How early to book shore tours?

OverTheTop

In September this year we will be on our first ever cruise. One of our ports is Noumea. We are interested in the Amadee Island Tour and from what I've read here it is a must do. It seems to be popular choice. How early can I book it? Can I book and pay for it now? If it becomes available on a certain date how quickly is it snapped up? I have read somewhere not to do it privately as it returns later (is this accurate? are there any differences). Is there any benefit to waiting.

Thanks,

Angela

P.S. I tried to search but it is like looking for a needle in a haystack!:D

The Amedee Island tour does book out, usually before the cruise departs, but I wouldn't panic this early. If you want to do this tour, I would book a few months ahead of your trip. The cost of the tour will be docked up against your on-board account. :):)

Cheers,

Evon.

In September this year we will be on our first ever cruise. One of our ports is Noumea. We are interested in the Amadee Island Tour and from what I've read here it is a must do. It seems to be popular choice. How early can I book it? Can I book and pay for it now? If it becomes available on a certain date how quickly is it snapped up? I have read somewhere not to do it privately as it returns later (is this accurate? are there any differences). Is there any benefit to waiting.

Thanks,

Angela

Hi Here's a similiar question to yours link http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=942460

Liz

Just make sure that if there are more than one person going on the tour that the prices doesnt go onto the person who books them cruisecard. That happened to us and a few others it was a nightmare to sort out onboard with cancelling then rebooking each individual to be charged on each persons cruisecard.

If there is a particular tour that you especially want do,then book it on line as soon as you can.

If you change your mind you can just cancel before the deadline, which will be published on board.

There is nothing worse that getting on board and going straight to the tour office as soon as it opens only to find that all the good tours are booked out.

I believe this tour is a whole day affair. Check your itinerary to make sure you are in Noumea the WHOLE day before getting too excited.

You'll only be able to book it if it shows up on the shore excursions for your particular cruise.

Good luck and enjoy,

Moira

We are supposed to be there 8am to 5:30pm so I assume that's ok?

Thanks

Angela

hi angela, if you go on the tour with p&o and the tour runs late they will wait for you but if you do it by yourself they wont wait

rkmw

How early? As soon as you see them appear on your cruise persoanliser. They are "published" at about 120 days before departure You can book online and it goes onto your ship account...too easy.

Enjoy the waiting game.

Anna

I'm a bit confused. :confused: Have tried to do this, can you give me some steps? Whereabouts on the Cruise Personalizer? and on line, how?

Sorry to be sooooo thick!!

Kerri

Hi Kerri,

I haven't ever booked the ship's tours because we always organise our own. If you open up the Cruise Personalizer section of the website, on the first page at the top one of the options is 'Shore Tours'. Hope this helps. :):)

Evon.

Hi Evon, well I'm having a really 'thick' moment at this point. Have opened Cruise personalizer, gone upto Shore Tours (which is on every page!), gone into it and looked at tours but can't see where to book!!!!! I know I'm missing something simple!

Kerri

Thanks,

Angela

hi overthe top, our shore tours are available for Noumea and this is what doing for Amadee island tour, it cost $189 PP and it goes from 8.30am to 4.30pm

Amedee Island Marine Reserve

This tiny coral atoll is one of New Caledonia's most renowned island gems. Swim in its crystalline waters and sunbathe on the white-sand beach. View the atoll's colorful coral gardens from a glass-bottom boat. Watch a shark-feeding demonstration and climb the 247 steps to the top of the island's quaint lighthouse.

WHAT YOU VISIT

Amedee Island Marine Reserve - This miniature coral atoll offers white-sand beaches, ample shaded areas, even a children's playground. During your stay, explore the islands colorful coral gardens from a glass bottom boat. Board a launch and cruise into the lagoon to watch a shark feeding. View a Polysnesian folkloric show including fire dance, learn how to tie a pareo (sarong) and see a coconut palm climbing demonstration. Visit Amedee Lighthouse and climb the 247 steps to the top

rkmw

I'm a bit confused. :confused: Have tried to do this, can you give me some steps? Whereabouts on the Cruise Personalizer? and on line, how?

Sorry to be sooooo thick!!

Kerri

Hi Kerri,

I think it is only Princess cruises that can be booked on-line.

