Is there Catholic Mass daily?

lovebug33

I thought I'd read that, but I can't find that information again! If it is, is there a priest or is it a lay service? We'll probably miss Sunday mass because we will be in Anchorage and DH would like to have mass on ship the next day! TIA!

I thought I'd read that, but I can't find that information again! If it is, is there a priest or is it a lay service? We'll probably miss Sunday mass because we will be in Anchorage and DH would like to have mass on ship the next day! TIA!

The 2 cruises I was on there was daily Mass. And, from what I've read, that still continues. It really is special.

Usually in the Wajang Theatre Culinary Centre

That's on the S- and R-class ships, and the Prinsendam. On the Vista ships and the E-dam daily Mass is in the Hudson and Half Moon Rooms. Sunday Mass is usually in the Queens Lounge.

In general, Mass is held at 5:00 PM on port days :), and 8:00 AM on sea days :eek:.

That's on the S- and R-class ships, and the Prinsendam. On the Vista ships and the E-dam daily Mass is in the Hudson and Half Moon Rooms. Sunday Mass is usually in the Queens Lounge.

In general, Mass is held at 5:00 PM on port days :), and 8:00 AM on sea days :eek:.

On the Noordam in Dec, Sunday Mass was in the Vista Lounge and during the week it was frequently in the Queen's Lounge. Maybe that's because there's more attendance during advent?? :)

On the Noordam in Dec, Sunday Mass was in the Vista Lounge and during the week it was frequently in the Queen's Lounge. Maybe that's because there's more attendance during advent?? :)

Maybe. Maybe the other rooms were booked for other events.

On the Noordam on Super Bowl Sunday the Queens Lounge was going to be used to show the game, so Sunday Mass was held in the Hudson/Half Moon rooms. It was terribly crowded, with people standing everywhere they could pack in.

When I was on the E-dam it was held in the Queens Lounge for Sunday Mass, and a couple of daily Masses. The daily Mass was usually in the meeting rooms, though.

It's funny, but, the daily mass on HAL is one of the things I really look forward to when I'm booking my cruise. Not sure why, as I rarely, if ever, attend daily mass at home. They always seem to have such wonderful priests. And there's just such a wonderful feeling of community. It adds tremendously to my trips.

It's funny, but, the daily mass on HAL is one of the things I really look forward to when I'm booking my cruise. Not sure why, as I rarely, if ever, attend daily mass at home. They always seem to have such wonderful priests. And there's just such a wonderful feeling of community. It adds tremendously to my trips.

I echo your sentiments. Thanks to HAL for giving us this opportunity.

Thanks for the info! DH will be happy. We went on Princess the week before Christmas a few years back and DH really wanted to go to Mass, it being the last Sunday of Advent and all. Well, there was no Catholic priest, so we went to the non-denominational service, which was a member of the band cautioning us to keep the devil at bay by not drinking (he went on for FORTY minutes). It was all DH and I could do not to laugh hysterically because he was so passionate about us not drinking (we don't) and we couldn't leave because we were the only ones at the service! Needless to say, we vowed to only go to services that were Catholic from then on out because at least we knew what we'd be up against and we wouldn't lose 40 minutes of our cruise to be told not to drink!

Roz - they have curtains that are pulled, so you don't see the kitchen. Mass times and locations are always listed in the daily program, as the do't always follow the 8 & 5 rule, and locations are sometimes used for other activities. Last summer we got "bumped" from the theater and the 5 PM time for a couple of movies.

Debbie,

The curtains weren't pulled on the Volendam back in Nov., 2006. I kid you not, Father was standing there with a Mixmaster and microwave behind him!

Beebob,

Dress is the same as casual dinner.

Roz

Debbie,

Beebob,

Dress is the same as casual dinner.

Roz

If the mass is held at 5 pm on a formal night, most people with early fixed seating will attend mass in their formal duds. You might see anything from shorts to gowns, depending on what people are doing before/after the mass.

Mass times and locations are always listed in the daily program, as the do't always follow the 8 & 5 rule, and locations are sometimes used for other activities. Last summer we got "bumped" from the theater and the 5 PM time for a couple of movies.

It's lots of fun when the room is double-booked. At least twice that I can remember a movie was scheduled for the same time/place as Mass.

Now, if they're showing The Ten Commandments, I suppose it would work. ;)

Hate to ask but what is the dress attire for mass :confused: Sometimes I think it is best to stand off and watch. Then if you are comfortable by all means go in.

Dress code is pretty much what you want (I would refrain from a bathing suit or your robe :eek:), but most dress in what they're going to wear to dinner if Mass is at 5, or casual attire. I am a firm believer in showing respect when I go to Mass by dressing a bit nicer than if I were shopping, but truthfully, I'd rather see someone go to Mass than hang back because they're wearing shorts. I live at a shore town and people wear shorts to Mass all summer long!

Archived