Help with stateroom choice please!

kken67

Ok, here's my dilemma.

I booked 2 staterooms, both deck 9 on Freedom of the seas. One is 9627 for 2 people and the other 9675 for 4 people.

We now have the opportunity to upgrade the room for 2 to a balcony room and i know that 9632 is available (a D1 just into the hump). Problem is i spoke to a royal caribbean rep today and she said because no one in the cabin for 4 is 21 (one is 20) they should be within 5 staterooms of us. Our travel agent hasnt said anything about this and booked the 2 closest staterooms that were available at the time. Just looked on ********** and i could change the room for 4 to deck 7 (7367) and we could go in 7366 directly opposite. Room 7366 is not a hump room though. What would you do. Our travel agent knew the ages of the 4 in one room (they are 16,17, 17 and 20 and didnt say anything. Should i go for the hump room and be further than the 5 rooms away or go for the non hump room just in case.

You do NOT need to actually put adults into each room--that requirement is for "booking' purposes only. They want to make sure there is a true adult with the party.

Stick to deck 9--it's ever so much more convenient than deck 7---2 flights of stairs is much more "doable" than 4! (They are long flights of stairs!!!)

Book the rooms however you want, and when you checkin to the ship, tell them who will be in what room--they DO NOT care!

You do NOT need to actually put adults into each room--that requirement is for "booking' purposes only. They want to make sure there is a true adult with the party.

Stick to deck 9--it's ever so much more convenient than deck 7---2 flights of stairs is much more "doable" than 4! (They are long flights of stairs!!!)

Book the rooms however you want, and when you checkin to the ship, tell them who will be in what room--they DO NOT care!

cb I love you, but if everyone booked a JS on deck 9, I think the ship would tip over.

Never could buy the argument that one deck is better than another. Yeah deck 9 is closer to the pool and windjammer, but it's a lot further from the dining rooms and the promenade. Only the lazy and disabled care what deck they're on because it makes no difference otherwise. Deck 7 is just fine. In fact I prefer it because after a day ashore, walking up 7 flights is just a bit easier than 9.

Archived