Need to lose before I cruise... any buddies??

CarissaH330

My goal this weekend is to buy a scale so I can really know my progress (or determine if any cheating is backfiring on my weight loss goal!) I know I've lost weight just by how my clothes fit but I really want to track my progress and not guess.

As for that progress....uhh.. .let's just say that Cinnabon was my friend on Thursday. I was traveling on business and I was drawn to the sweet, delicious smell of those rolls in the airport!! They were out of the mini cinnabons so I bought a large one. :eek: (And it was delicious!)

So... with that little blip in the road, I decided to get back on the treadmill last night... after sitting around until almost 8pm in my sweats and running shoes - trying to find a good enough excuse to pass on the effort.. but I did run for over an hour and felt better.

Today is a new day and I will be happy if I move a little more, eat a little less and just enjoy the weekend!

Sending my best to all those on this same journey! :)

Well I am happy to say I was down 2 pounds today so that is a total of 9 so far. My first goal is to hit 200 pounds (started at 231). I feel really good about my eating habits. I have not been doing a strict exercise regiment because I have been combining household work (yard mostly) with other exercise. I just hope it keeps working.

Has anyone had problems with dry mouth while dieting? I seem to drink tons of water and still be very thirsty.

Hey all... sorry I haven't checked in i the last couple days. The new medicine I'm on has been making me very very dizzy. That makes sitting in front of the computer screen a challenge.

Hope everyone is doing well. I'm actually very excited about my progress so far. Only 40 pounds to go for my next cruise goal. Should be doable by September. My little weight tracker says I'm on pace!

Hope you all have a great weekend! It's beautiful here. I haven't had a chance to take the dog for any walks yet. The coughing and chest burning part of this URI doesn't want to go away! Hoping to feel 100% soon so I can get out there in this beautiful weather. We all know a blizzard can be just around the corner... even in April!

Have a great Sunday!

Carissa :)

Well, I'm down only 1 pound but my clothes are DEFINITELY fitting looser! I wore some pants yesterday that I could barely fit into before. So as long as I see some progress one way or another I'm happy. I have just over 4 weeks to go til my cruise, so I intend to keep plugging away at the weight loss.

Keep up the good work and motivation, everyone!

:( :( This past week was a bad one. I did not loose anything and was in to much pain to do a lot of exercice. My massage therapist is my husband, we had a disagreement and he did not give me the massage I was hoping to have :(

On the other hand, I started a new carreer as a cruise consultant and I now have a lot of studying to do since I have to learn the methods used by the agency I work for. I stopped the medication that is causing me to have so much muscle pain and my husband totally understands the reasons and agrees with them.

The medicine I stopped is one to control my cholesterol. My cardio wants me to take it because one part of one of my artery is too thin. On the other hand, my cholesterol level is really good and making my mother jealous :) My husband and I have decided to make some little changes in the food we take and see a nutritionnist to help us know what food will help us control our cholesterol level. He too has one to make people jealous :) He is near 200 pounds and needs to loose at least 40 pounds to obtain a healthy weight and 60 to obtain an ideal one, but is not really into it just yet.

He is helping me by accepting to make the changes in the food we take and my dauther appreciates it too, she has some weight to loose too. It is a family affair :)

This week I hope to take control of my body and go back on the treadmill. Now that I have stopped the medecine, I should be able to do it. It is one thing to take a medicine that will control my cholesterol, but it was causing me so much pain, I had a hard time washing my feet or walking. I had no quality of life and could not do exercice. Am I suppose to stop living and moving so I can take a medicine that may help me live longer?????

Missou: Wow, I really feel for you. It is terrible when a thing that is supposed to help you hurts you in other ways. I know with my arthritis I am supposed to move more but the more I move the more it hurts. It is such a vicious cycle. I applaud you for your good attitude and hope this week is truly a turn around for you.

I had a meeting offsite today so I am home for lunch. That is a nice change. Then back to work for another meeting then my week gets hectic.

One good thing - my husband is supposed to return tomorrow from a loooong business trip - we are taking Wednesday off together since I have not seen him in some time.

The sun is out and spring is here - here's to all of us!!

Vicki - where are you?

Well, I'm down only 1 pound but my clothes are DEFINITELY fitting looser! I wore some pants yesterday that I could barely fit into before. So as long as I see some progress one way or another I'm happy. I have just over 4 weeks to go til my cruise, so I intend to keep plugging away at the weight loss.

Keep up the good work and motivation, everyone!

