Whow !! 8D AFT WRAPS BALCONY'S ON "THE DREAM" !

mr jailerman

I will be on the Dream Oct.3rd and I have a 9A on Empress, we have a cabin crawl of all the different cabins including the cove balcony and suites. If you would like I will gladly post pictures of the different rooms. Linda

Definitely - that would be most welcome!

Which 9A are you in on Empress - we will be in 7454 on the 12/3/09 sailing. Looking forward to LOTS of pics very soon : ONLY 4 weeks to go before CC'ers are let loose on the Dream!!!

Tom

I will look forward to your pictures Tom! We have 7459 next June, and judging from past pictures you have posted of cabins, I know you will do a thorough review! Like you I am ANXIOUSLY awaiting the first pictures to hit the boards!

I will look forward to your pictures Tom! We have 7459 next June, and judging from past pictures you have posted of cabins, I know you will do a thorough review! Like you I am ANXIOUSLY awaiting the first pictures to hit the boards!

I will, without a doubt, take plenty of pics!

We tried to get an 8D for our cruise, no luck, but snagged a 9A, actually the same one as Tom (so treat it well) for the 9/11/10 cruise.

According to your signature, deck 7 is the new F deck. Since you are from Vegas (a place that it is good that I DON'T live!) then I guess we could call your balcony a "European Balcony"...

I will take care of that cabin - but I am only responsible for NINE days (wear and tear wise)!

Tom

I will be on the Dream Oct.3rd and I have a 9A on Empress, we have a cabin crawl of all the different cabins including the cove balcony and suites. If you would like I will gladly post pictures of the different rooms. Linda

Thanks Linda !! That would be great :D!! We will be waiting with high hopes :)!! Kurt

Definitely - that would be most welcome!

Which 9A are you in on Empress - we will be in 7454 on the 12/3/09 sailing. Looking forward to LOTS of pics very soon : ONLY 4 weeks to go before CC'ers are let loose on the Dream!!!

Tom

Tom I have cabing 7459 starboard side. I will be sure to take many pictures of the rooms and the ship and post them on photobucket. I will then post the link on CC for anyone that would like to view them. Linda

Tom I have cabing 7459 starboard side. I will be sure to take many pictures of the rooms and the ship and post them on photobucket. I will then post the link on CC for anyone that would like to view them. Linda

Thanks!

Your cruise is RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER. Have a great time!!!!

Tom

• 1 month later...

From John's blog tonight.. (and I am pissed --- that does not occur too frequently)...

Dave (reply please) Asked:

Hi John,

Quick question for you. The deck plans for the dream show the two 9A aft wraps on deck 8 as having full wraps (cabins 8466 and 8473) looking at some hi def pictures I found, it is clear that these cabins are not wraps at all, in fact the cabins “behind” them 8462 and 8469 have wrap balconies.

Now are my eyes deceiving me or is the Carnival deck plan wrong?

John Says:

Hello Dave

WOW – you may be right. I just read this and know I am not sure. Let me contact the ship and see if the balcony divider can be moved or not and what the correct information is. Thanks so much for bringing this to my attention and I hope to post the correct information in the next 24 hours. In fact……….I just received an immediate reply from the ship and this is the story.

According to the Guest Services Manager this was brought up to the ship yard yesterday in a meeting they had as you are correct. They are not wrap around balconies and therefore they are discussing with the shipyard ways to change this. Meanwhile guests who have booked these cabins based are being compensated accordingly. Hopefully this situation is taken care of quickly and I will let you know accordingly.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention

Best wishes

John

Tom

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just off Dream today had cabin 9472 the cabin is the same as pictures posted in the link in the post above. The balcony is a very long wrap but it is very narrow. One window and one door. Completely covered from above so people on lido deck cannot look down.

The room is very small no couch just a table no chair. Only vanity with 3 drawers. Small tv on vanity. At first when I saw the room it looks so small but only 2 of us and we got use 2 it. Both of us could not pass by the bed at the same time. The Balcony is awesome.

