Ruby Princess review 3-14 to 3-21

skyking

Plaza Deck cabin P214

We thought the location was great, didnt notice much movement at all, but saw some huge wave splash go over the window.

Did you happen to hear any noise from the Princess Theater? Thanks!

Being on this same cruise I have to say it was the smoothest cruise I have ever been on!! We hardly felt the ship move at all, except for a few times towards the end of the week.

Production shows were great!! They play them for 2 nights in a row, twice each night so you have plenty of opportunity to see them. Same nights in Explorers lounge they have a comedian doing a show, so again you have your choice of what night and time you may want to see something. They had 2 big production shows which were so good and the main singers on Ruby are great!! They also put on a International Crew show for one time only....don't miss this one! They had crew from different areas around the ship perform...most sang, one bartender did amazing tricks with bottles!! Was nice to see our friend from the international cafe singing! Then the cruise director and his staff put on the funniest show...."If I were not upon the Sea".....you will laugh seeing James Lay in a tutu!!!

Only show we did not see in the theatre was a singer from Vegas which did not appeal to us. Otherwise we did not miss any of the shows!

Did you happen to hear any noise from the Princess Theater? Thanks!

Not a peep, the cabin was very quite.....On the last night I heard a TV for a few seconds and that was it. I would choose this cabin again if I had the chance.

Not a peep, the cabin was very quite.....On the last night I heard a TV for a few seconds and that was it. I would choose this cabin again if I had the chance.

Awesome!! I am on the Ruby next January and booked P242. :D

Also, Quantum of Solace, that's 007, James Bond.

And yes, As an experienced RCCL cruiser I can say I also was very impressed with my first Princess cruise. The food choices were better than RCCL, the food came out hotter in the main dining room, I can go on and on really, but I'll post a review once I'm over my PCD. :)

Ok Ok so back by popular demand, and since I am in the Princess mood wishing I was back onboard I might as well keep it going.

SO after the St Patty's party we took it up to the Skywalkers, where we partied until the wee hours of the morning, I made the mistake of drinking a redbull, and was up all night and could not sleep at all. So I got up early and took some good shots pulling into Cozumel.

DSC03747.jpg

Now this pic I took by acident in black and white, and I love it:)

DSC03751.jpg

This one was also an accident, but you can see the Captain on the joystick while docking..COOOL:)

DSC03752-1.jpg

Here we are docked in Cozumel!

DSC03753.jpg

More to come!

Also, Quantum of Solace, that's 007, James Bond.

And yes, As an experienced RCCL cruiser I can say I also was very impressed with my first Princess cruise. The food choices were better than RCCL, the food came out hotter in the main dining room, I can go on and on really, but I'll post a review once I'm over my PCD. :)

It was great to meet you onboard...I have PCD so bad, I feel depression coming on. Candice wont let me book another cruise so I dont know what to do, but post pics and talk about it....I think it's making it worse.

Yes, PCD is wierd. I don't remember having depression after my land vacations...at least it didn't go on past one day. Must be the absolute pampering we get on board. To answer the one persons question, yes, if you don't show up a half hour early at the theatre, you don't get a good seat. This also seems to go for the Explorer lounge where the comedians do their secondary show, and even at the MUTS, people save seats early. So, just count on that and get there early. As for the shows themselves, I thought they were better than RCCL's production shows. The singers were so good at one point, I was sure they were singing with tapes or something, but that was just once. The band playing backstage kicked butt, especially the drummer.

And for someone else's question, at the Neptune Reef pool (the one without the movie) you could scarcely hear the movies from the other pool. Only once in a while when there was something especially loud, like an explosion during a movie, could you hear it over the music at the Neptune's Reef pool.