Progress is progress. Pounds or inches ....I think I'd rather lose inches.

Isn't it a great feeling to be able to fit into clothing that we couldn't.:)

Keep up the good job.

4 weeks...I'm so jealous.

This past week was a bad one. I did not loose anything and was in to much pain to do a lot of exercice. My massage therapist is my husband, we had a disagreement and he did not give me the massage I was hoping to have

On the other hand, I started a new carreer as a cruise consultant and I now have a lot of studying to do since I have to learn the methods used by the agency I work for. I stopped the medication that is causing me to have so much muscle pain and my husband totally understands the reasons and agrees with them.

The medicine I stopped is one to control my cholesterol. My cardio wants me to take it because one part of one of my artery is too thin. On the other hand, my cholesterol level is really good and making my mother jealous. My husband and I have decided to make some little changes in the food we take and see a nutritionnist to help us know what food will help us control our cholesterol level. He too has one to make people jealous. He is near 200 pounds and needs to loose at least 40 pounds to obtain a healthy weight and 60 to obtain an ideal one, but is not really into it just yet.

He is helping me by accepting to make the changes in the food we take and my dauther appreciates it too, she has some weight to loose too. It is a family affair.

This week I hope to take control of my body and go back on the treadmill. Now that I have stopped the medecine, I should be able to do it. It is one thing to take a medicine that will control my cholesterol, but it was causing me so much pain, I had a hard time washing my feet or walking. I had no quality of life and could not do exercice. Am I suppose to stop living and moving so I can take a medicine that may help me live longer?????

Sorry you are having so much pain, and going through such turmoil. I hope you finely got your massage from your hubby:) Have you tried getting a second opinion from another doctor about the medicine.

Glad to see the family working all together to get healthy.

Missou: Wow, I really feel for you. It is terrible when a thing that is supposed to help you hurts you in other ways. I know with my arthritis I am supposed to move more but the more I move the more it hurts. It is such a vicious cycle. I applaud you for your good attitude and hope this week is truly a turn around for you.

I had a meeting offsite today so I am home for lunch. That is a nice change. Then back to work for another meeting then my week gets hectic.

One good thing - my husband is supposed to return tomorrow from a loooong business trip - we are taking Wednesday off together since I have not seen him in some time.

The sun is out and spring is here - here's to all of us!!

Vicki - where are you?

I'm here:D My sons birthday was Saturday and we spent the week end with him.

I'm glad to hear your husband will be home and that you two will have some special time together.;)

How's your breathing ? Did you find a way to relax?

I love our weather today.:)

Hi everyone:)

I went to the Y again this morning and did my cardio and strength training.:cool:

I weighed in 3 lbs lost so that makes a total of 9 lbs since 2-1-09. My goal has been to try and lose 10 lbs a month for the next 7 months before we cruise.

I haven't measured myself as of yet, but that is something I am going to do tonight just to see if the inches go down.

Guess what...... I cleared up the extra bedroom and now can see the treadmill so I am going to dust it off plug it it and start doing it in the evenings after dinner. That away I can get in cardio twice daily once in the morning at the Y and once at home.

I want to send a BIG Thank you to all of you for letting me come on here and get the encouragement and motivation I need to lose the weight.

May I join in?.....

I still have a year before my cruise but I'm looking to drop 40-50lbs. by then. I'm trying to do it simply by eating healthier and working out at least 3X a week. I did this prior to my last cruise and was able to drop close to 20lbs prior to sailing...the bad part, I didn't keep up my habits once I returned. :(

It's great to see everyone so supportive and ambitious!

May I join in?.....

Sure - the more the merrier and the better we all do:o

I still have a year before my cruise but I'm looking to drop 40-50lbs. by then. I'm trying to do it simply by eating healthier and working out at least 3X a week. I did this prior to my last cruise and was able to drop close to 20lbs prior to sailing...the bad part, I didn't keep up my habits once I returned. :(

I am also doing healthy eating. I am diabetic so I need to do that anyway.

Vicki - sounds like you had a good weekend. If you are dusting off the treadmill for home too you are really motivated! THAT IS WONDERFUL!

I just finished the elliptical. I had not been on it for a few days because I used the excuse of doing yard work and killing 2 birds with 1 stone. Still walking the dog(s). We are babysitting my daughter's dog this week and next because she is very busy at school. Until my husband gets home I take them on separate walks because her dog is not very cooperative. The one not going looks at me like I am the cruelest person alive. They do not understand taking turns.

