Electricity Question

dfields1814

We will be on the Grand princess transatlantic cruise departing on Apr 10th.

I have a question on electricity once we disembark in the UK. I know on board I will have no problems plugging in appliances. I also know I need an UK adaptor for the UK outlets. However, do I also need to buy a converter for my battery chargers for things like my laptop, cell phone, and digital camera? I contacted Dell and they said I would not need a converter for my laptop. I hope they are correct. I have no idea about the other itms.

Paul

for many items you need a transformer to take the 220 volts down to 110 volts....they are not expensive to buy and will give you the adaptor to fit into the plugs as well.

Most travel sections of dept stores will have them

We will be on the Grand princess transatlantic cruise departing on Apr 10th.

I have a question on electricity once we disembark in the UK. I know on board I will have no problems plugging in appliances. I also know I need an UK adaptor for the UK outlets. However, do I also need to buy a converter for my battery chargers for things like my laptop, cell phone, and digital camera? I contacted Dell and they said I would not need a converter for my laptop. I hope they are correct. I have no idea about the other itms.

Paul

I would think you would need some sort of converter for your laptop in the UK!! :eek:

All of your chargers/adapters should have a label on them somewhere in plain site that says something like:

"110 - 240V / 50 - 60Hz" if they are internationally compatible, the voltage and frequency (Hz) range may vary a bit, but at a minimum needs to cover the ranges I stated. Then all you need is the plug adapter.

If they only state 95-125V/60Hz (or some similar narrow range) then they are North American compatible only.

We'll be on the Emerald on a Baltic cruise in September. Are you saying I might need a voltage converter in our cabin? I guess I assumed the electrical systems on all Princess ships are 110 volts regardless of where they are sailing. I'm guessing this is a really stupid question. I apologize in advance for my ignorance. :confused::o:confused::o

Thanks,

We'll be on the Emerald on a Baltic cruise in September. Are you saying I might need a voltage converter in our cabin? I guess I assumed the electrical systems on all Princess ships are 110 volts regardless of where they are sailing. I'm guessing this is a really stupid question. I apologize in advance for my ignorance. :confused::o:confused::o

Thanks,

The ship is 110V....

No I thought they were talking about the UK not the ship. :confused:

Archived