Need to lose before I cruise... any buddies??

CarissaH330

Hello. I am looking to join a weight loss support group. DH and I started dieting 5 days ago. He has about twice the weight to lose (110 to my 60)but men lose so much more quickly he will probably reach his goal first :mad:.

Agreed on the men thing...when my husband used to drink regular soda instead of diet he just had to stop drinking it and I think he lost 5 lbs a week. Totally unfair!

I will be 43 in couple of weeks. Two sons 20 and 18. We are self employed (EMS) and I work 16 - 18 hour days, lots of stress and sleep deprivation. Working out is difficult and I lack motivation for finding time. The diet we started is do-able.

I sure do sympathize with the stressful job.

We cruise in less than 2 weeks. I have a short term weight loss goal for this cruise. Of course we will cheat during and return after. Next cruise is not until July.

Looks like you have a lot of great cruises planned. Just try to focus on that.

Looking forward to motivating with you.

Shari

Welcome to the Group! Happy St. Patrick's Day All - not too much green beer now!

I'm late in my weigh-in...sorry to say, no progress this week. Didn't help that I had a long day on Sunday with church meetings which included breakfast and lunch! Then a family funeral yesterday, with the usual comfort eating afterward. I know, no excuses....

I signed up with the FitDay program that Vicky (vdarrell) mentioned...how great is that site! I already made 4 up days worth of menus. I ate the first day's menu today, and it seemed like a lot of food but the calorie, fat & carb numbers were all in line with the nutritional requirements for my profile. I also spent some time on my treadmill today...I must admit that it felt good. Then I walked to the market to get the fruits & veggies I need for my menus. It was a beautiful day so I had no excuse not to go. I'm hoping to show some real results next Monday!

Susan

My day started with breakfast at McDonalds... need I say more?

Nop...

I had an absolutely horrible day at work.

Hope you feel better soon.

I signed up with the FitDay program that Vicky (vdarrell) mentioned...

I really like it. It is a great tool.

I signed up with the FitDay program that Vicky (vdarrell) mentioned...how great is that site!

Susan

Susan: So sorry for your family loss - I can understand emotional eating.

I need to check out the fitday site - a lot of people have mentioned this. Maybe it will give me some great pointers and tools.

Even though I wasn't feeling too motivated (what's up with that this week?) I got on the treadmill and just walked. (Usually I run at least 45 min.) I was going to stop at 1/2 hour but kept going until an hour. Dinner was fruit and cottage cheese. (I won't mention the snackwells that I had after work. :p)

Wishing all a beautiful evening!

Brenda

Congrats...you both are doing so good. What changes did you both make to lose your weight? I have no doubts you will win the contest. :)

thank you. we are just watching what we eat. we both work 2nd shift so we cut out eating after work. i use to go out with coworkers and eat pizza or hotwings and beer after work. ive cut that out. we both go to the gym 5 days a week. with both cardio and weight trainging

Good morning everyone, hope you all have a good day!!

thank you. we are just watching what we eat. we both work 2nd shift so we cut out eating after work. i use to go out with coworkers and eat pizza or hotwings and beer after work. ive cut that out. we both go to the gym 5 days a week. with both cardio and weight trainging

That is a great plan. Keep it up!!

This weekend I will go for a therapedic massage. My back is really bothering me when I go on the treadmill so I really don't feel like using it, it is a long medical history.

I am really carefull about what kind of food I take, I do not count calories or some other thing like that. I am just really carefull and still loosing weight. When I will start walking uphill on the treadmill I am sure I will see a big difference. :D:D:D

Have a nice day and don't give into temptation ;):p:cool:

Good Afternoon Losers:D

Marsha.....are you enjoying the beautiful Cincy weather we are loving it here in Middletown...wish I had time today to start my gardening cleanup.

Shari....WELCOME you have decided to join the greatest bunch of losers I have ever met.:p

Susan.....Sorry to hear about your loss. Glad you are enjoying fitday it has really helped me in the past. Next Monday will be a better weigh in for you.

Dominique...A therapedic massage sounds blissful, especially after my Y workout today. I do hope it helps with your back problem.

Brenda...1 hour on the treadmill...great job. Snackwells:eek: now that is another story.

