VF to SS-SZ / Good upsell ?

Mer turquoise

I got the upsell offer, I had booked it directly with HAL. I wonder if thats why I got it now instead of using a TA. I have never used a TA, and booked 9 cruises on Princess, come to think of it we always go an upgrade either just before leaving or at check in.

Jim B

We booked through a TA and were offerred the u/g but turned it down. We have a VD cabin w/an extra large balcony so didn't want to lose that! But after hearing about everyone's Sup. suites I'm getting a little jelous.:cool:

See you all onboard!!

Julie

We booked GUAR balcony (VF) and we just got our cabin assignment that is a VA. Not a suite but I'm not complaining. I just wanted a balcony anywhere but the 4th deck. We're on deck 8 (Navagation deck)

We just got an upgrade from a VF-GTY to a VA. Can't make out-other than location-what the difference is?

The primary difference is location, but with the VF guarantee you could have ended up with a deck 4 VF cabin with steel-walled railings (which you can't see over when seated), or a deck 5 VF with a verandah that is only 4.5 ft deep (instead of 6 ft deep in the VA) and over the lifeboats, partially blocking your downward view. Also, about 1/2 the deck 4 VFs are over the show lounge, and prone to night noise.

I received an e:mail today from my TA offering an upgrade from our inside guarantee to a balcony for $209 cdn. per person....I'm bummed because it came in at 8:30 this morning and I only just logged on to home e:mail...hope I'm not too late.

I will join in with the guarantee worked for us chorus. We booked a balcony guarantee (VH-VF) for our 18 day Zuiderdam cruise in April 2009 and I went out to the HAL site this afternoon and saw we has been assigned a VA cabin on the Navigation deck. It is near the rear of the ship and under the lido area near the pool so we may hear the deck stewards putting out the deck chairs in the morning but all in all I am very happy with the upgrade to a VA.

Have a great next cruise.

Archived