Need to lose before I cruise... any buddies??

CarissaH330

Please,please be careful we don't want you hurting yourself.

Would it be to nosey of me to ask what med you were on(it's the nurse in me asking).

I stopped taking Statins since my cholesterol level is very low. I spoke about it with my GP and she will keep a close wath on me.

Thanks for your concern.

Hey, everyone!

It is hard work but in 4 weeks I have dropped several inches. Not a lot of Pounds though. I have gone from 197 (size 18) to about 190 (size 14!!!!!).

That is awesome results!!! Keep up the good work and you will keep dropping those pounds. :)

I finally bought a scale. I took a deep breath and stepped on it and ..... voila - I'd lost a few more pounds than I expected. I still have a ways to go but I'm encouraged that at least all my efforts are paying off.

I did allow myself a cheat day today and had a small hamburger and some fries - it had been a LONG time since I have had those and they were worth it!!

I still have over 150 days until I sail so if I keep up this pace I should be at my goal by our sailing.

I wish everyone a happy weekend and sweet success! :D

I just passed on bear claws when he picked up some at the local bakery. Way to go!!! I'm impressed, not sure I could have done that!

Anyway, eating has been going fine but exercising is lacking. I have not been motivated the last 2 days. A two day break is ok. :p

DS and DDIL are coming in for the weekend. We are grilling chicken tonight (weather permitting) so that will go ok. Don't know about the rest of the meals though. I really need to get it together exercise wise. Sometimes I need a short break to start back in with vigor.

Welcome to all the newcomers. Keep posting and we will keep each other motivated.

Enjoy your weekend and time with your son and DIL.

Hi everybody - been gone a couple of days. Just busy with work and hubby home. I am finding my eating is doing just fine with him home (he needs to lose too but is not yet committed). I just passed on bear claws when he picked up some at the local bakery.

Anyway, eating has been going fine but exercising is lacking. I have not been motivated the last 2 days.

DS and DDIL are coming in for the weekend. We are grilling chicken tonight (weather permitting) so that will go ok. Don't know about the rest of the meals though. I really need to get it together exercise wise.

Welcome to all the newcomers. Keep posting and we will keep each other motivated.

Great job on passing up the bear claws.

Hoping your week end with Ds and DDIL is great.

I too need to plan out my meals for up coming week.

I have the exercise part down it's the eating I need to get control of.:mad:

I finally bought a scale. I took a deep breath and stepped on it and ..... voila - I'd lost a few more pounds than I expected. I still have a ways to go but I'm encouraged that at least all my efforts are paying off.

I did allow myself a cheat day today and had a small hamburger and some fries - it had been a LONG time since I have had those and they were worth it!!

I still have over 150 days until I sail so if I keep up this pace I should be at my goal by our sailing.

I wish everyone a happy weekend and sweet success! :D

That's great that you were able to set your scales. Glad it showed better results that's always nice.

I think allowing a cheat every so often helps you not feel like you are being deprived.

I have 201 days till my cruise. And we both will meet our goals.

Hi, I am another one looking to shed pounds before my cruise. This is my second cruise and I want to be at the weight and hopefully lower than my first cruise. I lost 68#'s before my first cruise(and still needed to lose more) I have gained 22of that loss back and would like to lose that 22 plus 15 more. I cruise in Nov. so I feel it is very doable. That is just a little over a pound a week. I have joined a biggest loser program at church and have lost 4#'s in 2 weeks. I am not crazy about this program but having to be accountable each week helps. When this is over I am going back to Weight Watchers, I lost 68# in 9 months last time I joined.

I also just signed up for water aerobics. I hate exercise, have problems with my lower back and hip so exercise is not in my vocabulary but everyone says I'll love water aerobics.

I am 62 yrs. old, mother of 8, grandmother of 9. Work part time as a retail merchandiser for Procter & Gamble, have been there 21 yrs. And I am sorry I waited so long to start cruising. My 1st cruise was 2 yrs. ago.

Wishing everyone good luck with your weight loss journey.

Diane

Hi, I am another one looking to shed pounds before my cruise. This is my second cruise and I want to be at the weight and hopefully lower than my first cruise. I lost 68#'s before my first cruise(and still needed to lose more) I have gained 22of that loss back and would like to lose that 22 plus 15 more. I cruise in Nov. so I feel it is very doable. That is just a little over a pound a week. I have joined a biggest loser program at church and have lost 4#'s in 2 weeks. I am not crazy about this program but having to be accountable each week helps. When this is over I am going back to Weight Watchers, I lost 68# in 9 months last time I joined.

