superior suite perks sc cat? Noordam 6166

beyoung

Well I called HAL today and told them that I didn't want the accessable stateroom that they had open and asked if anything could be done and they lady got them to release a cabin from the other itinerary (we are doing the ten day segment and they had it heald for the 20 day one) anyhow we are now in 6166 and I am happy as can be that we will be aft with more room than our sy. But I am wondering as we have never sailed on HAL before, what do suites get in the way of perks, do we get free champagne waiting for us like on other lines, or a free meal in the specialty restaurant or something? It was a 3800.00 price jump so I hope that there is something that superior suites get over deluxe. Also anyone sail in 6166 on the Noordam have any photos they would like to share?

Thanks!

You will love your SC suite. SA, SB and SC are "deluxe verandah suites" and offer additional benefits and services.

Go to www.hollandamerica.com

ONBOARD OUR SHIPS

STATEROOMS

and there you'll see tabs for the various types of staterooms. Click on DELUXE SUITES and the amenities will be shown.

It was a 3800.00 price jump so I hope that there is something that superior suites get over deluxe.
Actually you have the cabin categories transposed. You are now in a deluxe verandah suite. That is a higher category than your prior superior verandah suite. If you'll check the HAL site, you can see the 'perks' for each category.

We stayed in 6166. You will love this cabin. Although it is not as big as other suites, the huge balcony makes up for that. It is about the size of the SS suite we stayed in on the Zuiderdam. Sorry I don't have a photo to post. Can't figure out how to do that:o. We had a bottle of champagne and bottled water waiting for us. Since my DH doesn't like champagne we exchanged it for a bottle of wine. They took care of that for us in the Neptune Lounge. I spent every afternoon relaxing and reading my book on the verandah with a cup of cappuchino from the NL. Any other questions, just ask and I'll try to help. Enjoy your great cabin and trip.

Suite Perks

All PS, SA, SB and SC categories:

Separate check-in line at embarkation

Personalized stationary

Use of the Neptune Lounge and the concierges

Boutonniere and corsage for the first formal night

Free laundry, free pressing, free dry cleaning

Priority tendering

Priority disembarkation

Free use of binoculars

Free use of a large umbrella

MAYBE a private suite cocktail party in the Neptune Lounge

MAYBE an invitation to a VIP party

Maybe a suite buffet or sit down lunch -- depends on itinerary and HM/Captain

Free bottle of champagne compliments of the HM and captain

Breakfast in the Pinnacle or King’s Room (depends on the ship)

Free DVD use

Some ships also have a complimentary bottle of VOSS water -- it is an Artisian well water from Norway.

yipee free laundry! That is worth the $3800 more to me lol! (I am serious we can cut way back on the clothes now) Thanks for the info-

ps what is the neptune lounge- anything I want to check out?

Also is the specialty restaurant on the Noordam worth the pay charge, never sailed HAL so I don't even know the charge lol

When is your cruise? Are you sure this price difference is right? Most sailings show a price difference of $1000 pp to upgrade from an SY to an SC. for 10 days. $3800 difference should be for the 20 day sailing.

We just got off the Noordam, and the free laundry was a great thing. Even for just 10 days, it was nice to be able to have things cleaned. We did have a luncheon just for suite passengers on the last sea day which was lovely. The good thing is not necessarily having the priority tendering, but not having to wait on line for tender tickets. You just go down to the tenders whenever you are ready. The Neptune Lounge is great too. You can go there for continental breakfast, and have better coffee, cappucino or cafe latte. There is a very nice assortment of fruits, meats, cheese, lox, and breads/pastries. For lunch there are cold sandwiches. Their egg salad is great. And later in the afternoon you can stop by for snacks as well. No alcoholic beverages though. I also preferred breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill over either the main dining room or the buffet. THere is no charge for that.

oh and it could be the difference of what I paid before to book us was a better deal from eight months ago until today but I dont care i am just happy we are going, still wondering about that suite elite package??

Suite Elite Package

Available from Ship Services (800-207-3547) for an extra charge - call for price:

For deluxe suites only:

Pass to thermal suite

Initial beverage set-up

Explorations coffee card

Pinnacle Grill dinner

Culinary Arts Center class

Premium wine tasting

Internet card for 100 minutes

Daily turndown truffles

Deluxe floral arrangement

Also is the specialty restaurant on the Noordam worth the pay charge, never sailed HAL so I don't even know the charge lol

It'e $20 per person, and I think it's worth the extra charge. I'm not alone in that opinion, although it's not unanimous. I think it's a lovely, quiet evening with a different atmosphere from the main dining room. The food and service are very good.

You can check out the menu before you sign up to see if it's something you might be interested in.

is the internet in your cabin or in the cafe?

There are computers in the Explorations Cafe for use while on board. There is also wireless connection throughout the ship (some places have a stronger signal than others) if you have your own laptop.

Archived