Weekend purchases?

cruzisme

but I got some really great stuff

2 new swimsuits at macys

a shirt and 2 tops at old navy

3 pairs of shorts at jcp

2 sundresses and a top at american eagle

4 tops and a pair of capris at Christopher and Banks 40% off everything in the store.

But I am going to look good

but I got some really great stuff

2 new swimsuits at macys

a shirt and 2 tops at old navy

3 pairs of shorts at jcp

2 sundresses and a top at american eagle

4 tops and a pair of capris at Christopher and Banks 40% off everything in the store.

But I am going to look good

oh, you got some nice stuff:)

check down the board on my birhtday thread. I got some

stuff too:D

I had a variety of gift cards for Dillard's (due to some returned merchandise) and Macy's (Christmas gifts) as well as some Macy's Star Reward Certificates AND my Macy's Thanks for Sharing Rebate PLUS a special 20% off coupon so I had a real spree!

At Dillard's they had a "take an additional 40% off" sale on sale merchandise, most of which had been marked down several times already. I got:

1. Gorgeous Black Formal, very sleek with a drape from the shoulders in back and an elegant crystal pin under the bust in front for $19.00 (originally $298)

2. Beautiful Navy Formal, v-neck, lace bodice to hip with short sleeves, self-cami-style lined. It has a semi-full taffeta skirt and sash over the lace bodice at waist (on which I am pinning a Swarovski crystal brooch,) for $40.00 (originally $395.00)

3. Red sleeveless, surplice bodice cocktail dress with ruched waist and full skirt for $19.00 (originally$248.00)

4. Pewter/silver mesh bustier top with scattered jet mini-crystal beads on the front, which is a diagonal basket weave panel of the mesh fabric AND matching bolero jacket for $19.00 (originally$268.00)

5. Elegant Emerald green Taffeta Wrap Top with sash which ties at the side, trimmed in same-fabric, mini-pleat ruffle around neck, sleeve and all edges for $14.00 (originally 178.00)

6. Black carwash pants, alas not on sale, but a great price and will go with #s 4 and 5 from above as well as some other tops I already own.

I am not taking the carwash pants or the tops on the cruise this time, though but will get a lot of use from them at other times.

Used my Macy's goodies (as well as a good bit more :p !) on some casual stuff--pants, capris, jackets, tops and shoes) which I really needed for summer anyway and some of which are going on our upcoming cruise.

I had a huge reward card from Saks, as well as some EGC cards and splurged on two INCREDIBLE Tadashi gowns, both of which are NAVY but both are very different, and different than the navy gown I got at Dillard's. Can you see a color them developing here for the cruise? :p I already have a beautiful pair of navy silk heels that are perfect for cruising because they are "just high enough" to look elegant without being scarey to walk or dance in!

I won't be shopping again till forever :p ! But it was nice to use all of my gift cards and rewards at once because everything coordinates or mix/matches. My husband almost had a heart attack :eek: when he saw the bags coming in, but he was proud of the savings I got! :D

I have bad feet-I pronate & have no arches. I wear Brooks Sneakers-Addiction 7D. I always pay about $100 for them, but I have no choice. I have been looking on the web for a better price. Last night I found them for $57, no charge for shipping. They are not high fashion, but I know that I'll be happier & more pleasant on my Mothers Day Cruise to BERMUDA-yes, I am excited!!!:eek:

Bonni

I bought a pair of bronze flats to wear while my foot is healing. My foot surgery was 2/26 and last Wednesday my Dr. said I could wear some non-aggressive shoes. However, I just don't like the look of athletic shoes with my work clothes so I found an alternative! :)

Citron..yummmm-o..silky tops, already have bottoms..nice and flowy..very artsy..so move over Spenser Alexis, mommas found new cruze wear

Hi:) thanks for the tip. I like that kind of stuff too. I will

check it out next time I am in Dillards.

I was marathon shopping this weekend with my SIL.

If you live in Ohio, WVA or PA I have two words: Gabriel Brothers.

Among my top finds:

Spanx - Slim Cognito Seamless Mid-Thigh Bodysuit

Spanx - Hide & Sleek Hi-Rise Body Smoother

Spanx - Hide & Sleek Hi-Rise Panty

all for $7.99 each.

A few cacique bras for $3.99 each. I always try bras on before I buy.

A pair of Aravon sandals (New Balance makes them) for about 1/10 the normal price.

Coldwater Creek Outlet:

A travel knit blouse with pants.

A few nice tanks.

Several great necklaces and one bracelet.

Just ordered a cocktail dress online today and now I need to find shoes that will go with it. I love the time before a cruise, when I get to shop, shop, shop!!

I also bought a dress pattern to make me two dresses for dinner. Now I am narrowing down the fabric I want.

I did a little shopping too! I ordered a pair of "switch flops" and one extra strap on eBay (they should arrive today) and a pair of gold and crystal shoes to match my dress! I'm finally all set for elegant nites.

