Which Port in LA??

bulgargirl

I feel like an idiot. I should know this answer, but last time I cruised on NCL out of LA I paid for the shuttle from the airport through NCL so I didn't worry about it.

Which port is it exactly that I am going to if I'm taking NCL's Sun out of LA? My itinerary just says "Los Angeles". I was thinking that it's the pier in Long Beach. But I'm also confused about San Bernadino.

Can someone please help me? Thanks!

Actually, I believe you would be cruising out of San Pedro. When I last cruised with NCL in 2005, both the Sun and the Star were cruising out of the Port of Los Angeles World Cruise Center. You can visit their website at http://www.portoflosangeles.org/facilities/world_cruise_center.asp.

The only cruise line I know of that cruises out of Long Beach is Carnival, and I don't know how a ship could could sail out of San Bernardino, since it is pretty much inland.

Lol! I meant San Pedro. I had San Bernadino on the brain from something else I had been reading. Wow - way to keep making myself look smarter and smarter. :)

Long Beach and San Pedro are very near to each other, corrrect? As in flying into the Long Beach airport is a fairly good option if I'm sailing out of LA, I think???? Maybe????

Long Beach and San Pedro are very near to each other, corrrect? As in flying into the Long Beach airport is a fairly good option if I'm sailing out of LA, I think???? Maybe????

I lived in the South Bay for a number of years, and I think that flying into Long Beach would be a great idea. I have flown in and out of both LAX and Long Beach, and in my opinion there is less of a hassle getting in and out of Long Beach, and I believe it is closer as well, maybe as few as 15-20 minutes away, depending on traffic.

Lol! I meant San Pedro. I had San Bernadino on the brain from something else I had been reading. Wow - way to keep making myself look smarter and smarter. :)

That would depend on your deffinition of very near I think it is about ten to fifteen miles between ports, not sure how far from the airport.

You will be cruising out of San Pedro which is the port of Los Angeles. if you can fly in and out of Long Beach that is by far the best option. It is only about 20 minutes, if that much, depending on traffic from the pier and it is a super small airport. LAX is a nightmare in our opinion.

Nita

Don't want to disagree with expert Nita, but try as we might, we couldn't get nearly as good airfare into Long Beach so we ended up at LAX. So, if you end up there, don't think its the end of the world - shuttles were plentiful. You might want to check out the West Coast departure board for other advice on San Pedro.

have a great cruise!

Clay

I did end up at LAX, but only because I didn't want to drive 5 hours to the next nearest airport and the one nearest me is small, small, small (like so small that I did even know it was here for the longest time). I'll take supershuttle.

I did try to go to the west coast departure thread but got confused over which port was ours (calling it the port of los angeles when it's somewhere else confused me - I swear I'm not dumb!!)

Thanks for all the help!!!

I did end up at LAX, but only because I didn't want to drive 5 hours to the next nearest airport and the one nearest me is small, small, small (like so small that I did even know it was here for the longest time). I'll take supershuttle.

I did try to go to the west coast departure thread but got confused over which port was ours (calling it the port of los angeles when it's somewhere else confused me - I swear I'm not dumb!!)

Thanks for all the help!!!

Bulgargirl- Are you arriving the morning of your Sun cruise? If so, you'll be going south on the 405 freeway against traffic so unless there's an accident or something you should be fine. If you're taking the

Super Shuttle, you may want to pre-book your ride so that they'll have a van reserved. I pre-booked on the Super Shuttle website to get me from Sky Harbor Airport in Phoenix to my Aunt's house in Mesa this past week- easy as can be- got off the plane, went down to the Super Shuttle pick-up point just outside of baggage claim, gave the attendant my reservation number, she called for the van, and I was on my way in just a few minutes. Have fun on your cruise! Gene

Don't sweat LAX since you're flying in, and shuttling out. LA is a big, busy airport. I've flown in and out of it dozens of times. Foot traffic/baggage claim/access to ground transportation is smooth.

Except of course when President Clinton is on the runway getting a haircut! :rolleyes: I was stuck that day because of him :mad:

Archived