Jon&Nikki.....giving up pizza,hotwings and beer (sounds as if you are related to my DH) sure is doing the trick for you both and doing 5 days of workout.We too have commited to doing cardio and workout on M_W_F and just cardio on T_TH.

Good afternoon to all...Finally out of work. It seemed like people were dropping like flies today - everyone but me (just kidding) used a 1/2 day of vacation to go take advantage of the beautiful afternoon before the weather changes tomorrow. Oh well, I will have my time in the sun. Just wanted to check in before heading out to do yard work. Today I hope to trim down the ornamental grasses. That is such a job and I will end up with cut up arms.

We had a birthday at work today so there were muffins, cookies and lemon squares. Someone else brought in St Patty's day cookies from a local bakery (delicious) and someone else dropped off a dozen donuts as a thank you to a co worker. Yeah!!!!! I passed it all up for my tuna sandwich, celery sticks and grapes. I just hope I can keep it up.

As with everyone on this thread we have probably been through this too many times to count. I work with a lady (the birthday girl) who has lost about 80 pounds and kept it off. She looks fabulous. She works out almost every day and keeps to a great food plan. We can all do it - I know we can.

Talk to everyone later.

Marsha

Marsha....passing up the temptations AWESOME.:) BTW I spoke to soon we are now getting rain and it's very windy out.:mad:

My day has gone good..again it started out with going to the Y and doing my strength training and 70 minutes on the treadmill.

I had my Kashi oatmeal and 2 boiled egg whites for breakfast and lunch was a small bowl of soup beans and yes I did have a small square of cornbread and for dinner I ate a lean cruisine dinner and a grapefruit.

I tried a plan a couple years ago and lost weight fairly well on it so I think I'm going to give it a try again it is the Smart Fat Loss Plan.

I am going to pull all my info out and go over this week and on the week end I plan on cooking my meals ahead of time and keep them in the fridge for the week..doing this it made the choices so much easier than coming home every night and trying to decide what to have.

I need structure in my daily schedule.

Vicki - I agree about the structure. I definitely need it. That is why restaurants are not good for me. I hate to spend the money to eat a meal out and eat the same stuff I fix at home. So I just end up eating something else that is not good for me.

I was the rice diet a couple of years ago before a cruise. I really lost well and quickly. I was so motivated. Then I went on the cruise and could not get back on it when I returned.

I got all the ornamental grasses cut and bagged. Yes, it is starting to rain here also. The last nice day for a while. Spring starts Friday and it is supposed to be our coldest day of the week.

Well time to relax, take the dog a walk and then bed. I could not sleep last night so I am really tired tonight.

Marsha

Hey all!! I actually got outside and went for a walk yesterday!!! And you know what? It felt great!!! The weather here in Wisconsin was FANTASTIC!!! Tuesday we went out for lunch for work for St. Patty's Day. Ate way more than I should have and then someone went to the bakery and bought cookies....big cookies and of course I had one!!! Back on track today though.

Hey all!! I actually got outside and went for a walk!!! And you know what? It felt great!!! The weather here in Wisconsin was FANTASTIC!!! Tuesday we went out for lunch for work for St. Patty's Day. Ate way more than I should have and then someone went to the bakery and bought cookies....big cookies and of course I had one!!! Back on track today though.

Jennifer....you can blame it on the little man in the green that made you eat those nasty St. Patty's cookies. I glad you enjoyed your walk. I can't wait till our weather is nice enough to be able to take walks in the evening doing the treadmill at the Y isn't the same.

I'm sure the nice weather won't last long here. It is only March and in Wisconsin weatherwise that can mean anything. I did enjoy the walk outside last night and you are right...walking on the treadmill is just not the same at all!!!

As you can see on my banner, I will be going in France on July 2nd until the 20th. I was invited for a weeding, and will meet some freinds I made on a french travel forum and I will go taste some good wines!!!!

With all the good foods and wine I will taste, I will have a lot of walking to do to loose the weight I will gain during my trip.

I will be in France and I will not restrict myself... Vive La France!!!!

As you can see on my banner, I will be going in France on July 2nd until the 20th. I was invited for a weeding, and will meet some freinds I made on a french travel forum and I will go taste some good wines!!!!

