Diamond Princess Power Outlets

Miss Jolly

We have 2 obscured view cabins and plan to bring power strips for all those recharchables (bringing 2 teens so lots of rechargables:p). Are all of the outlets US only? We are from Australia so need to know how many adapters we will need. Thank you.:)

We have 2 obscured view cabins and plan to bring power strips for all those recharchables (bringing 2 teens so lots of rechargables:p). Are all of the outlets US only? We are from Australia so need to know how many adapters we will need. Thank you.:)

You will need a US to Oz adapter but there is a vaccuum outlet and look behind the TV (s) as well. She's a beaut ship.

• 4 weeks later...

There is a 240V outlet under the bed - it has the bedlamp plugged into it. It is however still a US outlet so you need the adaptor BUT you can use it for your own dryer, curler, straightener or whatever.

• 7 years later...

Hello all

there have been a few conflicting posts on this thread. :confused:

We are seeking clarification.\, please!

Are there only 110 volt, USA 3 pin power outlets in cabins on this ship?

Thanks

the Gabbas

Sailed on the Diamond last December. At the desk there were two 120V US style outlets plus a "universal" 240V outlet. We were able to plug an Australian plug into the universal outlet. Not sure if this varies by stateroom. We were in an inside on plaza deck.

There is a 240V outlet under the bed - it has the bedlamp plugged into it. It is however still a US outlet so you need the adaptor BUT you can use it for your own dryer, curler, straightener or whatever.
It is actually a European plug, not a U.S. plug, under the bed.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sailed on the Diamond last December. At the desk there were two 120V US style outlets plus a "universal" 240V outlet. We were able to plug an Australian plug into the universal outlet. Not sure if this varies by stateroom. We were in an inside on plaza deck.
I sailed on Diamond Princess in an obstructed oceanview cabin in March this year. There was a 240v universal plug at the desk that I used with my camera, tablet and phone which all have Australian plugs.
It appears that a 240V outlet must have been added to the cabins when she as fitted out for sailing in Australia/Asia. Good to know.

It appears that a 240V outlet must have been added to the cabins when she as fitted out for sailing in Australia/Asia. Good to know.

If that's the case it would be an Aussie plug not US or European. But could someone clarify which it is?

If that's the case it would be an Aussie plug not US or European. But could someone clarify which it is?
The two posts stated that they were "universal" receptacles. Perhaps they are like the receptacles on at least some airlines?

https://www.110220volts.com/r4-u.html?gclid=CPfUwJe3i9ACFUiXfgodmpYOpQ