I also just signed up for water aerobics. I hate exercise, have problems with my lower back and hip so exercise is not in my vocabulary but everyone says I'll love water aerobics.

I am 62 yrs. old, mother of 8, grandmother of 9. Work part time as a retail merchandiser for Procter & Gamble, have been there 21 yrs. And I am sorry I waited so long to start cruising. My 1st cruise was 2 yrs. ago.

Wishing everyone good luck with your weight loss journey.

Diane

WELCOME Diane

I love water aerobics it is a low stress exercise and doesn't put as much stress on the muscles. I think you will truly love it and the results are great.

You sound as if you know what worked for you in the past so join your nearest WW and keep coming on here we will all work together to encourage-motivate- and keep each other accountable. We have a pretty good group here. Feel free to share your good so we can give you the praise you deserve and share the bad days so we can listen and help you through it.

You will have the weight off before your cruise and will have the greatest time ever.

WOULD ANYONE BE INTERESTED IN DOING A ANCHORS AWEIGH CONTEST?

Starting April 1st- April 30th

Here is what I have in mind, we would post our weight every Monday and our weight and measurements every other Monday.

We could also post what plan we are using and even offer up menus and recipes.

I would be willing to try and keep track of all losers and post this weekly.

If interested please post your name-weight-measurements -plan and cruise date.

Vickey;):)

WOW! What a busy week!

We had a blizzard come in on Thursday... everything gets so hectic with that.

I stayed the same weight wise this week. Not too bad I guess but I need to get my butt in gear!

We went out last night for my birthday. Wayyyy too many sugary drinks, but it was for my birthday and now it's over! It was a blast and it was totally worth it!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Carissa :)

Vickey - what a wonderful idea. I had been kicking around in my mind some ideas for our group that was some sort of biggest loser thing. This would really do the trick.

Here is what I have in mind, we would post our weight every Monday and our weight and measurements every other Monday.

What measurements should we keep track of. I have not done any measuring to date - just pounds.

PS - DS and DDIL just left. I now have to clean up after 3 muddy dogs. DDIL fixed breakfast and it was delicious - probably ate too much but the sausage was turkey sausage. DS and DS moved the elliptical back into the sun room so I now have TV to watch again. No more excuses!

Here's to everyone!!!

riddle

I will not win since I have to take it slowly, but why not. I will be able to see some progress I hope.

My measurments are coming up... I need to find my measuring tape...

I did not loose a thing this week :(

I did not exercice, but I did eat more wisely.

My hubby will give me a massage in a little while and I will start my exercice plan after.

Today, I will put on my belt to stimulate my abdominal muscles and I might go take a walk tonight if the rain stops.

Here's what I thought would be our Monday report post would look like:

Post this info every Monday

Monday March 30

Starting Weight(SW)....000

Todays Weight (CW).....000

Cruise Weight(CW).....000

Measurements....Post every other Monday

Neck....00 inches

Upper arms....00inches

Chest....00 inches

Waist....00 inches

Hips....00 inches

Thighs...00 inches

Calves...00 inches

EXAMPLE

Food Plan....Smart Fat Loss

Excercise....YMCA

Treadmill...60 minutes 5 days a week (Cardio)

Strength training machines...3 days a week

Swimming....30 minutes

Post only if you want:

Food journal for Monday:

Breakfast:

1 cup oatmeal with 1 tsp flax seed

3 oz. turkey sausage(homemade)

Snack:

2 boiled egg whites

raw veggies(baby carrots,celery,cucumbers)

Lunch:

3 oz deli turkey wrapped in lettuce with finely diced veggies or salsa

1/2 cup sliced strawberries and 1 small banana

1 cup homemade veggie only soup (recipe below)

Snack:

1 cheese stick

raw veggies

Dinner:

3 oz chicken breast (baked)

1/2 medium sweet potato (spray butter)

green beans

Snack:

10 frozen grapes

1 carmel rice cake

Recipe for Veggie Only Soup

V-8 juice (large can)low sodium

low sodium beef broth (1-2 cans)

1 can cut green beans

1 large can of seasoned dices tomatoes(low sodium)

1 large onion

1 large head cabbage

1 head caulifour

1 bunch brocolli

1 small bag of baby carrots or 5 large ones

1 whole celery stalk

Boil till veggies are cooked

** makes a huge pot but you can 1/2 the recipe.

**This soup freezes well

**you can also add any non starchy veggie you like such as zuchinni,spinach,kale(this is good it will make it a little spicey)etc.