With all the good foods and wine I will taste, I will have a lot of walking to do to loose the weight I will gain during my trip.

I am so jealous.:p

I think it has been 5 days since I checked in, busy at work and home. My diet is going well, I have not been back on the scale since my initial weigh in. I thought I'd give it some time so I don't get discouraged. I am sticking to lean meats and tons of veggies, lots of water. No alcohol, very difficult because I like wine with dinner., no sugar, very few carbs. After a few weeks I will modify and add in a few more choices. I look at myself and I can't believe I let myself get like this. I was very fit until about 5 years and 40lbs ago.

So far I am lacking any exercise, I can't seem to drag myself out after a long day. LAZY! Maybe I will go for a walk tonight.;)

I think it has been 5 days since I checked in, busy at work and home. My diet is going well, I have not been back on the scale since my initial weigh in. I thought I'd give it some time so I don't get discouraged. I am sticking to lean meats and tons of veggies, lots of water. No alcohol, very difficult because I like wine with dinner., no sugar, very few carbs. After a few weeks I will modify and add in a few more choices. I look at myself and I can't believe I let myself get like this. I was very fit until about 5 years and 40lbs ago.

So far I am lacking any exercise, I can't seem to drag myself out after a long day. LAZY! Maybe I will go for a walk tonight.;)

Glad to hear from you again. Sounds as if you have a PLAN and it will show good results.

I hope you get to go for that walk. I am finding that I love doing the treadmill and can't wait till our weather is nice enough to take walks it seems to invigorate me. Stay positive and motivated and soon you will have turned back that clock to 5 years and 40 lbs ago.:)

My day has gone really good.... took the day off...went to Y and got in my cardio did 80 minutes on the treadmill and then spent the day with DH shopping(more walking). We did eat lunch out but we both behaved ourselves.

Now I still have dinner to get through but will make a wise choice.

I can't wait to weigh in Monday to see if the scales are nice to me.:D

Here's to everyone staying positive-encouraged-motivated and happy.

I am so jealous.:p

:p

I walked about 45 minutes today. My back is sore so I couldn't walk vigoursely. At least, I did it :cool:

Keep it up gals!! Together, we will do it!!! We are strong, we are good, we will defeit the pounds!!!! :D:D:D

:p

I walked about 45 minutes today. My back is sore so I couldn't walk vigoursely. At least, I did it :cool:

Keep it up gals!! Together, we will do it!!! We are strong, we are good, we will defeit the pounds!!!! :D:D:D

You did do it...give yourself a very soft pat on that sore back:D you deserve it.

Well I ony lost .6 this week, but after the way I ate this week I'll take it!

That makes -4.2 total. Not too bad I guess... and I'm still on track to lose my 44 before the cruise! Hope you all had a great week and have an even better weekend!

Carissa :)

Well I ony lost .6 this week, but after the way I ate this week I'll take it!

That makes -4.2 total. Not too bad I guess... and I'm still on track to lose my 44 before the cruise! Hope you all had a great week and have an even better weekend!

Carissa :)

Carissa,.......I say every ounce lost adds up to a pound lost.

Congrats on the 4.2lb loss.

:)TGIF:)

I just got home from work it was a short work day but a very long day:confused:

Let's just say my morning started early went to work out at 5:30am just as the Y was opening. Worked out until 7:30am came home had oatmeal and 3 oz of turkey sausage for breakfast.

Went to see my patient and had lunch of salad and a light moz.cheese stick.

Now I'm really tired so I think I'll take a nap:D

I hope everyone is having a good day and that the weekend is kind to everyone.:)

Ah.....the end to a long work week. I have had my ups and downs this week. But I feel I have eaten really well and hope the scales agree.

Sounds like everyone is getting motivated. This is the first day of spring so let's spring forward with our plans. I know I feel much better in that I am putting much better things into my body. I never have that bloated feeling anymore.

I have accomplished a lot of yard work as a form of exercise so it pays a double bonus. I plan to do that for a while this afternoon and then a nice dinner. My one problem that seems to be plaguing me is sleep. I either sleep really well or really poorly. I will keep working on that.

Does anyone know some good breathing exercises when you feel really stresssed out? Something you can do at work while you are at your desk.

Thanks to all and good luck!

Marsha

Archived