I have never seen a bookings for shore tours on the P&O cruise personaliser. We have always received ashore tours booklet and booking forms with our tickets, filled them out and then faxed them to P&O.

They then charged them to our on board cruise account. once on the ship you can also cancel any tour booked with about 24 hours notice.

Also we have booked through P&O direct, so not sure if booklets and booking forms are also with your tickets to you if you book with a T/A.

Hi Kerri,

I have never seen a bookings for shore tours on the P&O cruise personaliser. We have always received ashore tours booklet and booking forms with our tickets, filled them out and then faxed them to P&O.

They then charged them to our on board cruise account. once on the ship you can also cancel any tour booked with about 24 hours notice.

Also we have booked through P&O direct, so not sure if booklets and booking forms are also with your tickets to you if you book with a T/A.

Hi all,

we sail in 4 weeks on Pacific Sun and this is how we too did it.. When the Blue folder arrived so did the shore tours info with booking form.. Just had to fax it off and had confirmation of these bookings back from T/A confirmed by P&O in 24 hours, we booked tours within a week of getting our tickets and the tickets arrived 60+ days out from cruising.

Cheers

Sonia

Thanks everyone for the tips. I am now even more excited, just want to book it now so I don't miss out! Alas will have to wait. I've looked on the cruise personaliser and can't see shore tours either but just thought that we are too far out yet.

It is an expensive tour and we should be right to pay for it (about $1000 for all of us) but if things don't turn out as I think (or it is booked out) they will and we can't go what would you do instead?

Angela

DH & I booked our shore tours via our T/A which was confirmed instantly, before we received our blue folder which also contained booking forms for those that needed to use them.

Just bear in mind that if you are looking in total $1000 as quoted for all of you for a specific tour that the $1000 will be added to the cruise card of the person who has booked the tour & wont be put on every other persons cruise card ie spilt evenly. You will then have to sort it out when onboard. It happened to us. Or you can all go into together and book them seperate. Next time I am going to book mine and DH can book his that way it saves the nightmare on board trying to sort it out with cancelling then rebooking to get on each others cruisecard.

Hi Kerri,

Hi Marg, thanks for the info. I looked and looked and couldn't find anywhere on P&O personaliser to book it :rolleyes: so in the end I phoned P&O and booked it thru them.

I've always faxed the papers previously but because we still don't have our 'blue folder' yet I knew i'd be running out of time to book it via the fax as it seems to book out very quickly.

So all booked now. :D.

Kerri

Hi Marg, thanks for the info. I looked and looked and couldn't find anywhere on P&O personaliser to book it :rolleyes: so in the end I phoned P&O and booked it thru them.

I've always faxed the papers previously but because we still don't have our 'blue folder' yet I knew i'd be running out of time to book it via the fax as it seems to book out very quickly.

So all booked now. :D.

Kerri

Hi Kerri,

Glad to hear you have booked your shore tours. :D

What cruise are you doing?? Can only see you are doing Pride of America in August....:confused:

We have to hurry and decide what tours we want to do in May.....that is if we are going to do any at all.. :rolleyes:

Hi Marg, well I have tried to put our Pacific Dawn cruise on my Signature but it won't work for me. Even posted a new post for it but nothing worked that was suggested. I even thought of starting a new me but decided not to as I'll loose my posts as previously has happened.

We're off on the 16th April on the Pacific Dawn doing the 10 nights Summer Sessions cruise. Notice you're going when we get back into Sydney. We nearly did this one instead.

This is a spur of the moment cruise. We lost a house in the Marysville fires that my DH was building for a client so we thought we'd do a cruise so that when we get back DH is going to be flat chat and we won't get a chance to have a break before we go on the POA in August.

Kerri

Hi Kerri,

I think that there is a cruise in between us......leaving on the 26th April.

Pity we could have looked out for each other, as we will be at the terminal early.:(

So sorry to hear that your husband lost one of his houses in those terrible fires. If he is a builder I can imagine that he would be very busy for a long time rebuilding in those burnt out areas.

Hi Marg, he is expecting to be very busy doing what he can to help out.

Just looked properly and noticed May (also re-read your previous comments and saw it then too!!! lol)

Kerri

Archived