Time to fix a healthy dinner. I grilled more chicken over the weekend so that goes in the salad.

May I join in?.....

Welcome we always glad to have a newbie join us. We are here for as much support as yo need and look forward to you encouraging us on.

Vicki - sounds like you had a good weekend. If you are dusting off the treadmill for home too you are really motivated! THAT IS WONDERFUL!

I just finished the elliptical. I had not been on it for a few days because I used the excuse of doing yard work and killing 2 birds with 1 stone. Still walking the dog(s). We are babysitting my daughter's dog this week and next because she is very busy at school. Until my husband gets home I take them on separate walks because her dog is not very cooperative. The one not going looks at me like I am the cruelest person alive. They do not understand taking turns.

Time to fix a healthy dinner. I grilled more chicken over the weekend so that goes in the salad.

Week end was nice. I have the treadmill dusted and hope to be able to use it tonight. I am motivated more in the exercising part than the eating part of this lifestyle change I need to focuse more on healthy eating and not returning to my old habits of eating just whatever is easy, I did good until late last night than I splurged on bad-bad food.

Grandma is babysitting the granddog....how sweet I bet the granddog is getting spoiled.

Well gotta run I have a heavy patient load today.

Here's hoping everyone has a great day with healthy eating and lots and lots of exercising....Stay encouraged and motivated.

We are all one step(rather it be lbs. or inches)closer to a healthier body.

Vickey:D:);)

Welcome Exp 920, Hope to shed some pounds with you!!!

Vickey, nice going on the exercices, you must feel so good!!!

Nice going Linkerbink, I went to the store with my daughter today to buy a new, smaller temperary wardrobe for her. I bet you are as proud of yourself as she was!!!

Riddle, I hope you have a nice time with your husband coeur05.gif

Today, I saw my GP and she has no problem if my stopping the medicine. She will make me pass regular blood tests to check my cholesterol to make sure everything stays very nice. She agrees with me that taking the medicine is not good for my heart if it unables me to move and to do some regular exercice. I am so glad to have gone to that clinic last summer.

Me and my hubby have agreeded that we need to work on some things that are hurting us and our relationship. They are not unsurmentable obstacles, they are annoying bad habits that we must clear out in order to move forward coeur04.gif

Sounds like everyone is keeping the good attitude. Just finished watching the cruise special (NCL Pearl) on MSNBC. Anyone see it? Makes me want to be leaving right away.

My husband and I went out to dinner. It was ok - I had baked chicken breast, salad, plain baked potato and a roll. I decided that I would much rather eat at home if I just have to eat "healthy" food out. That sounds selfish but I know what I make that tastes good at home and eating out should be fun and a splurge. Anyway, it is good that he is home.

We are taking the day off work together tomorrow. Probably more eating obstacles but I will keep trying. Everyone keep up the good work!

Riddle

Hey, everyone!

I am 38 yo and a mother of two. I started Tae Kwon Do with my kids back in January.

In February, my husband won\earned an all expense paid cruise on RC. I started working out with the Tae Kwon Do instructor and his wife four days a week and doing TKD three nights a week. WHEW!!!

It is hard work but in 4 weeks I have dropped several inches. Not a lot of Pounds though. I have gone from 197 (size 18) to about 190 (size 14!!!!!). I am very encouraged. I have purchased a 2 piece swim suit and even I think it looks okay if not actually good! and I am a TOUGH critic on myself.

We have 24 days until we sail and I would like to lose another 5-10 pounds if I can. (yeah, right, i know) but it would be nice.

I have never had the dedication to work this hard before. I feel as if something has clicked inside my head and I am more determined than I have ever been in my life. I feel good when I am working out even though it is hard.

Oh, yeah, as if working out 2 times a day isn't enough, my girlfriends in the neighborhood decided they wanted to walk in the evenings so most days we go for a two mile walk after all the kids are in bed! And they wonder why I can breath going up the hills! If I can't lose weight working out as much as I do then I am going to throw myself in front of a bus!!!!

:p:rolleyes:

I am very excited as we never even had a honeymoon and after almost 20 years of marriage we are finally getting to go away together. If one of us doesn't kill the other it will be great!

Hey bthighlander, congradulations!!!! You lost 4 inches in 4 weeks!!! That is very good!!! What you did is build up your muscle mass at the same time you were loosing weight. You must not be discouraged because you only lost 7 pounds since the muscle mass you gained is heavier than the fat you lost. You will soon see a difference, I am sure of that. Keep up the good work danse004.gif

Thank you so much for the encouragement! It is very nice to see that I am not the only one trying to lose weight before my cruise. It is such a special occasion for us and I am SO excited. I feel like a princess!

