Az. Journey - Stateroom cat 04

ItalianGuest

Dear experienced cruisers,

I'm looking for a cabin on deck four, probably cat 04, and would like to know which is the best one ( the biggest and quiet ) according to you... or eventually those to avoid ( for noise, position or size )!:confused:

from 4016 to 4056

Thanks in advance and regards from Italy,:)

ItalianGuest

I'm looking for a cabin on deck four, probably cat 04, and would like to know which is the best one ( the biggest and quiet ) according to you... or eventually those to avoid ( for noise, position or size )!:confused:

from 4016 to 4056

ItalianGuest

All Picture window cabins are exactly the same size..stay toward the middle of the ship about 4052 dont go to far back as the medical center is there and there is usually a line early in the morning might be talking in the hallway..

Jancruz1

from 4016 to 4056

ItalianGuest

We were in 4040 last September - Best of Italy cruise- and it was perfect!!! Convenient to everything -no noises or motion problems at all. Highly recommend it

Sunny southern California

We started in room :mad:4033:mad: and were awakened each night with a sound the staff could not find. After 4 nights I told them to either get me another room or fly us home. To make a long story short we stayed in 5 rooms on a 12 day cruise. After a private meeting with the upper staff we resolved our issues and would still cruise on this ship again...Just not in room :mad:4033:mad:.....Later all....

We started in room :mad:4033:mad: and were awakened each night with a sound the staff could not find. After 4 nights I told them to either get me another room or fly us home. To make a long story short we stayed in 5 rooms on a 12 day cruise. After a private meeting with the upper staff we resolved our issues and would still cruise on this ship again...Just not in room :mad:4033:mad:.....Later all....

Dear Youbid,

thank you for your reply.

One more question: was the problem just for room 4033 or for a bigger area? I take an option for 4031 !!! :eek:

CIAO

ItalianGuest

I'd like to hear your long story. We've been on cruises in the past on other lines where we had to change cabins one time due to strange unidentified noises but your story sounds interesting.

To answer your questions. Room 4033 was in my opinion in the perfect location. The issue was a loud sound coming from overhead each night starting around 10PM and ran until 2AM. It sounded like a shopping cart with a flat spot on the wheel being rolled over & over & over the ceiling. It would last from 20 seconds to 15 minutes. The staff heard the sound and tried to find it with no luck. So they gave us another room at 11:30PM we entered the new room and went to bed only to find the airconditioning did not work so at 3AM I am at the hotel desk, again. They give us another room, at 3:45AM we climb into bed only to be awakened before 7AM by the room steward. YES we should have put out the DO NOT DISTURB sign but as you can guess we were a tad bit tired. Keep in mind these rooms were only for sleeping and all our belongings were still in room 4033. So now they find a 4th room where we can move all our stuff, for two nights only, because this room is for the entertainers that were boarding midcruise. Finally they place us on the 7th floor where we move all our stuff again for the remaining 4 nights. So thats a total of 5 rooms. Was I alittle upset, you bet. I made an appointment with the hotel director and we came to a mutual agreement or settlement if you like. As I stated before I would still cruise on Journey again even with this mishap. This was our 31st cruise and the first time I had anything like this happen. Could this have been handled better, perhaps. The hotel director asked me what I would like him to do? I told him if it were me I would hand out 3 pink slips to the desk staff. The 3 that worked the day shift were not very useful in resolving my issue. Only the hotel manager and 1 person that worked the night shift seemed to care. I don't recall his name but he was about 5'7", thin with wavy hair and maybe a French accent, he was very helpful. So thats what happened....Enjoy your cruise as we usually do....Bye all....

For the first time in 20 cruises booking a guarantee didn't get us an upgrade. We have been assigned a handicapped cabin on Journey, level 4 in a similar location to the one being discussed here. I'd love to hear from anyone who has stayed in this cabin near the medical center. We have no needs which necessitated such a cabin and I'm sure it will be just fine but I'm curious still.

To answer your questions. Room 4033 was in my opinion in the perfect location. The issue was a loud sound coming from overhead each night starting around 10PM and ran until 2AM. It sounded like a shopping cart with a flat spot on the wheel being rolled over & over & over the ceiling. It would last from 20 seconds to 15 minutes. The staff heard the sound and tried to find it with no luck. So they gave us another room at 11:30PM we entered the new room and went to bed only to find the airconditioning did not work so at 3AM I am at the hotel desk, again. They give us another room, at 3:45AM we climb into bed only to be awakened before 7AM by the room steward. YES we should have put out the DO NOT DISTURB sign but as you can guess we were a tad bit tired. Keep in mind these rooms were only for sleeping and all our belongings were still in room 4033. So now they find a 4th room where we can move all our stuff, for two nights only, because this room is for the entertainers that were boarding midcruise. Finally they place us on the 7th floor where we move all our stuff again for the remaining 4 nights. So thats a total of 5 rooms. Was I alittle upset, you bet. I made an appointment with the hotel director and we came to a mutual agreement or settlement if you like. As I stated before I would still cruise on Journey again even with this mishap. This was our 31st cruise and the first time I had anything like this happen. Could this have been handled better, perhaps. The hotel director asked me what I would like him to do? I told him if it were me I would hand out 3 pink slips to the desk staff. The 3 that worked the day shift were not very useful in resolving my issue. Only the hotel manager and 1 person that worked the night shift seemed to care. I don't recall his name but he was about 5'7", thin with wavy hair and maybe a French accent, he was very helpful. So thats what happened....Enjoy your cruise as we usually do....Bye all....

What an adventure !!!

I'm sorry for your bad experience.

I wish you It will never happen again. (Sorry for my bad English!)

Ciao

ItalianGuest

Hi

We were in room 4020, opposite the medical centre, and never heard any noise whatsoever. People sat in the waiting area inside the medical centre.

We would very happily stay in 4020 again - it was a lovely stateroom.

Lynne :)

Many thanks!

So, no problem with medical centre... wow!

Ciao

ItalianGuest

We were in 4050 on the Quest, and loved everything about the location. It was very quiet - never heard anything from outside. Unless I want a balcony next time, I'll get a cabin close to this one for sure!

MC

Thank you very much!

Ciao ItalianGuest

PS

I love MONTREAL ! It's a wonderful city...:rolleyes:

Archived