Weekend purchases?

cruzisme

no Dillards up here in Canada, but I hear it has the best sales!

off topic a touch: with the recession happening, are the stores having a lot of sales in comparison to previous years? are the stores still bringing in a lot of new stock?

I work in sales up here and have noticed a slight decline in sales (ladies' fashions). the customers are more discerning and watchful of their credit card usage.

Alot of our stores in the Albany New York area have had sales. I have been surprised at the sales that Chicos has had. Kohls as usual has had alot of sales. I just had received a 30% off coupon to be used on anything in the store. I've been to several stores lately where their sale prices really didn't seem to be as good as other stores & it showed becasue they weren't busy.

My husband and I are leaving for our first cruise this Friday! Needless to say, I've been shopping shopping shopping for the past couple of weekends.

This weekend we purchased new luggage at Marshall's - 2 Samsonite spinners (29"/24") for 60% off ($109 & $79) and a regular Samsonite 29" for $65. I also squeezed in a BCBG dress for 50% off and lots of new vacation sleepwear...some nice and some on the naughtier side at Century 21.

I think that may be it for our shopping - until we actual deaprt for our vacation of course...

Yay discount shopping! Yay cruising! Yay almost vacation! :)

Okay I'm not a K-mart shopper but yesterday, I ran in to get a paint pan and what did they have? All winter sweaters and tops marked down to $1.99. I spent $30 on a bag full of tops for my cruise, sweaters and even a pair of PJs. I felt like running to the car like I stole something!

$260 pale teal 100% silk Jones New York suit at Ross for $45 and a pair of $80 black Nina evening shoes for $9.99 at another store. Neither of which I was shopping for but you have to buy it when you see it. Seems like everytime I HAVE to have something for an occassion I can't find it at any price so I buy "just in case".;)

Okay I'm not a K-mart shopper but yesterday, I ran in to get a paint pan and what did they have? All winter sweaters and tops marked down to $1.99. I spent $30 on a bag full of tops for my cruise, sweaters and even a pair of PJs. I felt like running to the car like I stole something!

You did !!!!!:eek:

Wow, what a steal!!!

Well, this is the last weekend home before I leave:D

I fly to Miami one week from TODAY:)

I am going to start packing this weekend....as for buying something

else? I won't ever say never;)

Just ordered my packing cubes. 6 total.

I can't wait till they arrive.

What are packing cubes?

I've been doing a little shopping here & there. Just got another pair of cute shoes off ebay...I'm sure I have something that will match them. LOL! Plan to hit some stores this weekend while out shopping for the Easter Bunny. ;)

What are packing cubes?

I've been doing a little shopping here & there. Just got another pair of cute shoes off ebay...I'm sure I have something that will match them. LOL! Plan to hit some stores this weekend while out shopping for the Easter Bunny. ;)

Packing cubes are "bags" of different sizes that you can pack your clothes in. Then you can stack the cubes in your luggge. Helps with organization, making more room, wrinkles. Plus, you can pull out just what you need and not make a big mess trying to get to the item you need on the bottom. LOL

http://www.shefinds.com/blog/images/uploads/PackingCubes.jpeg

Did any of you ladies go shopping this weekend?

If yes, what did you buy?

for myself, I bought 2 cuff bracelets, about 1 1/2 inches wide, one in black/silver and the other turquoise/silver. Just for fun and to update for the spring/summer coming.

however, being in Vancouver, we have a touch of snow (yikes:eek:) again. and it is mid March!

Another black dress , had to Alfred sung at Zellers and it was made for me, plus I am having surgery in 2 weeks and I deserve it

today I bought a cute cobalt blue sweater, vee neck and 3/4 length sleeve (77% cotton makeup) haven't worn my new sheath (previously posted) dress but it does look cute in my closet! when it warms up, it will get worn.:)

I bought a cute summer dress at the Anne Taylor outlet. It's the first actual dress (not 2 pieces) that I have bought in years. I also brought some linen pants at Saks Off Fifth for $56 reduced from $135. I'm trying to start acquiring things for our Hong Kong to Athens cruise in 2010. Even though we live in the South, I do not spend a lot of time outdoors during the summer so I need some very lightweight cottons and linens for the hot weather I am sure we will encounter.