Do you ladies have any advice on cruise wear? I have bought just a few things. We are to have dinner every night with his fellow employee winners. Even the CEO of Philips Healthcare will be there, all the way from Holland. Hoitsee-toitsee...:eek:.

We are a couple of country folk but we clean up well! We bought DH his first suit ever for this function. (Man does he look good by the way, all James Bond-ish. rrrrrrrrhhhh;).)

Thanks for any advice you experience cruisers may have!!

B.

Tell us about your cruise. Where will you be sailing, where will you stop, how long are you going to be sailing. You will need one or two nice cocktail dresses. They don't need to be expensive and maybe you can find something really nice and not too expensive on one of your stops. A bathing suit is a must on a cruise in the Caribbean, but you should wait until your cruise is right around the corner before purchasing it... You did loose 4 inches in 4 weeks and I am sure this is not the end.

Sounds like everyone is keeping the good attitude. Just finished watching the cruise special (NCL Pearl) on MSNBC. Anyone see it? Makes me want to be leaving right away.

My husband and I went out to dinner. It was ok - I had baked chicken breast, salad, plain baked potato and a roll. I decided that I would much rather eat at home if I just have to eat "healthy" food out. That sounds selfish but I know what I make that tastes good at home and eating out should be fun and a splurge. Anyway, it is good that he is home.

We are taking the day off work together tomorrow. Probably more eating obstacles but I will keep trying. Everyone keep up the good work!

Riddle

You made such good choices for going out to eat but I agree with you

I can make better healthy food at home going out to dinner is usually a treat.

I hope you both had a nice day off together.

I hope everyone had a nice day. The pain is subsiding and it feels so good :) I'll be ready to go back on the treadmill in a few days danse004.gif

Take care ete2015.gif

So glad to hear the pain is subsiding. But don't over do on the treadmill take it slow to begin with.

Hey, everyone!

I am 38 yo and a mother of two. I started Tae Kwon Do with my kids back in January.

In February, my husband won\earned an all expense paid cruise on RC. I started working out with the Tae Kwon Do instructor and his wife four days a week and doing TKD three nights a week. WHEW!!!

It is hard work but in 4 weeks I have dropped several inches. Not a lot of Pounds though. I have gone from 197 (size 18) to about 190 (size 14!!!!!). I am very encouraged. I have purchased a 2 piece swim suit and even I think it looks okay if not actually good! and I am a TOUGH critic on myself.

We have 24 days until we sail and I would like to lose another 5-10 pounds if I can. (yeah, right, i know) but it would be nice.

I have never had the dedication to work this hard before. I feel as if something has clicked inside my head and I am more determined than I have ever been in my life. I feel good when I am working out even though it is hard.

Oh, yeah, as if working out 2 times a day isn't enough, my girlfriends in the neighborhood decided they wanted to walk in the evenings so most days we go for a two mile walk after all the kids are in bed! And they wonder why I can breath going up the hills! If I can't lose weight working out as much as I do then I am going to throw myself in front of a bus!!!!

:p:rolleyes:

I am very excited as we never even had a honeymoon and after almost 20 years of marriage we are finally getting to go away together. If one of us doesn't kill the other it will be great!

Welcome aboard.

It is great that you found a way to get healthy and lose inches along the way. I can't wait till the weather gets warm here so we can go walking it does get addicting after you start it, think of all the things you will be able to do on your cruise that you wouldn't have been able to do if you hadn't exercised.

Keep up the great job and enjoy your cruise and have a wonderful time on your honeymoon.

I have no doubts that you will reach your goal.

And don't forget to post a cruise review after.

We will be going to the Eastern Caribbean(?). San Juan, St. Maarten and St. Thomas.

I have only bought a few things, had some cute stuff already (that I can fit into again!!)

I have shorts and tops for the day, capris or slacks with fancier shirts for dinner. I purchased a black halter dress (very nice) for $18 at Ross (LOVE IT!) DH says he likes it very much...

I have read here on Cruise Critic that many folks disobey the dress codes. I don't want to be one of those. We will have two formal evenings (are they that formal?) I have a nice cotten dress that looks pretty dressy with the right accessories and I have some nice black pedal pushers with a black sequined top. I thought I would pair it with some strappy black heels for one formal evening or do I need to purchase another formal dress?