**you can add meat afterwards by having it cooked and then add to your bowl in measured amounts such as 1/2 cup cooked ground beef

Hints:******don't forget to drink lots of water

Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.

My goal is to keep us all encourage-motivated and to be able to help each other from "thick to thin" &"unhealthy to healthy"

:) :) :) :) :)

I will not win since I have to take it slowly, but why not. I will be able to see some progress I hope.

My measurments are coming up... I need to find my measuring tape...

I did not loose a thing this week :(

I did not exercice, but I did eat more wisely.

My hubby will give me a massage in a little while and I will start my exercice plan after.

Today, I will put on my belt to stimulate my abdominal muscles and I might go take a walk tonight if the rain stops.

It really isn't about winning as it is about stay motivated.

Not everyone has the same to lose or will lose in lbs it might be in inches. It also could be that you have commited to a healthy lifestyle and the exercise is what you need to be encouraged to do. What ever everyones needs are we are here to support it.

Sometimes just posting and reading others loose helps to motivate me to do more(maybe it is the middle child syndrome).

Just reading that you are exercising helps me to know I can do it if you can with the problems you have.

Your massage sounds wonderful wish I could get my DH to give me one ...tried it once but it didn't quite turn out the way I thought it would ...we found ourselves exercising together:o

Here's hoping you have a wonderful relaxing massage.;)

Count me in. We could also talk about our cloths and how we fit in them in the beginning and at the end.

That's a great idea:)

Also before -during and after) pictures would be nice. Trying on a pair of tight fitting pants(take picture) and then trying them on again when they fit (another picture) would be a great testimony.

Vickey - what a wonderful idea. I had been kicking around in my mind some ideas for our group that was some sort of biggest loser thing. This would really do the trick.

What measurements should we keep track of. I have not done any measuring to date - just pounds.

PS - DS and DDIL just left. I now have to clean up after 3 muddy dogs. DDIL fixed breakfast and it was delicious - probably ate too much but the sausage was turkey sausage. DS and DS moved the elliptical back into the sun room so I now have TV to watch again. No more excuses!

Here's to everyone!!!

riddle

Watching TV will make the treadmill time go faster.

I know you enjoyed having DS,DDIL and D grand dogs visit.:)

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

The Anchors Aweigh sounds fun if I can remember to post!LOL I am always looking for recipies.

Does anyone know about "Green Tea"? Someone told me it helps weight loss but didn't know how much to drink or exactly what it does to help your weight loss.

WOW! What a busy week!

We had a blizzard come in on Thursday... everything gets so hectic with that.

I stayed the same weight wise this week. Not too bad I guess but I need to get my butt in gear!

We went out last night for my birthday. Wayyyy too many sugary drinks, but it was for my birthday and now it's over! It was a blast and it was totally worth it!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Carissa :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARISSA

Glad you had a great time.

They are saying we might get a little snow also:eek:

I hate snow I want nice sunny warm weather.

Posting our weight and such sounds good. (Well, actually a bit scary but I'm in!) I have to find a tape measure - I've not been tracking how many inches I'm losing but the idea of talking about how our clothes are fitting is a nice option.

Ultimately, my goal is to be healthier and to make getting up and moving more a way of life. The weight loss is a very nice side affect. :p

i havent been around much but still at the weight loss thing. me and the wife are doing good. been at it for 3 months so far and still have 3 months till our cruise and out contest at work is over. still working hard. trying to eat out only twice a month. heres our progress

jon 306-255

nikki 250-218

keep up the good work

Your massage sounds wonderful wish I could get my DH to give me one ...tried it once but it didn't quite turn out the way I thought it would ...we found ourselves exercising together:o

Here's hoping you have a wonderful relaxing massage.;)

The massages I get are definitly not relaxing. Hubby works with his elbows to get rid of nasty tensions in my body. After that, you can forget about exercicing together :p:D

MAR 30TH-DIANE

STARTING WT. 204.2 on March 11th.

CURRENT WT. 200.2

GOAL WT: 165 to 170 by my Nov. cruise

DID NOT MEASURE

Program Using: I'm not really using an established program at this time. I am counting calories, staying between 1000 & 1200 a day, drinking 50 to 60 oz. of water a day. I am in a Biggest Loser program at church for the next 4 wks. When that ends I am going back to WW.

