What do i do first...

headeing out to the mariner of the sea's tomorrow...flight leaves minneapolis at 11:00am...spending the pre-nite at the holiday inn by the pier in san pedro...going over to the pier aT 11AM sunday morning to board THE MARINER OF THE SEA'S AND START OUR CRUISE...what should do first...?????????? i have never been on the mariner but have been on all of the other voyager class ship so really no need to check out the ship...what do i do first...make my chops and portofino reservation...lunch in the windjammer...check to see if the cabin is ready for us...check out the lounge and meet the concirge...i think his name is alan...sit by the pool...have a drink...and another drink...PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO DO FIRST...maybe go swimming...

Actually The first thing I would do upon boarding is buy my soda card at the table set up as soon as you board. I would see if I could place my carry on bags in the room first and then head to lunch in the windjammer before it becomes so crowded you won't find a clean table. I always get the honey stung chicken for lunch at the windjammer.

We usually do the following:

1. Head to the Windjammer for lunch. The Honey Stung chicken is only served on the first day. ;)

2. Go to the specialty restaurant and make our reservations, if we have not done so beforehand.

3. Go to the dining room and scope out our table location so that we don't have to wait in line to find it at dinner time.

4. Head to our cabin to drop off our carry-ons. The cabins are usually ready around 1:00 PM or so.

5. Explore the ship.

6. Get ready for Muster Drill.

What we do first:

1. Head to the pool deck and get a drink

2. Find my pool lounger and get my towels on it

3. Change into my swimsuit (if I did not wear it to the ship)

4. Get comfy on my lounger with my drink

5. DH usually goes to WJ to get himself some lunch

6. At some point in the afternoon, we take a quick run to the diningroom to see where our table is at.

Otherwise, I do absolutely nothing that first afternoon but lay at the pool and relax with cool drinks in hand. Always time for anything else I want to do once the sun goes down.

headeing out to the mariner of the sea's tomorrow...flight leaves minneapolis at 11:00am...spending the pre-nite at the holiday inn by the pier in san pedro...going over to the pier aT 11AM sunday morning to board THE MARINER OF THE SEA'S AND START OUR CRUISE...what should do first...?????????? i have never been on the mariner but have been on all of the other voyager class ship so really no need to check out the ship...what do i do first...make my chops and portofino reservation...lunch in the windjammer...check to see if the cabin is ready for us...check out the lounge and meet the concirge...i think his name is alan...sit by the pool...have a drink...and another drink...PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO DO FIRST...maybe go swimming...

Pretty easy answer I think.... just do what has worked in the past since you are well versed on this class of ship. But most importantly... Have a GREAT CRUISE !

First head north on the 405 pick me up in Northridge, then we can turn around and I will personally show you how to party like its 1999!!

Im tall but Im sure I can fold up nicely in a large suit bag!!

Ill buy the drinks the whole trip....promise!!

HAVE A GREAT TRIP.

PS my Mom is from Minn so that practically makes us family right?

Okay...calm down now...

First, catch that flight...

Get to LAX (I am assuming) and make sure your luggage took the flight with you...

Find your ground transportation and get to the hotel (I would have opted for the Crown Plaza or Doubletree, but you'll be fine enough with the Holiday Inn I guess)...

Check in, relax a little...

Head over to the San Pedro Brewing Company or to Acapulco or J Trani for some dinner...

Get a good night's sleep...

"Sleep in" the next morning...

Shuttle to the pier...

On the ship...

Your cabin won't be ready until about 1:00, so hopefully, you don't have a lot of carry-on stuff...I always make reservations first (specialty restaurants--though my wife heads right to the spa/salon for those reservations--which are typically more of a competition...think about it: Hair appointment in late afternoon for formal night?)...Then I'll check out my dining assignment--just in case I really need to get it changed...Then head to the buffet...That should take up all of the time until your cabin is ready...

Now, I unpack my stuff and stash the suitcases under the bed...

Next, check out the Compass and plan the rest of the day...Beware the dreaded Muster Drill...

Next...Deep Breath...You are officially CRUISING...

Enjoy the Mariner...

...check out the lounge and meet the concirge...i think his name is alan...

Typically the Concierge takes the day off to do what he/she needs to do or relax, so you may not see Alain till after muster. Hopefully you will have an envelope in your cabin with the CL access key in it. Enjoy your cruise. It is a fun ship to explore and spend time on.

after 13 cruises with rccl...i'm finally going to pay attentionto the windjammer tomorrow...i'll be checking out the famous honey stung chicken...i'll report back on how it was...folks have wow'd it and other have vow'd never again...stay tuned...2 hrs we head to the airport for our flight to la...asnd our pre-nite...

Archived