Every time I go shopping, I am in "cruise mode" I have a whole closet full of things I take on our cruises. MOst of it I don't wear at home. I love to shop for cruise clothes. Always looking for a bargain. Best time is from mid-summer on, since that is the best time to find the "summer outfits" at their best bargain prices.

I saw your post and then happened to be near a Kmart yesterday. I went in and looked for the $1.99 rack and found a very dressy pair of pants!! I told my hubby that if I just wore them once I would feel like I got my moneys worth.

THANKS!

We are starting our Fall/Winter shopping (reverse season). Just got some neat things-

2 wraps-one black , one dove gray

1 pair plaid trousers (small brown/blck check)

Navy cardigan (chunky knit-really cute)

3 pairs flats (navy , black , pewter)

1 pair red suede loafers

I am so bad!

Kim

The quest is on to find my daughter a couple of dresses...it can take months and she doesn't like to go shopping with me :rolleyes: Since I work at the mall I go after work, pick up a few dresses and bring them home for her to try on. So yesterday, I bought her 6 dresses at Macy's, all on sale plus an extra 15% off, she didn't like any of them.

The good thing was that I found myself a dress, originally $89, marked down to $28. It's a daytime dress, not a formal or cocktail dress, but I love it!

Other than that, Macy's was having a gift with purchase, I bought some blush and lipstick and a couple of the samples will be great for my travel bag.

OMG...I leave on Wednesday and I went shopping today again.

Not sure what is what:eek: but I have to say, I have been on a search

for the perfect top to match my black skirt. Thought I found

something last weekend in Steinmart.....but today I REALLY

found the perfect top.

I still like the one from Steinmart but the one I bought today...

well I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT:D...any of you gals know the tops

made by a company called B.L.E.U. ? They are wonderful

colors with a silky/satiny feel to them. They look like paintings

and the colors are fantastic. This one is shades of purples....I absolutely

LOVE IT:)

When I tried this on, 2 other gals in the dressing room area

told me it looked terrific on as well:Dand so THAT is what I am

wearing on formal night with my skirt.

I will take pictures;)

I also got a new bathing suit! Its a Jantzen....forgot how

good they fit! Its a one piece, tropical print...with gathering

in the center area that has a silver o-ring...thins my middle

area out. TJ MAXX....25 bucks!!!! (that hardware sort of gathers the suit

to the rightside).

I came home and started to pack..will finish that tomorrow!

I had a busy shopping day.

Nordstrom - sparkly headband

Victoria's Secret - panties and fun glitter eyeliner

Macys - Clinique bonus time - bronzer, foundation, and face soap

Sephora - two gel eyeliners (went to a make-up class last weekend and learned how to apply it...don't even want to do pencils now!), luminating powder, lip balm, and lipstick

Kohls - flip flops

DSW - cute pair of shoes for my formal dresses

Walgreens - Neutrogena self-tanner so I don't scare people with my whiteness on my cruise next week, my fake toenails (I always get so many compliments on them), razors

I think I should be set for the cruise next week and the weddings I have this summer.

Both DH and I are under the weather this weekend - a cough/sore throat thing- so my shopping has been online. I ordered some polos in summer colors from Lands End for DH ($2.50 off apiece plus I got free shipping) and a nice lightweight white cardigan for me from Talbot's online outlet. I'm still checking sites for other bargains.

Oh wow, I forgot I did get a really cute watch:)

Its a red band, in a bangle style. Silvertone bezel and very cute!

And I need to get some new mascara...I forgot to do that today:eek:

Archived