Luggage Valet Service and Transfers

Everything was great, until about 1045 friday night.

We had signed up for the "luggage valet" service thru RCI. Received our boarding passes and luggage tags. Had them on the bags and the bags out in the hall when, lo and behold, on our door was a note addressed "Dear Guest" which stated that we had been selected by Continental to physically check in for the flight, therefore we could not use luggage valet and would receive our money back.

I went to the front desk and was told to remove the tags from all of the bags, just leave the yellow group tags on them, which I did.

Saturday morning, when I received my invoice, the charges for luggage valet were still on there. I, again, went to the front desk and asked why. The young lady at the desk. who had a problem smiling (i.e., she didn't), said she would fix it and removed only the charges for 2 of the 3 bags and did not remove any participation charges ($20 pp). I questioned this and, after checking, was told that only my wife had been rejected and that I should have left the tags on my bags. Now, that sure doesn't make sense, only rejecting one person in a group. RCI... IF AN AIRLINE REJECTS ONE PERSON IN A GROUP YOU SHOULD UNENROLL EVERYONE !!!

I said that I had removed the tags from all of the bags and was told that I would only get a credit of I was able to produce all of the tags and the boarding passes. Well, I went up to my room and dug through the garbage to find all of the tags I removed and went back to the desk AGAIN, and BEFORE MY COFFEE !!!. I gave her the tags and she demanded the boarding passes back as well. Once I gave her those documents she said that she would get it fixed. I asked for a corrected statement and was told to come back in 10 minutes (Gee, that sure is funny since the first correction took seconds !!!).

So, I went to eat and came back to get the corrected statement (FINALLY)...

then, we followed the disembarking procedures and all went smooth until we got to the airport (Using RCI's transfer) and had to wait 40 minutes for our bags, others had to wait 1 1/2 hours !!!.... The excuse was that the baggage handler was a subcontractor and didn't show up on time... PUT THE DAMN BAGS ON THE BUSSES WITH THE PEOPLE !!!!! When the truck showed up it had 1 unloader and a helper... The unloader even rejected assistance from others waiting for the luggage...

Well, that's enough venting for now.... I WILL send a copy of this posting to the executive offices at RCI so that maybe the same thing will not happen to others in the future.

Happy Cruising

Steve

Archived