Best dishes at Chops and Portofino

gdpups

It seems like everyone orders the steak or seafood skewer at Portofino or Chops and I only seem to hear about the Tiramasu or Sampler at Portofino as well. What about all the other dishes and desserts the two restaurants offer??? I've never read from anyone that they've tried things like the veal.

Which salads, etc., etc. are good.

I'm on the Serenade in 1 week and have the Murder Mystery Dinner plus 2 nights at Chops and 2 nights at Portofinos so I need tips on what to order!!!

My mouth is watering!!!

If you like shrimp, the shrimp cocktail at Chops is quite good - very large shrimp (about 3x-4x the size of those in MDR) and a spicy cocktail sauce. I even ordered this for dessert (as I do not like typical desserts and everybody else at my table ordered dessert).

We ate at Chops. We both had the filet and it was cooked perfectly. The side dishes are interesting - served family style. The baked potato is enormous. We really liked the spiced corn.

The MudSlide at Chops was fantastic. Mmm. This is making me want dessert. :o

At Portofino I have had the filet, veal and both are very good. There is a salad also that I just love but I do not know the name of it. It has pecans in it. That is a must to order for me.

Laura

Love this salad to......:)

INSALATA DI PERE E GORGONZOLA

Mesclun greens, crumbled Gorgonzola, slices of crisp pears and

roasted candied walnuts, served with house dressing

Thats it!!! I love this salad! Thanks for the name.

Laura

THe Lamb at Chops is the best I've had ANYWHERE! I've had it on the Mariner and on the Jewel and it was wonderful on both. It's so good that I never order anything else now.....

AND to show how good it is....I don't eat lamb at all on dry land.....

My husband had the veal at Portofino and loved it. The risotto with tiger shrimp is really good too. So is the pasta with mushrooms.

We sail on Serenade in two weeks and are going back to Portofino and trying Chops for the first time.

I have only had the filet in Chops cuz its so good I dont want to try anything else. Hubby loves the lamb, we order every side on the menu, and they line them up in the middle of the table so there is almost no room for wine glasses. I eat more that night then any other time any where.

This is what I had at Portofino's when we were on the Mariner, I started with the Insalata di Pere & Gorgonzola, a pasta dish and an out of this world Grilled Seafood Skewer to end with a delicious dessert of Tiramisu. At Chops the Portabella Asparagus started off the meal, followed by the Chops salad and then the Filet Mignon for the main course. A delicious dessert of Croissant Pudding Pie followed. Both of these meals were wonderful!!

It seems like everyone orders the steak or seafood skewer at Portofino or Chops and I only seem to hear about the Tiramasu or Sampler at Portofino as well. What about all the other dishes and desserts the two restaurants offer??? I've never read from anyone that they've tried things like the veal.

Which salads, etc., etc. are good.

I'm on the Serenade in 1 week and have the Murder Mystery Dinner plus 2 nights at Chops and 2 nights at Portofinos so I need tips on what to order!!!

My mouth is watering!!!

The pork shank at Chops is soooooooooooo good !:D Enjoy

My husband had the lobster bisque at chops and loved it. I had the pork that came with a balsamic glaze and it was really good.

At Portofino, I loved the salad that was mentioned earlier. I also loved the mushroom ribbon pasta they serve.

Mmmmmmmm... does that sound good! You sold me. I love gorgonzola. You could put it on my key board and I'd probably consider it a good appetizer!

I had the lamb loin at Chops last year and it was fantastic. I would definitely get it again, because I am not able to get lamb very often! We had the shrimp cocktail as an appetizer.. I was skeptical based on the shrip served in the main dining room, but was pleased with the size and flavor of the shrimp in the shrimp cocktail.... they were quite large! The baked potato was large also. Also had the mushrooms... we love mushrooms so this is always a great side dish for us, no matter where we go. I don't think we have ever had dessert here.

At Portofinos.... I've had the pasta with mushrooms twice, and loved it both times. The seafood skewer was good, as was the Ceasar salad... pretty sure the sampler dessert here includes small portions of all four of the other desserts? I don't like chocolate or tiramasu, but enjoyed my sampler portion of the pistachio panna cotta. I didn't really like the apricot-ricotta tart. I remember my husband commenting that the chocolate cake was very rich.

Archived