EXERCISE: I don't exercise due to lower back and hip problem but I am starting water aerobics 2x a week starting April 7th. I will continue those thru May then my friends apartment pool should be open and will probably do water aerobics 4 to 5x a week at her pool.

OK - I'll go first-

Here's what I thought would be our Monday report post would look like:

Post this info every Monday

Monday March 30

Starting Weight(SW)....231

Todays Weight (CW).....223

Cruise Weight(CW).....180

Measurements....Post every other Monday

Neck... 15.5 inches

Upper arms....14 inches

Chest....42.5 inches

Waist....41 inches

Hips...47 inches

Thighs...27 inches

Calves...16.5 inches

EXAMPLE

Food Plan....Diabetic Diet - about 1200 calories per day

Exercise....Illiptical at home, dog walking, water aerobics and swimming as soon as can open pool (hopefully May as it is heated)

Post only if you want:

Food journal for Monday:

Breakfast:

1 Cup Whole Wheat Chex

Small amount of skim milk & 1/4 c strawberries

Snack:

lite yogurt with 1/8 c blueberries

Lunch:

salad with chicken, grapes, strawberries, croutons, sunflower seeds, small amount of low fat dressing

Radishes

Snack:

1 slice lo fat cheese

1 cup cantaloupe cubes

Also had 1 snack bag low fat popcorn-burnt (not on purpose)

Lots of water, some coffee, 1 diet coke

Dinner:

TBD

Great ideas Vickey!

Marsha

HELLO LOSERS

Todays date: Monday March 30th

Here is who has decided so far to join us in the Anchors Aweigh

brnsnbrws

SW......204.2 lbs

TW......200.2 lbs

CW......165-170 lbs

no measurements as of yet

W.W. plan and water aerobics

riddle

SW.......231lbs

TW........223lbs

CW........180lbs

measurements:

Neck....15.5 inches

Upper Arms...14 inches

Chest....42.5 inches

Waist.....41 inches

Hips....47 inches

Thighs...27 inches

Calves....16.5 inches

Diabetic plan (1200 calories)and Illiptical at home,lots of dog walking and water aerobics(soon)

quadracer12

Jon

SW....306 lbs

TW....255 lbs

Nikki

SW....250 lbs

TW....218 lbs

vdarrell

SW......236 lbs

TW......228lbs

CW....170 lbs

measurements:

Neck...

Upper arms.....14.5 inches

Chest....45 inches

Waist.....41 inches

Hips.....50.5 inches

Thighs...26.5 inches

Calves....15.5 inches

Smart Fat Loss Plan and "Y" workout 5 X weekly.....Cardio 60-90 minutes on treadmill and 3X weekly strength training.

Will add others as they post:)

SW....starting weight

TW...todays weight

CW...cruise weight

MAR 30TH-DIANE

STARTING WT. 204.2 on March 11th.

CURRENT WT. 200.2

GOAL WT: 165 to 170 by my Nov. cruise

DID NOT MEASURE

Program Using: I'm not really using an established program at this time. I am counting calories, staying between 1000 & 1200 a day, drinking 50 to 60 oz. of water a day. I am in a Biggest Loser program at church for the next 4 wks. When that ends I am going back to WW.

EXERCISE: I don't exercise due to lower back and hip problem but I am starting water aerobics 2x a week starting April 7th. I will continue those thru May then my friends apartment pool should be open and will probably do water aerobics 4 to 5x a week at her pool.

4 lbs lost so far....that a good start you will reach your cruise goal.

Doing a Biggest Loser plan sounds like fun. WW has helped so many I know it is a healthy plan.

Starting water aerobics on my birthday:Dyou can't go wrong/

Posting our weight and such sounds good. (Well, actually a bit scary but I'm in!) I have to find a tape measure - I've not been tracking how many inches I'm losing but the idea of talking about how our clothes are fitting is a nice option.

Ultimately, my goal is to be healthier and to make getting up and moving more a way of life. The weight loss is a very nice side affect. :p

Don't be scared. How are your clothes fitting?;)

i havent been around much but still at the weight loss thing. me and the wife are doing good. been at it for 3 months so far and still have 3 months till our cruise and out contest at work is over. still working hard. trying to eat out only twice a month. heres our progress

jon 306-255

nikki 250-218

keep up the good work

What can I say but WOW

Jon....51 lbs lost

Nikki....32 lbs lost

You two are going to be true inspirations for all of us.

Do you know how many inches or clothing sizes you have gone down?

Marsha.....your menu for today looked delicious and very healthy.

Archived