Whow !! 8D AFT WRAPS BALCONY'S ON "THE DREAM" !

mr jailerman

• 11 months later...
Just got back from the Dream today. I was lucky to get the now infamous cabin 9472, booked a few hours after bookings had opened for the Dream.

The never heard a noise from the stairs, the ones shown on Vista deck is the final landing for a crew only stair well. The ones showing on Lido are for getting to deck 11 from Lido (one flight).

Yes, you can hear noise from deck chairs being moved on Lido.

The overhang prevents a lot of sun from shining onto the balcony.

It is a tight squeeze between the wall and the bed if the beds are separated. Still there was enough room, this is coming from a big guy.

I got many pictures of the room and the balcony area (note they were taken with a wide angle lens).

Dream, Cabin 9472 (Cat 8D) pictures

All in all, I would pick this cabin again.

Thanks for posting these pictures.

As for sun--do you get any in the afternoon?

We had an aft (not a wrap) on the Victory and got tons of sun. There was an overhang from the Lido but it just created privacy and did not block the sun.

Thanks so much for the pics.....Is this an emergency door......

Do crew members ever go on your balcony....ahem....would hate to be laying topless....LOL...and have a crew member come say hi:eek:

Thanks

Kerri

Just got back from the Dream today. I was lucky to get the now infamous cabin 9472, booked a few hours after bookings had opened for the Dream.

The never heard a noise from the stairs, the ones shown on Vista deck is the final landing for a crew only stair well. The ones showing on Lido are for getting to deck 11 from Lido (one flight).

It is a tight squeeze between the wall and the bed if the beds are separated. Still there was enough room, this is coming from a big guy.

I got many pictures of the room and the balcony area (note they were taken with a wide angle lens).

Thanks for posting these pictures.

As for sun--do you get any in the afternoon?

We had an aft (not a wrap) on the Victory and got tons of sun. There was an overhang from the Lido but it just created privacy and did not block the sun.

you will not get any sun on this balcony, the overhang extends pretty far.

Thanks so much for the pics.....Is this an emergency door......

Do crew members ever go on your balcony....ahem....would hate to be laying topless....LOL...and have a crew member come say hi:eek:

Thanks

Kerri

It is an electrical access door. We were out there...ahem...doing lots of things...ahem...and had no problem :)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

Anyone have pics of Carnival Dream room 8462 to include the balcony. We initially booked the room because the balcony was said to be longer. This way our kids staying across from us can enjoy a balcony too. Now I am second guessing the room choice???? Appreciate the help and any detailed pics. THANKS!

Stateroom 8462 does have the longer balcony. You can request a lounge chair to be put there. The room might be the same square footage as the other balcony cabins but the layout is different and maybe not as efficient. There will be no sofa there. We've had one of these on a different ship and I don't know if we would get another but a lot of people really like them.

• 2 weeks later...

Just curious Ive heard that being in the aft you can feel the vibration from the engine when docking at ports and its enough to wake someone up at 6:00 in the morning.. Did you feel the vibration at all?

Archived