Carnival's vacation quarentee*wow*

Ladder55

I never knew they had offered this until reading through a brochure I received in the mail.

I must say this has me thinking about booking my first CCl cruise even more.

I like a business that has this much confidence

It's a brand new program that just started in 2009. It saves you quite a bit. We're thinking of booking another one too.

this is not a price guarantee, this is an actual cruise guarantee

if you are not satisfied with your cruise, you can get off at the first port of call and they will pay for your airfare back to the US and refund the amount left on your cruise.

Here is the policy. Bear in mind you have to pay for the flight back from the first non us port to the port of embarkation, Carnival will then reimburse you. Then if you flew to the cruise, you have to deal with airline change fees to fly home early.

The cruise would have to had started off pretty bad to use the guarantee.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/cruise_control/vacation_guarantee.aspx

We're so confident you'll enjoy your Carnival cruise vacation, we guarantee it. Carnival is the only cruise line to offer the Vacation Guarantee*. Simply book your cruise vacation and sail away on a "Fun Ship." If you are not completely satisfied with your cruise vacation experience, all you need to do is notify us before arrival at the first port of call and you must debark at your ship's first non-U.S. port of call. Carnival will refund the unused portion of your cruise fare and pay your flight back.

*VACATION GUARANTEE VALID ONLY IF GUEST ADVISES SHIP’S INFORMATION DESK OF ELECTION TO DEBARK AND RECEIVE PRO-RATA REFUND BEFORE THE SHIP’S ARRIVAL AT THE FIRST NON-U.S. PORT OF CALL. Refund amount will be calculated by multiplying (x) amount of cruise fare paid by guest by (y) number of unused cruise nights, divided by (z) total number of cruise nights of guest’s voyage. Refund will include the amount of an Economy fare airline ticket from port of debarkation to port of embarkation. To receive refund, guest must send copy of purchased airline ticket to the Refunds department. Refund checks will be mailed within 30 days of cruise termination. Guests paying by credit card will have the money refunded to the same card. Carnival will not be responsible for any incidental expenses of guests following debarkation. Other limitations apply. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED AND NOT APPLICABLE ON ALASKA, EUROPE, HAWAII, PANAMA CANAL, SOUTH AMERICA ITINERARIES AND CRUISES-TO-NOWHERE. The number of cruise days before arrival at first non-U.S. port of call varies by itinerary. See any travel agent for more information. Vacation Guarantee applies to cruise departures through and including December 12, 2009. Applies to U.S. and Canadian residents only. Due to a U.S. Government requirement, guests must be in possession of a valid passport to return to the U.S. by air from Canada, Mexico, Central and South America, the Caribbean, The Bahamas and Bermuda.

if you are not satisfied with your cruise, you can get off at the first port of call and they will pay for your airfare back to the US and refund the amount left on your cruise.

True story...

My friend and his wife took a cruise from Jacksonville to the bahamas. They were not happy (wink, wink) and got off in Nassau. Carnival paid for their airline back and reimbursed them the cruise cost difference they had left. The funny part is.... they stayed in Nassau for 5 days at Atlantis before using their free airline ticket home. Apparently they had this planned and used the cruise to "get to the Bahamas" and had a reservation at the hotel already. This was cheaper then the airline ticket, I guess. And they got 2 days on the cruise ship too.

Not the intention of the guarantee; but oh well.

True story...

My friend and his wife took a cruise from Jacksonville to the bahamas. They were not happy (wink, wink) and got off in Nassau. Carnival paid for their airline back and reimbursed them the cruise cost difference they had left. The funny part is.... they stayed in Nassau for 5 days at Atlantis before using their free airline ticket home. Apparently they had this planned and used the cruise to "get to the Bahamas" and had a reservation at the hotel already. This was cheaper then the airline ticket, I guess. And they got 2 days on the cruise ship too.

..... and then there are the whiners who get off and cant get out for a couple of days and are stuck with paying their own hotel for a few days until they can get a flight out. Carnival only pays for the flight, none of the other associated costs.

wish i would have known about this during our last cruise. I would have booted our cruisemates off. They were horrible...... Did not like the motion of the boat and never stopped complaining. They never got sick, but just hated the motion of the boat. whatever..... wish they would have gotten off at first port of call.

True story...

That's called stealing, by the way....people like that who get over on businesses effect the prices we all pay.

Our jails and prisons are full of people rip off the public.

Wonder how many use this to take Inspiration to Grand Cayman to check on their "investments." :D

That has been around a long time...

I have seen people get off ship at ports, always wondered if they were involking the guarantee.

We have a member here who has used it at least 3 times or more.:eek:

Steve

I don't think they should be able to continue to book cruises on Carnival. That just doesn't seem right.

On our Legend cruise last summer, one of our tablemates really did have some legitimate gripes, and couldn't get the pursers desk to respond. A bunch of little things from power issues in the cabin, to non-operating toliet, to horrible dinner wait service, and the list went on...

At dinner I mentioned to them this guarantee, and they went and invoked it. I was shocked that the purser didn't make it right, before starting the process. I stopped the CD Sean, and told her what was going on, and she very graciously went and had resolution for the guest before dinner the second night. The couple ended up staying, and had a great cruise. (Amazing how another room "magically" became available, and how we all had GREAT dinner service the next night, and how there other issues were resolved)

It made me think, if I were in there shoes, I definitely would have cut my losses and gotten off if no reasonable resolution could be found. It would take a lot for me to pull this trigger, but no toliet, and intermitent power could definitely do it.

I never knew they had offered this until reading through a brochure I received in the mail.

I must say this has me thinking about booking my first CCl cruise even more.

I like a business that has this much confidence

I almost had to use this a few years ago. We had a couple of significant issues and they were not working with us at all. As soon as I recited their guarantee and asked to begin the process, I had their attention. The issues were taken care of almost immediately. Sometimes the squeaky wheel does get the grease. This ended up being our best Carnival cruise.

Archived