Princess makes things right for CB 1/25 passengers

seankaiser

Got home today and found a letter in my mailbox offering my wife and I *each* a $75 credit for a future cruise on any Princess cruise booked by the end of March 2010.

It was included in a letter acknowledging the issues onboard during the 1/25/09 Caribbean Princess cruise.

I know I complained quite loudly on these boards when we got home regarding the state of the cruise, and this definitely makes me think more highly of Princess. We did not complain directly to Princess, although did make mention on our survey at the end of the cruise that the free champagne at dinner the first night didn't really make up for the issues onboard.

Has anyone else received the same (or similar) offer?

Didn't get the offer as we were not on that cruise, BUT I'm not in the least surprised that Princess took the bull by the horn and has attempted to keep their customers happy. Good going and enjoy your next cruise!

No letter yet, but there was a surprise compensation in our accounts:D. I truely did not expect anything. At least it shows they validate the complaints. May get a letter in a few days????

Janet

I'm not surprised either that Princess did good on the problems that their passengers experienced on that one sailing. It has been my experience that they do generally speaking. I still think quite highly of Princess, this is just one of the many reasons why.

We did get our letter today. We did not complain directly to Princess, just made some mentions in the survey on the ship. The offer must've been made to everyone on the ship as we made no formal complaint.

The letter just stated that the renovations took longer than expected and that they recognize that we were inconvenienced during embarkation on during the time on the ship. I'm glad to see Princess acknowledging the issues and attempting to make it right.

Now the key is to find a great deal for another cruise and use the credit since it can be used with other offers.

Yes! We were also on that sailing and we also received the surprise $75 credit. I did write a letter but haven't received a response yet. Maybe I won't get a response, but I'll certainly take the credit! I'm glad that Princess finally acknowledged their mistakes and apologized for them. I just wish they would have done it while on the cruise instead of a month later!

What happened on the cruise?

This cruise was basically a mess coming directly out of dry dock , with some renovations not complete, appparently everything started off pretty rough from the get-go with embarkation in SJU disorganized, crew frazzled and unprepared to deal wlith the ensuing fracas and everyone on edge, basically not a good thing all around...glad to here things are better, and that princess is responding.

All 4 guests in my cabin got their letters yesterday. All of us got our own $75 credit. It was a nice surprise as I truly was not expecting anything. However, not sure we will be booking another Princess by the date we need to use the credit by... boo :(

Archived