Does anybody besides me ever try the second-hand shops? We have a couple of WONDERFUL ones near the town I live in and today I think I hit the jackpot! I went to try on a cute brown, 2-piece halter dress (cocktail) but couldn't squeeze my fat *&^% into it but did find a fantastic travel knit suit (pants and one-button jacket) for $6.50! Then I found the oddest pair of gold, lucite and rhinestone shoes for $3.50. They are just strange enough to be cute :D

When I went to check out the suit was half off so my total spree was $9.75 and I am continuing my goal of reducing, reusing and recycling.

Yay!

Maybe I'm overly picky, but I've been having trouble finding things I like. At my age (late 60s) the currently available baby-doll tops don't look "cute" at all:eek:. Let's not even talk about "cute" shoes. When you wear a Size 10 or 11 in shoes, the pickings are very slim at best. Besides, I'm packed already!

So, happy shopping, ladies! Go for it...

I work Sat-Tue, so my "weekend" shopping was last Friday. I bought 2 long scarves at The Gap, 1 long scarf at Nordstrom (I'm into scarves right now), 2 bottles of MAC nail polish (one in Peppermint Patti and one in Dark Angel) and a sleepshirt. But, on Saturday, after work, I went into one of the ski shops here in town and browsed at the 50% off sale. I made off with a white snakeskin print DNA parka that I had been eyeing all season. I also made off with 4 pair of Smartwool knee socks, because I can never have too many socks :rolleyes: I guess if I ever choose a cruise where the temp is never above 30 degrees F, I'll be set!

Does anybody besides me ever try the second-hand shops? We have a couple of WONDERFUL ones near the town I live in and today I think I hit the jackpot! I went to try on a cute brown, 2-piece halter dress (cocktail) but couldn't squeeze my fat *&^% into it but did find a fantastic travel knit suit (pants and one-button jacket) for $6.50! Then I found the oddest pair of gold, lucite and rhinestone shoes for $3.50. They are just strange enough to be cute :D

When I went to check out the suit was half off so my total spree was $9.75 and I am continuing my goal of reducing, reusing and recycling.

Yay!

Yep, I learned recently that great bargains can be found. I bought a nice formal gown for $6.50 at a thrift shop. I had never looked for anything beyond the baby clothes that we get to support a local charity...boy was I surprised.

got 6 pcs of Chicos, and 2 similar for $36. Check out any Catholic Church thrift shop. mine rocks!..Talbots, Kaspar Woman, and lots of others.. I have a very good eye for quality, style, and condition of garments. I usually dont pay more that $6, mostly $3/$4 for great deals. Got my pal a pair of blk carwash pts for $2bux for our Sept cruze.I go thru Talahassee, Tampa, Clearwater, St Pete, and Jax'ville for great buys when on the road. I also hit the jackpot for older gently used evening bags that i refurb to match my tops. I'm up to 53 of them now! I have 2 that are over 100 yrs old, one from my Sr Prom, and the 60's on up..

got 6 pcs of Chicos, and 2 similar for $36. Check out any Catholic Church thrift shop. mine rocks!..Talbots, Kaspar Woman, and lots of others.. I have a very good eye for quality, style, and condition of garments. I usually dont pay more that $6, mostly $3/$4 for great deals. Got my pal a pair of blk carwash pts for $2bux for our Sept cruze.I go thru Talahassee, Tampa, Clearwater, St Pete, and Jax'ville for great buys when on the road. I also hit the jackpot for older gently used evening bags that i refurb to match my tops. I'm up to 53 of them now! I have 2 that are over 100 yrs old, one from my Sr Prom, and the 60's on up..

Wow! LuckyCruzer you are my HERO!!:D:D:D

I've been busted too!

I got two cocktail dresses at Ross last weekend. A black and white one and a pink one for under $20 each. :eek: Then I got the cutest shoes to go with, got a silver sparkly pair for the pink dress and a sleek black pair with little bows for the blk/wht dress both less than $20. :D

This weekend I went to sam moon and got two cute necklace and earring sets to match the dresses. :p

if you do not have any thrift stores near...Try an area with heavy military,also our base has it's own, college, or state capitols..even if you have to make a day trip..Google,,,call for what day they have 50%..or any %..off.."happy hours"..sale days, open/close hours..wear easy on/off stuff/shoes...and take heels/under garments for the try-ons. When I drive to moms..400 miles south..I know all of them to hit, plus any outlet stores.

:(sigh...I'm driving 2 hrs to Pittsburgh this weekend to shop at our nearest Macys and some of the better clothing stores. When we lived outside of Boston we had so much choice! Now I am so shopping deprived. One year I flew to Jax just to shop with my BFF for a week:eek:

Woo Hoo!! Today I finally found my exercise capris I want to wear on all our excursions. They are the special fabric that dries quickly. Got them at a great price too.

I don't want to wear a swimsuit on our excursions until we are ready to just chill on the beach. Too active for a swimsuit, so I thought those would be great.

Archived