Laundromat?

MOOKIE544

We'll be on the Star Princess (first time cruisers) and want know if there's a laundromat on board (where we can wash our own clothes)? If so, how much does it cost?

Yes, check the deck plans and they will show where the nearest one to your stateroom is located. Washers, dryers (usually $1 for each on most ships) and irons and ironing boards (complimentary for your use in the self service laundry rooms). Enjoy!

They are self-serve and often very busy during the day. I've found that the best time to do my laundry is later in the afternoon, around 4:30pm and I'm done by 6pm. When I've gone at that time, I've never had to wait for a washer or dryer.

There are machines in the laundry that will make change but if they are out of change, you can always go to the Pursar's Desk. Also, laundry soap is extra... I believe $1. You can either buy it from a machine in the laundry room or from the ship's store. You may want to bring dryer sheets.

You don't state which itinerary you are on... be advised that on Inside Passage routes in Alaska you will not be able to use the laundry facilities until you leave Alaskan waters...basically day six of a seven day cruise. :(

You don't state which itinerary you are on... be advised that on Inside Passage routes in Alaska you will not be able to use the laundry facilities until you leave Alaskan waters...basically day six of a seven day cruise. :(
This is true of any itinerary where you cruise inland passages or protected waters, such as the Chilean fjords, Antarctica, Norwegian fjords, etc. It's not just Alaska.

Hand wash in the sink. I always bring a little detergent with us.

Pam

I really appreciate your cruise experience so here is a question for you; also we are both on the 13 day Crown July 19th British Isle cruise--are the waters for this cruise considered protected? Will we be able to do laundry if the need comes up? My last question might sem silly but--since the ship will be in British waters most of the time, do the laundry machines still take quarters for payment :confused:

Thanks

We'll be on the Star Princess (first time cruisers) and want know if there's a laundromat on board (where we can wash our own clothes)? If so, how much does it cost?

We were on the Coral Princess a month ago. Both washer and dryer took $1.50 per load. They use quarters and the dryer even dries Levis for the $1.50. Won't have to add more money, they run quite awhile. They do sell soap and dryer sheets also, but I had taken a small zip lock with detergent so did not have to buy any. Never had a problem getting a washer and dryer. Iron and ironing board free and were two in the room. Very nice laundry rooms.

Hi,

I lived in Vancouver for years and never heard of any ship doing the Inside Passage whose pax were not being allowed to use the laundry.

So which brilliant (in their own mind) politician dreamed this one up?

Ciao for now!!!

Archived