Just off Dream today had cabin 9472 the cabin is the same as pictures posted in the link in the post above. The balcony is a very long wrap but it is very narrow. One window and one door. Completely covered from above so people on lido deck cannot look down.

The room is very small no couch just a table no chair. Only vanity with 3 drawers. Small tv on vanity. At first when I saw the room it looks so small but only 2 of us and we got use 2 it. Both of us could not pass by the bed at the same time. The Balcony is awesome.

I just checked out the pics. Is it possible to sit in a chair on the balcony looking out, or is it to narrow for that?

Visited friends who had one of these cabin on our CC cabin crawl. It was still listed as a 9A. Needless to say they weren't happy with the size of the room for the 9A price. There is a long narrow balcony(the same width as the regular balconies) and a smaller section that is the width of the aft balconies. FYI the regular Dream aft balcony rooms are actually bigger than aft balconies on other Carnival ships despite the 185ft description by Carnival.

If those 9A turned 8D rooms are 185 ft I'd be amazed. They are super small. The 1A we visited on Deck 2 was much bigger.

If balcony is your deciding factor these rooms are fine but is you want the be in your room at all. these are really small.

Visited friends who had one of these cabin on our CC cabin crawl. It was still listed as a 9A. Needless to say they weren't happy with the size of the room for the 9A price. There is a long narrow balcony(the same width as the regular balconies) and a smaller section that is the width of the aft balconies. FYI the regular Dream aft balcony rooms are actually bigger than aft balconies on other Carnival ships despite the 185ft description by Carnival.

If those 9A turned 8D rooms are 185 ft I'd be amazed. They are super small. The 1A we visited on Deck 2 was much bigger.

If balcony is your deciding factor these rooms are fine but is you want the be in your room at all. these are really small.

we're all about the balcony. Sometimes we'll even sleep out there :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Everyone and Happy New Year!

If you have had 9472 or 9475 yet, can you please comment about noise? Also, can you see straight down on the side or is there deck beneath? I would like to know from a real person. :)

Also, the set of stairs right there. Are they crew only like on Triumph? Had one of those and it was great. I have been told by CCL that they were crew only, but another post kind of said they were not and never clarified. Could you pop out and go to Deck 10 on them? Ugh! Hope not.

Thanks!

Just got back from the Dream today. I was lucky to get the now infamous cabin 9472, booked a few hours after bookings had opened for the Dream.

The never heard a noise from the stairs, the ones shown on Vista deck is the final landing for a crew only stair well. The ones showing on Lido are for getting to deck 11 from Lido (one flight).

Yes, you can hear noise from deck chairs being moved on Lido.

The overhang prevents a lot of sun from shining onto the balcony.

It is a tight squeeze between the wall and the bed if the beds are separated. Still there was enough room, this is coming from a big guy.

I got many pictures of the room and the balcony area (note they were taken with a wide angle lens).

Dream, Cabin 9472 (Cat 8D) pictures

All in all, I would pick this cabin again.

Just got back from the Dream today. I was lucky to get the now infamous cabin 9472, booked a few hours after bookings had opened for the Dream.

The never heard a noise from the stairs, the ones shown on Vista deck is the final landing for a crew only stair well. The ones showing on Lido are for getting to deck 11 from Lido (one flight).

Yes, you can hear noise from deck chairs being moved on Lido.

The overhang prevents a lot of sun from shining onto the balcony.

It is a tight squeeze between the wall and the bed if the beds are separated. Still there was enough room, this is coming from a big guy.

I got many pictures of the room and the balcony area (note they were taken with a wide angle lens).

Dream, Cabin 9472 (Cat 8D) pictures

All in all, I would pick this cabin again.

WOW!! You did good!!!!!! Thanks so much for the great pictures. You got everything our "inquiring minds" want to see.

Welcome back to reality!!! Thanks again!!!!

Archived