Live from Sapphire Princess! Need a little help...

V and S

Greetings!! I am sitting at the computer right by the window on the Promenade deck. We've had slight seas (1-4 ft) and a little bit of wind since we left LA--very nice!

My husband, though, forgot my bag of vitamins in the car (gasp), one of which I really need (calcium magnesium), and I'm hoping someone knows of a place in Puerto Vallarta (our first stop) I could pick some up? You would be my savior!!

She's a lovely ship, and we are having a great time with all the music. Sapphire is starting a new menu this week, said one of the head waiters. My husband got into the chef's table for tonight, so I'll post a review over on the Princess board about that. Otherwise, as for the Mex Riviera, last night during dinner we saw a pod of dolphins right outside the window riding and jumping the waves--they jump SO high! It was spectacular. :)

Greetings!! I am sitting at the computer right by the window on the Promenade deck. We've had slight seas (1-4 ft) and a little bit of wind since we left LA--very nice!

My husband, though, forgot my bag of vitamins in the car (gasp), one of which I really need (calcium magnesium), and I'm hoping someone knows of a place in Puerto Vallarta (our first stop) I could pick some up? You would be my savior!!

She's a lovely ship, and we are having a great time with all the music. Sapphire is starting a new menu this week, said one of the head waiters. My husband got into the chef's table for tonight, so I'll post a review over on the Princess board about that. Otherwise, as for the Mex Riviera, last night during dinner we saw a pod of dolphins right outside the window riding and jumping the waves--they jump SO high! It was spectacular. :)

Look at the Wal-Mart right across the highway from where you dock. You can find what you need there.

Up to 3 cruise ships can be docked in PV, when we're there last week, we're right next to the Carnival (at right angle) and from on the portside, you will see the Vallarta Mall (the "upscale" Liverpool Mall w. a Starbuck & Radio Shack, yes) and to its right is the huge shopping mall including Walmart. (see our photo as taken)

If you are walking, you will need to go around to the gate, exit & walk - it took us about 15 minutes. Coming back, we decided to take a taxi @ $10 as we're loaded with shopping bags & didn't feel like walking around those fences. Cruise ship employees can go out/return using a different gate with a much shorter walk.

FYI, there is a currency exchange booth inside Walmart and excellent rate of $1 USD to $14 peso - and rock bottom gifts (made in MX too).

DSC00091.jpg.43764cc886e715a8f105840f84d85944.jpg

Anyone with a a ships cruise card can go in and out the guarded Gate 15 directly accross from Walmart - not just for ship employees. Just knock on the guard shack window if she doesn't notice you. Did it last week without any problems. saves a few steps walking.

OMG!! These boards are the best! THANK YOU EVERYONE!! May calm seas descend upon your next cruise!!! ~~*~*~!!~*~~ <-- calm seas spell

Formal nights are Sunday and Friday. ;)

The ocean has been glass all day today, and you can see Cabo from the ship as you pass on the way to PV (we could see parasailers with our binoculars!).

Thanks again!! :)

On the Sapphire Princess to the Mexican Riviera the formal nights are Sunday (second day) and Thursday (not Friday), the day you leave Cabo at 2PM. I'm glad as I hate having the formal night the last night when you also need to have your luggage out in the hall no later than 1030PM.

The captain was relatively visible on our cruise (last week) at formal functions but rarely saw him otherwise, but he got off the ship the same day we did for a vacation, so can't say who your captain will be or how visible he will be.

You are right--formal nights are Sun and Thurs! Capt. is Tony Herriot (I think that is his name); I have not seen him at all. However, we have seen the Maitre d'Hotel several times, since we had a very bad experience one night in the Pacific Moon and he got involved... more on that when I post my review. Otherwise, the service on this ship has been utterly fantastic.

We went out gate 15 to Wal Mart and got what we needed. Thanks again, everyone--it was very easy. We docked around 9, got off around 9:45, got back for our tours at 10:15, got back from them around 4:30 and took a YELLOW taxi from outside the little road leading to the cruise terminal for $5 to the Malecon and walked the whole thing down past the bridge and the newer area, onto the beach. Easy! Not threatening in any way whatsoever.

Leaving port this afternoon, there was a huge yacht anchored offshore with a helicopter on it and some guard looking people on deck. Perhaps it was our Secy of State! Onward to Mazatlan... the seas are still smooth and the weather is 85 degrees. ;)

wow, the yacht with the chopper must be on extended stay, it was there last month when we were there in pv

IMG_9379.jpg

Do you have a picture for everything!!! Don't get me wrong, I totally enjoy them it is just funny. Happy Cruising!

Archived