Best Hotel in Miami?

mmovme

So I have a cruise coming up in May and i wanna book a hotel

i want something nice but not too expensive

i dont wanna be at a howard johnson or anything

also i would like something somewhat close or a place that at least has free shuttle service to the pier

also i would like something somewhat close or a place that at least has free shuttle service to the pier

I have (as others have) had very good experiences using Priceline.com. Learn how to use it, and you should get a very nice hotel at discounted prices.

my dd and I stayed at Intercontinental and loved it...call them closer to the cruise and ask for their absolute cheapest rate...that is what I did and got it for 250/night...best beds...felt safe...easy walk to Bayside...

no offense but IMO I wont stay in a Holiday Inn...they differ so drastically from one review to the other and I have had bad experiences at some of them...

no offense but IMO I wont stay in a Holiday Inn...they differ so drastically from one review to the other and I have had bad experiences at some of them...

The OP didn't want expensive, which is why I recommended the Holiday Inn, which friends of ours have used at Bayside and loved. It's nice that you go the Intercontinental for $250 so it's up to the OP to decide if he/she thinks that's reasonable or expensive in his world.

Stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott Downtown Miami in January. It's a few blocks from the main drag by the port area and we walked to the marketplace for dinner. They have a shuttle to the port but you must register for it.

The OP didn't want expensive, which is why I recommended the Holiday Inn, which friends of ours have used at Bayside and loved. It's nice that you go the Intercontinental for $250 so it's up to the OP to decide if he/she thinks that's reasonable or expensive in his world.

wow! the holiday inn was/is 209 (current rate for 3/22) and intercontinental was 250 and that was higher than I could have gotten it on priceline...not a bad price for a 5* hotel...sorry I didn't agree with your opinion...

wow! the holiday inn was 209 (current rate for 3/22) and intercontinental was 250 and that was higher than I could have gotten it on priceline...not a bad price for a 5* hotel...sorry I didn't agree with your opinion...

My apologies. Last time we looked at the HI, it was $129.

You don't say what your exact date in May is but easclicktravel has great rates for the Intercontinental. I randomly checked a couple of dates and they were advertising $129. per night. Check out their website for your exact date.

The two best reasonably priced downtown hotels are the Intercontinental and the Hyatt (a couple of blocks away), but also check out the Wave Hotel on South Beach--a much more interesting area to stay in than downtown Miami.

Les

I have travelled to Miami a lot for work. The Intercontinental is my favorite hotel. I've heard here on CC that people can get fantastic rates on Priceline or similar sites. In January 09 we stayed at the Hyatt Regency, it was a few blocks from the Intercontinental. It is a great property and the staff is super friendly. From both of these hotels I have taken a cab to the Port of Miami, not sure if they have shuttles.

I've also stayed in South Beach. I tend to stay in Miami before a cruise, though I will head over to South Beach for dinner & nightlife the evening before. I just love waking up a few short blocks from the Port.

Have a great cruise.

p.s., The Intercontinental is very different from the Continental Hotel. The latter is a rat trap.

We have been very successful using Priceline.com to reserve our hotel rooms in Miami and have paid as little as $40 a night and as much as $115 a night for Marriott Biscayne Bay, Hilton Miami, and Hyatt Regency. Our most recent successes have cost $65/night. Prices will vary considerably according to the dates you wish to reserve a room so YMMV.:)

You don't say what your exact date in May is but easclicktravel has great rates for the Intercontinental. I randomly checked a couple of dates and they were advertising $129. per night. Check out their website for your exact date.

went to easyclicktravel

cost me $150 after taxes

thankyou and everyone else for all your help

Stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott Downtown Miami in January. It's a few blocks from the main drag by the port area and we walked to the marketplace for dinner. They have a shuttle to the port but you must register for it.

We are staying at the Courtyard Marriott next month..got it on priceline for $105.00..what did you think of the hotel? Was the rooms nice..and could you see the ships from the hotel.

Thanks, Sheila

We just stayed at Marriot Biscayne Bay. Great location, great room. Well worth it. Got a great deal through the national motor club, you know the one that has an additional letter of Alcoholic Anonymous.

1520464895_Miami001.jpg.cae469c14e49537f950622b6bbd88934.jpg

1676934627_Miami002.jpg.5a719e78e263ed67c75b31781d674113.jpg

840483196_Miami018.jpg.6445a2cb9c5c89d8e988f576080ce512.jpg

1591474644_Miami019_edited-1.jpg.b152dfb854b7d7aa71f05b37cb16f963.jpg

went to easyclicktravel

cost me $150 after taxes

thankyou and everyone else for all your help

Great Job and great price!!! But don't forget if the price should go down on easyclicktravel than call them up and tell them and they will lower the price. I have done this several times with easyclicktravel.

Love the InterContinental and I hope you will too.

Laura

pre cruise, we stayed at the Ritz on south beach, which was very nice, right near Lincoln and close to Ocean, lots of eating places to choose from, and not too far from the port (only about 10-15 mins cab ride away)

Has anyone stayed at the Embassy Suites Miami-International Airport? I booked a two room suite with complimentary two-hour happy hour, complimentary cooked to order breakfast and a shuttle ride for 4 people for $230.

Thoughts/Suggestions? I'm a little nervous now

The Holiday Inn Bayside is pretty reasonably priced, clean and very close to the pier. There is also pretty good nightlife options within easy walking distance. However, I not recommend those free shuttles. They can be worse then the cruiseline shuttles to & from the airport. we always see 10's if not 100's of people waiting I know for a 1/2 or more in front of the hotel for that mini-shuttle bus to take them to the port. All the while a cab can immediately take you to the pier for a few bucks and no wait at all. I value an hour of my time a lot more than saving 10 bucks on a cab ride.

Just my $0.02.;)

Archived