I got a 2-for-1 brochure a couple of months back - it was for Alaska and Europe cruises. It wasn't limited to off season then, but the prices were obviously better for off season. We booked a 14 night Alaska, simply because the prices were too good to pass up. I was not able to see the specials on their site, even when logged in, but when I called they gave me the pricing by phone. I booked on the phone with Princess and have not seen any better pricing since then. I am surprised they still have the offer out there - I thought it had sold out a while back. Maybe it's a different one? Hope so, as I could definitely go for booking another deal....

I don't know what special you received in the mail. In Feb. we received a 2 for 1 special in the mail for specific Alaska cruises, and specific Mediteranian cruises. By specific, I mean it gave the date of the cruise and the ship's name. When we pulled up the Princess website, we looked at the Alaska cruises, and chose the date & ship specified. Our sale was for Alaska cruises in May '09. Then there was a green message (small letter just above the the category prices) that said something like "click here for special prices" When you clik on the green letters, it takes you to the Princess home page, where you sign in with your e-mail address & password. If you don't have an account set up, you need to create one. Once signed it, it automatically goes to the cruise you selected, and you will see the sale prices for the different category of cabins. I hope this helps. Without this sale, we would not be going to Alaska this May. :p

I just got this brochure in the mail and although it looks interesting, I can't find the specials on their website. When I called them they told me that it was only for off-season cruises. But I still can't findthe specials. Anyboyy out there know what's going on?:confused:

The 2-for-1 was apparently an offer "mailed" only to selected Past Guests and others, and isn't listed/available on the website. ken

We just got our second 2 for 1 coupon today - for Alaska (northbound), roundtrip Seattle, and Europe cruises. And we've never sailed with Princess before - only HAL!!! Go figure! Hope these great prices hold for 2010, which is when we're planning to go back to Alaska for the third time!

:D This makes me laugh... I have never sailed HAL, only Princess, and every week I get 2 to 3 brochures from HAL! I received the most beautiful Alaska brochure from HAL... it must have cost a fortune!

I must say, you'll have to watch those prices, the 2 for 1 on Princess are long gone! The Alaska cruise I reserved less than 2 months ago is now $400 more a person than when I booked, and the single cruiser price is $200 more than a double, go figure! :eek:

VB1

I am going to Alaska at least a year earlier than planned thanks to the 2 for 1. I have never cruised Princess before but have cruised 3 other times and I feel that is a factor in me getting the coupons. I think I got a wonderful price on my balcony. Thanks Princess

I originally booked a July cruise to Alaska using the 2 for 1 fare .... but last week, I saw that the Princess website was advertising a LOWER price than what I received with the 2for1!

anyone else experience that?

"I saw that the Princess website was advertising a LOWER price than what I received with the 2for1!"

If the lower fare was for the sailing you booked, did you call Princess and ask for the fare reduction for your booking?

I have called and gotten fare reductions on several cruises, sometimes more than once for the same cruise, so it might be worth a try for you.

Hi,

Yes, I did get the lower price, thank you!

I just thought it was a little strange -- that the 2 for 1 promotion ended up costing more than the regular "just visit princess.com and see what price comes up" fare. (Without signing in!)

Hi,

Yes, I did get the lower price, thank you!

I just thought it was a little strange -- that the 2 for 1 promotion ended up costing more than the regular "just visit princess.com and see what price comes up" fare. (Without signing in!)

Same thing happened to me, except I had to sign in. Over about 11 months since booking (not sailing until June), the cost of our cruise has dropped over $1000/pp for a mini-suite.:D

Les

Archived