Celebration Post Cancer Treatment Cruise

I'm so excited to be cruising after a year of nausea, metal mouth, numb fingers & toes and no hair. Look out Grandeur - a wild happy woman with a new head of hair is coming soon.:)

Oh my goodness what an awful time you have had - congratulations on coming through it. Have a great cruise you really deserve it

Way to go Buckeyefan! I know what you mean. We had to cancel two of our scheduled cruises - one for New Year's Eve on the Independence and a cruise of a lifetime - a back to back from Australia/New Zealand to Hawaii. I'm over the hump of chemo and going through radiation - still worried if my hair will grow back.

We booked a February 09 cruise on the Oasis and like you - I plan to really celebrate.

So go out there and enjoy - you deserve it big time.

BuckEye Fan, I wish you all the very best and have a wonderful cruise. My sister has been going through the same thing for over a year now, and has told me about the notorious "metal mouth" and all the arduous treatments. I salute you for having the courage to go through it. You have really earned this cruise. I wear SUsan G Komen Fight for the Cure pink every Monday in my sister's honor and I will think of you too every time I do the "wearing of the pink."

I'm so excited to be cruising after a year of nausea, metal mouth, numb fingers & toes and no hair. Look out Grandeur - a wild happy woman with a new head of hair is coming soon.:)

Congrats on your progress. Enjoy your well earned vacation.

Way to go Buckeyefan! I know what you mean. We had to cancel two of our scheduled cruises - one for New Year's Eve on the Independence and a cruise of a lifetime - a back to back from Australia/New Zealand to Hawaii. I'm over the hump of chemo and going through radiation - still worried if my hair will grow back.

We booked a February 09 cruise on the Oasis and like you - I plan to really celebrate.

So go out there and enjoy - you deserve it big time.

Trust me it does grow back although nothing like it was before - brown and curly before - gray and straight after. I'm just thrilled to have hair again.

You just gave me the chills reading your happy news. You go girl & I am glad that you are going to hit that ship running. Have Wonderful cruise & take a deep breath while out to sea & breathe in the sea air you certainly deserve it.

Have fun on your cruise. I officially ended all of my cancer treatments on Jan 2nd of this year I was in treatment for 23 long months. After my 8 aggressive chemos in 2007 we celebrated by going on the Mariner after just 2 weeks of being off chemo. I never felt sooo good in my life. Thought I might have lost my wig a couple of times due to the wind on the ship and at least my hair was wash and wear. Now 2 years later I have a head of thick, soft hair. It almost makes chemo seem worth it to have a good head of hair. Good luck to you!

Buckeyefan, normally I would say something snarky since you are my worst enemy, but congratulations and have a wonderful time!!! I lost my mom to cancer (her parents went to OSU), so I know how horrible it is, and I wish you the best.

GO BLUE!!! :)

I had to cancel January cruise due to Chemo Treatments but am going tomorrow on Grandeur. I am not finished but have a few days off with no Dr. Appts. Treatment is hard but aren't we lucky to have a cure!!

Think it will be easy not to worry about hair each day but just put on my cute wig!! And don't have to shave legs or underarms.

Have fun and congrats on finishing treatment.

That's great news. Enjoy every minute of your cruise. You have earned it. What a pleasure it will be to actually enjoy the taste of food instead of everything tasting like cardboard.

I too am looking forward to the day that I once again qualify for travel / medical insurance and will be able to cruise. I just finished my mainstream chemo in February and now it's two years of maintenance chemo. I'm quite enjoying being bald - it sure cuts down on shampoo, haircuts and styling time!

A HUGE CONGRATS from yet another suvivor!!!

I did the same thing a few years ago on Freedom!!! I did things in the ports that I couldnt believe I would do!!!! I did the zipline with the kids (scary but so fun), swam with dolphins and just enjoyed life and my family like I never had done in the past!!!!

Chemo SUCKS!!! But I know it changed me for the better and made me appreciate every minute of my life !!!

WOOO HOOO!!!! Its so nice to hear about another survivor out and celebrating the best way....ON A CRUISE:D:D:D!!!

Congrats again!!!!

Jennifer

Did you think about going on the Buckeye Cruise for Cancer? (Hate that name) It was on Granduer this year,and I think will be next year)

I think its buckeycruiseforcancer.com, but if you google it, its run by a Travel Agency out of Dublin and helps the Stephanie Speilman fund and is usually packed with former Buckeyes.

Archived