Problems from Turkey to Europe to U.S.

Tommaso

Read recently that passengers flying from Istanbul to Europe and on to U.S. had to stop for boarding passes and go thru security lines again in European airport.

Were taking KLM from Istanbul to Amsterdam & then Continental to U.S.

Anyone familiar with this issue ?

Sometimes you will get both boardpasses but not always. Inside the Schiphol terminal you will see special desks for transit passenger to get that boarding pass if needed.

In most European airports security checks are held at the gate since many passengers are in transit. Another security measure as many passengers are in transit from various places in which maybe the security isnot up to date.

Read recently that passengers flying from Istanbul to Europe and on to U.S. had to stop for boarding passes and go thru security lines again in European airport.

Were taking KLM from Istanbul to Amsterdam & then Continental to U.S.

Anyone familiar with this issue ?

I have not heard of this. Have you heard this is just for arrival in AMS? I am flying from IST-FRA-PHL next week on UA and LH (UA codeshare), and it will be interesting to see if this is a problem. Will try to remember to come back and post my experience when I get back.

It's normal at almost all airports in the world to be security screened if you arrive on an international flight and connect to another flight, even if you do not leave the airside area.

Collecting an onward boarding pass at the connecting point simply depends on whether the originating airport is able to print both boarding passes or not. Sometimes it just doesn't happen; no big deal to stop at a desk and pick one up at the connecting point.

Archived