I have only spent about $60 on clothes for me, so one more dress wouldn't be too bad. I just want to make sure I follow the rules!

Thanks for any advice!!

177543.png

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter

countdown.pl?name=bthighlander&date=4-19-2009&image=Beach-2&text=1st Time Cruiser!!&ship=Freedom of the Seas

You are definetly on the right track bthighlander. For your second formal dinner, you can wait and see what you could get on the islands, there are a lot of nice shops where you could find a beautiful little dress that would easely fit your budget. By the way, I am really jealous right now... :)

Why are you jealous?!:p You tiny little, less than 165 lb. thang you! I bet you are cute as a button! 160's would be heaven!!

and France??!! WoW!! I would LOVe to go there! I will be sure to check out your post cruise post! I wanna know all about it!

I am just so excited because we have never gotten to do anything this nice before! I can't wait!! YEAH!

countdown.pl?name=bthighlander&date=4-19-2009&image=Beach-2&text=1st Time Cruiser!!&ship=Freedom of the Seas

You are cruising in 23 days and I am not suppose to be jealous!!!! Come on, I'm sure you would be if the roles were reversed lollol332.gif

Seriously, I am going in France for a friend's weeding, I won't be cruising. I am planning a cruise for december to celabrate our 20th weeding anniversary and our 25th anniversary as a couple. That will be a very nice trip.

As for my weight, I know I am not a fat person, but I have a long medical history and because of a medicine I was taking for a year and a half that was causing me to have a lot of muscle pain, I lost a lot of stenght and need to start my workout very carefully to make sure I don't hurt myself. That is so frustrating divers2230.gif

We will be going to the Eastern Caribbean(?). San Juan, St. Maarten and St. Thomas.

I have only bought a few things, had some cute stuff already (that I can fit into again!!)

I have shorts and tops for the day, capris or slacks with fancier shirts for dinner. I purchased a black halter dress (very nice) for $18 at Ross (LOVE IT!) DH says he likes it very much...

I have read here on Cruise Critic that many folks disobey the dress codes. I don't want to be one of those. We will have two formal evenings (are they that formal?) I have a nice cotten dress that looks pretty dressy with the right accessories and I have some nice black pedal pushers with a black sequined top. I thought I would pair it with some strappy black heels for one formal evening or do I need to purchase another formal dress?

I have only spent about $60 on clothes for me, so one more dress wouldn't be too bad. I just want to make sure I follow the rules!

Thanks for any advice!!

Sounds as if you have everything under control and I think what you have planned will be great. I plan on wearing black dress pants and a nice dressy top unless I lose alot more weight as I don't feel comfortable enough to wear a dress. I bet your halter dress looks great main thing is your DH likes it.(very much)

You will have to post pics of you in your finery for us when you get back.

Most important thing I have learned and read on here is to wear what makes you happy,and that not everyone dresses to the nines.

177543.png

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter

countdown.pl?name=bthighlander&date=4-19-2009&image=Beach-2&text=1st%20Time%20Cruiser%21%21&ship=Freedom%20of%20the%20Seas

You are cruising in 23 days and I am not suppose to be jealous!!!! Come on, I'm sure you would be if the roles were reversed lollol332.gif

Seriously, I am going in France for a friend's weeding, I won't be cruising. I am planning a cruise for december to celabrate our 20th weeding anniversary and our 25th anniversary as a couple. That will be a very nice trip.

As for my weight, I know I am not a fat person, but I have a long medical history and because of a medicine I was taking for a year and a half that was causing me to have a lot of muscle pain, I lost a lot of stenght and need to start my workout very carefully to make sure I don't hurt myself. That is so frustrating divers2230.gif

Please,please be careful we don't want you hurting yourself.

Would it be to nosey of me to ask what med you were on(it's the nurse in me asking).

France ...I'm so jealous.

But I get to cruise before you:p( October for me):D

Hi everybody - been gone a couple of days. Just busy with work and hubby home. I am finding my eating is doing just fine with him home (he needs to lose too but is not yet committed). I just passed on bear claws when he picked up some at the local bakery.

Anyway, eating has been going fine but exercising is lacking. I have not been motivated the last 2 days.

DS and DDIL are coming in for the weekend. We are grilling chicken tonight (weather permitting) so that will go ok. Don't know about the rest of the meals though. I really need to get it together exercise wise.

Welcome to all the newcomers. Keep posting and we will keep each other motivated.

Archived