Tim, tell Candace you can't help it. Even if you don't book one, it's still fun to shop. :)

OK I LOVE Mexico and really love Cozumel. When I was young I actually lived in Guadalajara for a year, and we always to my parents condo in Barra De Navidad mexico....The moral of the story is I have always LOVED eating the taco's off the street vendors in Mexico, and I just had to share a few pics of that experience:)

After we got our Jeep rented I went right to the taco vendo...MMMMM SOO GOOOOD

DSC03758.jpg

MMMM TACO'S

DSC03760.jpg

OK SOOO we did something a little different on the way back to the ship. The last time we were there I saw a Tequila sampling place on the far side of the island. They have agave plants growing, but of course cant make the tequila there, but they have a great tour and a lot of samples at the end.....I almost had to have the guide drive us back to the ship:)

This was our guide with the map of where Tequila is actually made in Mexico. We had a blast.

DSC03780.jpg

OK OK back to our scheduled program:)

Can I just say, Wow thanks for all the postings and the pictures. I actually like the black and white, very nice. I am on the Ruby in a few weeks and you have got me so excited. We will be on over Easter, not quite the same as being on over St Pattys Day :p but we will definitly make the best of it.

Kathy

Ok sooo it was off to the farmacy and then we hit Carlos and Charlies for a quick yard. After that we headed back to the pier to return the car and take a few more pics before we set sail for Princess Cays. NOW I really like what they have done with the new cruise terminal area in Cozumel, there are plenty of shops, and places to eat, but I could not find the 1.00 XX like at the International pier, but ohhh well.

Here is a pic of the ship.

DSC03810.jpg

Here is a pic of the new cruise area showing the Ron Johns and Three Amigo's...They actually are playing the movie constantly out front.

DSC03812.jpg

After we got back on the ship it was time for some drunk food (Pizza) and then up to the MUTS pool to find a spot for the movies. We got there a little early cause the movies didnt start until 7, but it was not even 6 yet (sail away time) Here is a quick shot of our spot.

DSC03820.jpg

And than GUESSSS what happened at 6pm???? The Captain said we were waiting for the last two guest running down the pier, and of course everyone got up and ran over and was chearing...OF course I got a pic of it:) Notice the crewmember yelling at them to hurry up, at one point it looked like the male gave up.

DSC03822.jpg

[quote name='megr1125']great review so far sky king....keep it coming! we too are looking to cheat on RCCL with princess![/QUOTE]

You wont regret it, you may never go back...JUST wait until you try the amaaaazing pizza on Princess...MMMM MMMM MMMMM

[COLOR=Teal][SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Hi skyking. You are giving us a wonderful review plus wonderful pictures of your Ruby cruise. One of the best ever posted!:cool:

I'm so pleased that you had such a great time on the Ruby. We have the Ruby booked for the 12/20/09 cruise.

It's possible that we have chatted before....you may remember: Kansas_JWJs.

What camera did you use? Your pictures are just awesome.

Looking forward to more.

BTW...I always get PCD that begins for me with Cruise End Blues which hits me on the last night when we put our bags outside the door.

[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Thanks so much SkyKing for your post and detailed info. I chose the Caribbean sampler in December just to see what Ruby had to offer, now I wish I had booked a "real 7 day cruise". I'm going to start looking at that now for next spring. I am simply in awe.....Please post more pictures and give more info. I know you've given plenty of information and posted plenty of photos, but I guess until we all actually get to experience Ruby, it can never be enough. Thanks again for taking the time out to give such great info.
I do have one question? I've read about the "sanctuary" pool area being so plush and having to pay to relax there, is this the only adult pool area on the ship?

Thanks Skyking!!!! Your pics are fantastic....but they are torturing me (Just kidding!)....we leave on the 4th on the Ruby and we are sooooo excited that work is a bit difficult at the moment....

I've never tried the tacos....but I believe they are in my future!!!

Glad that you had a wonderful trip....and just a bit of advice....the only way to get over PCD...is to start looking for a new one...that is why we have 3 booked ....I can't help myself....

Looking forward to driving myself crazy with the rest of your posts....:D

It is a $10 cab ride to downtown from the pier we docked at in Cozumel. I was on the same trip and the weather was absolutely perfect. I will add some pictures from this cruise when I get a chance.

Archived