solstice embarkation time??

EssexGary

Hi all, just got our eDocs for may 4th sailing. I thought that AQ had priority boarding.. But they have given us a time of 3pm?!

Any advice? Should we just turn up early? I thought that was kinda late for a premium cabin.

Thanks!

Gary

Gary: see you are on the same Solstice sailing. We have a wonderful roll call going - please come join us :)

Also, got my edocs on the 16th and I have read from front to back. Doesnt have a boarding time anywhere. Just says "be sure and be on the ship at least 60 minutes prior to leaving - or you don't go"'

We have a ride from our hotel in Rome picking us up at @ noon so plan to be there about 1:30 (ish).

Gary: see you are on the same Solstice sailing. We have a wonderful roll call going - please come join us :)

Also, got my edocs on the 16th and I have read from front to back. Doesnt have a boarding time anywhere. Just says "be sure and be on the ship at least 60 minutes prior to leaving - or you don't go"'

We have a ride from our hotel in Rome picking us up at @ noon so plan to be there about 1:30 (ish).

Hi Tex! Have been keeping an eye on the roll call. Does sound like fun, will dip in for sure. We are at the bramante befor hand (seems like a few others are too) so we will probably get to the ship mid day and chance our luck!! Nothing going on around the hotel on Sunday night.. So no excuses, we'll be in bed early and up fairly early too. We are from the UK so luckily no jet lag! Makes a Change for us, were normally cruising from Florida or transatlantic, both killers for jet lag. We did a B2B TA last year, half a day in NY in between, we got home wrecked! There was like 2 days out of 12 that we didn't have some kind of time change!

Gary

Ps boarding time was on our front page of eDocs.

Most cruise lines (Celebrity included) publish a much later boarding time so as to spread out the boarding and not get a big rush of people..cause they know most people who have cruised before will start showing up at around 10:30 or 11 as we did in Jan....Suite and AQ class were boarded at 11:30 and we were 8th in line after them and was onboard and drinking a beer by 11:45...now worries, show up by 11 and you will be onboard in no time!:D

edit..I just noticed your cruising from Italy vice FLL BUT boarding time was listed as 3 pm in FLL as well so I'm sure you will be fine arriving around 11 from Rome!

Most cruise lines (Celebrity included) publish a much later boarding time so as to spread out the boarding and not get a big rush of people..cause they know most people who have cruised before will start showing up at around 10:30 or 11 as we did in Jan....Suite and AQ class were boarded at 11:30 and we were 8th in line after them and was onboard and drinking a beer by 11:45...now worries, show up by 11 and you will be onboard in no time!:D

edit..I just noticed your cruising from Italy vice FLL BUT boarding time was listed as 3 pm in FLL as well so I'm sure you will be fine arriving around 11 from Rome!

Thanks! 11am it is!! To be honest, can be early enough for me! I presume its unlikely that our cabin will be ready? Hey but while we are waiting, I could put my flip-flops on a sunbed ready for the next day!!

Is that the first cruise out of Rome?--pls post when you get back-

Yep, and the first time its been in Europe I think. So all the ports are maiden calls. Should be exciting. Not that we are port lovers we travel in Europe with work all the time, so its more about the cruise for us. This is our first med cruise, I'm wondering what I will do with myself without diamonds international to browse around!!

Yep, and the first time its been in Europe I think. So all the ports are maiden calls. Should be exciting. Not that we are port lovers we travel in Europe with work all the time, so its more about the cruise for us. This is our first med cruise, I'm wondering what I will do with myself without diamonds international to browse around!!

I guess you can amuse yourself looking at the Solstice Diamonds onboard! :p

Have a great cruise! :D

Is that the first cruise out of Rome?--pls post when you get back-

I have already been asked by several cc'ers to post my review asap when we get back.

Unlike EssexGary we cruise for the ports first, ship second but the ship is still important to us. We THOROUGHLY enjoyed our first med cruise on Brilliance OTS in Nov. 07! The only places we will be re-visiting are Rome and Naples.....which is A-OK with me !

Can't wait to get back.......but I guess I have too :(

Hi, we just got off the March 15th sailing on the solstice(had the best time, you will love it)...anyway, our experience was this-

We flew in on the 14th and stayed in a hotel close to the pier over night. We had an 11am checkout at the hotel, so at 10:30am we decided to head by cab to the pier and just wait until boarding there. We were really early but they took our luggage and we went in and got our sea pass and boarding photos taken right away. They then put us in one of a few holding rooms in the order that we arrived. Once they got clearance from the ship that they could start boarding passengers, they emptied each row in order that you arrived. They began boarding at 11:45am and we were on board and sitting in Oceanview eating lunch by 12:30pm. I have never cruised before but found the entire process quick and easy. So, I would not hesitate to arrive early, lots of people do.

Hope that helps and have a great time on your cruise. The boat is really wonderful.

Cheryl

Hi all, just got our eDocs for may 4th sailing. I thought that AQ had priority boarding.. But they have given us a time of 3pm?!

Any advice? Should we just turn up early? I thought that was kinda late for a premium cabin.

Thanks!

Gary

Hi,

PLEASE post when you return we are on 6-5-09 Solstice. Our flights arrive @ 8am so we will probably be @ port about 10am- which I know is early. Please post if there is a waiting lounge & what time you actually boarded.

Thanks & enjoy

Carole

We are just off last week. We arrived at the port at 10:45, dropped luggage and wives, dropped car at rental return and were back and onboard by 11:30. Put our carryons in the cabin, went to have lunch (Oceanview was a ZOO!!!) and were allowed in our rooms by 1:30.

Jim

Archived