Weekend purchases?

cruzisme

Did any of you ladies go shopping this weekend?

If yes, what did you buy?

for myself, I bought 2 cuff bracelets, about 1 1/2 inches wide, one in black/silver and the other turquoise/silver. Just for fun and to update for the spring/summer coming.

however, being in Vancouver, we have a touch of snow (yikes:eek:) again. and it is mid March!

Just came home from "Ross Dress for Less" (I proudly call myself a "black belt cheapskate") and found a well-fitting new pair of white shorts for $17 (suggested retail $48). Also a new black bra with non-slip straps. I'm just about packed and doubt that I'll add anything more. In fact, I'm now in the taking-out-again mode, which is the way I pack us both into one large suitcase (and a carry-on each)... After 14 cruises we have packing down to a minimalist science.:D

Hehe! Caught me! I went to Marshall's and got a Liz Claiborne cream colored tee with a nice pleated neckline, and a navy blue twill skirt from Calvin Klein. Also a GREAT pair of brown Liz Claiborne brown patent slingbacks. Only the tee is going on the cruise, but I needed the shoes and the skirt for work. :)

All for 50 bucks, total.

A successful outing, I think!

Black belt cheapskate... I LOVE that! :D

Just came home from "Ross Dress for Less" (I proudly call myself a "black belt cheapskate") and found a well-fitting new pair of white shorts for $17 (suggested retail $48). Also a new black bra with non-slip straps. I'm just about packed and doubt that I'll add anything more. In fact, I'm now in the taking-out-again mode, which is the way I pack us both into one large suitcase (and a carry-on each)... After 14 cruises we have packing down to a minimalist science.:D

Too funny,:D I went to Ross today too. Found a cute pair of crops

in a washed denim ( I am short so they are almost ankle pants;))

These were $7.99!! I should say they are soft washed denim....

feel really soft!

Then I went to Steimart and got my Dad a new sweater

(cardigan style). He is old now and my sis and I have

begun the role reversal..the children taking care of the parent

and the sweater he had been using was awful:(

He is 87 and we are learning the aged don't care about

how things look or what condition they are in.......siggghhh....

well, not all of the aged....but this particular Daddy.

Then I went to Steimart and got my Dad a new sweater

(cardigan style). He is old now and my sis and I have

begun the role reversal..the children taking care of the parent

and the sweater he had been using was awful:(

He is 87 and we are learning the aged don't care about

how things look or what condition they are in.......siggghhh....

well, not all of the aged....but this particular Daddy.

It is hard being the "parent" but enjoy the time. My mom,81, no longer knows me.. Alzheimer's. It is obvious you care, so enjoy the time you have even if he doesn't care what he has on.

Yep, shopping today, but not for clothes -- we've done enough of that over the last few weeks! Bought DD and I both a new carry-on bag -- mine was too big (and falling apart) and she didn't have one. We both have small (17") rolling bags -- very nice, and 50% (+ another 15%) off at Macy's.

It is hard being the "parent" but enjoy the time. My mom,81, no longer knows me.. Alzheimer's. It is obvious you care, so enjoy the time you have even if he doesn't care what he has on.

Oh..I am so sorry:(

He knows us both very well..thankfully.:) He has a lady

in his life~she is older than he is and they have been together

for about 13 years (they live together). She is 92..I think:eek:

But when it comes to certain stuff, she cannot do for him

either.

You are correct, both my sister and I care very much:)

Since my goal to lose enough weight to fit into my beautiful dresses from our last cruise has failed, I've finally bowed to the need to hit the stores. Today on a whim I went to Macy's and found on the clearance rack, a darling black and cream cocktail for $36.50!!! It's perfect for one of the formal nights and I found another one online at Macy's that's a beautiful dark aqua, and once again, on clearance for $83.30. I'm ordering it and my shoes tonight. :p

Guilty as charged! I went shopping too, but on-line. I ordered 3 dresses, 2 tank tops, and a couple of nicer tops from Victorias Secret! I am addicted to just shopping on the internet now as it is so difficult to shop for me with a toddler in tow! I have gotten pretty good at knowing what styles and sizes are going to work. Can't wait for my stuff to get here! :D

I went shopping this weekend! I had coupons to Old Navy, Gap, and Express so I bought a bunch of stuff including:

Black beach coverup skirt

Black yoga capris

Pink paisley bathing suit top

Black lace cami

St. Pattys day Tshirt

Gap Body extra soft long sleeve tees- a black & a white

Long sleeve hooded shirt- navy blue

Flutter sleeve pink tshirt

3 fancy tops from Express- I don't think I'd be good at explaining any of them but a hot pink one, a grey one, and then a multicolor of teals & greens.

I can't wait to wear this stuff. Most of it is for things that are coming up- birthday parties, etc. but I will probably bring most of it on my upcoming cruise. :)

I think this question should be asked every weekend. I love reading what great deals everyone got at the stores. Sounds like you all brought home some great items.

Caught me :)

Nothing too out-there. I was in need of some retail therapy and some more "staples" though. I picked up a couple solid-color tanks (Black and purple, from Target), a v-neck sweater and a short-sleeved cardigan. I bought a new makeup kit from Bare Escentuals at Ulta, as well, and nearly grabbed a pair of Born flats that were on sale for about $40.

I did!

I got two nice silk dresses at Banana Republic (on clearance, of COURSE!) and also used the 30% coupon posted here a few days ago. I bought a spring-y cotton one, as well.

Today I went to Target and bought a great drapey shirt in a dark coral color, a very casual blue sundress (think tank top but longer) and a great one-shouldered gray sundress. I'm thinking spring!

I should know better by now. I just ran to Boscov's to pay off my charge and happened to see shoes on sale. One pair in black and one pair in white. I really did need a pair of walking shoes for our Western Med cruise soooooo I ended up with two pair or Naturalizer shoes. It was $18.00 off each pair.

I always have trouble finding shoes for my wierd feet because of a hump by the big toe on my right foot; but these shoes are cute and feel great. Now not to worry about the cobblestone streets!

Lost my dad almost 3 years ago, and my mom 5 years ago to Altzheimer's. Even tho she is still alive she is like your mom and doesn't know anyone anymore. Enjoy the time you have with parents - you never know.

I got a blue and white Vera Wang skirt, and a short sleeved cardigan

At Marshalls I bought a new swimsuit and matching cover

Keeping my eye out for a fomal gown but I already have several, so unless something

really grabs me...I will take one from my closet ha ha

this weekend I bought a really cute short sleeve cardigan. Black/white cardigan (floral) with black buttons, and it is sized petite, so the length ends at my waist.

Loved it when I saw it and the price was good too!

Archived