Oasis It's That Time Again! April 2 Aqua Theater

Viva-Vegas posted that the next Oasis revel would be April 2 in Fort Lauderdale at the International Swimming Hall Of Fame where the Aqua Theater would be revealed. I did some more research and this is what i found on there Facebook page. This was posted on December 17, 2008 i cant believe this hasn't been posted on here before!

International Swimming Hall of Fame ISHOF Helps Bring On New Era in Aquatic Entertainment

When Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines launches “Oasis of the Seas” in October of 2009, it will spawn a new era for swimming and “Aquatic Entertainment.” Among the attractions on what will be the world’s largest passenger ship, is the AquaTheater, an aquatic stage that will feature the world’s best aquatic entertainers. ISHOF is partnering with Dana Kunze, President of Watershow Productions and Olympic diving coach, Dave Burgering, to help Royal Caribbean bring back the glory days of aquatic entertainment. ISHOF will host an AquaTheater preview on April 2, 2009, when the museum and pool will host an exhibition for 1,500 Cruise Line Travel Agents. Look for more information about the watershows in future newsletters.

Viva-Vegas posted that the next Oasis revel would be April 2 in Fort Lauderdale at the International Swimming Hall Of Fame where the Aqua Theater would be revealed. I did some more research and this is what i found on there Facebook page. This was posted on December 17, 2008 i cant believe this hasn't been posted on here before!

International Swimming Hall of Fame ISHOF Helps Bring On New Era in Aquatic Entertainment

When Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines launches “Oasis of the Seas” in October of 2009, it will spawn a new era for swimming and “Aquatic Entertainment.” Among the attractions on what will be the world’s largest passenger ship, is the AquaTheater, an aquatic stage that will feature the world’s best aquatic entertainers. ISHOF is partnering with Dana Kunze, President of Watershow Productions and Olympic diving coach, Dave Burgering, to help Royal Caribbean bring back the glory days of aquatic entertainment. ISHOF will host an AquaTheater preview on April 2, 2009, when the museum and pool will host an exhibition for 1,500 Cruise Line Travel Agents. Look for more information about the watershows in future newsletters.

Chris,

where have you been? Have you been doing too much schoolwork??? ;) :D

I thought everyone figured out having the aqua theater, meant water shows.

The Aqua Theater Experience held tonight was primarily for travel agents from across the country and was well attended. The aqua theater will have divers and synchronized swimmers as part of two different production shows being created by I believe they said the person who runs the show at the Wynn in Las Vegas. They gave a lot of info that I believe was already known like they will show movies and sporting events at this venue. They also announced that the first captain would be Bill(missed last name) the same captain who brought out Freedom. WHY NOT ? We heard that a lot tonight.

The Aqua Theater Experience held tonight was primarily for travel agents from across the country and was well attended. The aqua theater will have divers and synchronized swimmers as part of two different production shows being created by I believe they said the person who runs the show at the Wynn in Las Vegas. They gave a lot of info that I believe was already known like they will show movies and sporting events at this venue. They also announced that the first captain would be Bill(missed last name) the same captain who brought out Freedom. WHY NOT ? We heard that a lot tonight.

Thank you! Anymore info pictures anything else? Its Bill Wright. :D

There was really nothing to take pictures of. The show was a small sampling of what the performers would be doing and about the capabilities of this pool and the fact that this one aft pool will hold more water than all of the pools on Freedom combined. It can be lowered to 18 feet deep or as little as a few inches.

Thanks for the information. We are going to Las Vegas this month and staying at Encore (Wynn) so will check out the show if possible.

Always happy to get info on the Oasis. Still wondering if adults will be able to ride the carousel (sure hope so).

Kathy:)

"The aqua theater will have divers and synchronized swimmers as part of two different production shows being created by I believe they said the person who runs the show at the Wynn in Las Vegas."

Are they talking about Franco Dragone? He created the show "Le Reve" that is at the Wynn, and if he is directing the shows on the Oasis, it will just be amazing. Franco directed numerous shows for Cirque Du Soleil, which has a deal with Celebrity, so to see a Cirque/Franco water show on the Oasis will be simply amazing.

I believe Franco Dragone is correct as they showed him on screen and he talked about his show "Le Reve" at the Wynn and said he was creating two shows for Oasis. They gave the names for the shows but I don't remember them. :( But I do remember the liquid refreshments were good. :D

Anyone get invited?
I was and did go......

It was VERY well attended................LOTS of people and it was so hot and humid.........

Really not much to take pics of like doublechin said........It is indeed Bill Wright........

and I think I dreamt WHY NOT all that night........:p:p:p

i was and did go......

It was very well attended................lots of people and it was so hot and humid.........

Really not much to take pics of like doublechin said........it is indeed bill wright........

and i think i dreamt why not all that night........:p:p:p

lol

Le Reve is ok (seen it twice) but I'm all Cirque'd out, the artsy flamboyant thing is fine the first couple times but I don't really think it's the best approach for American family entertainment (IMHO of course).

The best part of Le Reve is when the performers dive into the really small pool from really high up - I hope he incorporates some of that into the shows on Oasis, though if the vessle is moving it may be a bit more tricky!

Le Reve is ok (seen it twice) but I'm all Cirque'd out, the artsy flamboyant thing is fine the first couple times but I don't really think it's the best approach for American family entertainment (IMHO of course).

The best part of Le Reve is when the performers dive into the really small pool from really high up - I hope he incorporates some of that into the shows on Oasis, though if the vessle is moving it may be a bit more tricky!

We have never seen any Cirque shows so I'm sure we will be amazed at this. Can't wait!

I would like to see him take a similar approach to "O", which he directed for Cirque. Seeing the setup of the Aquatheater, I think it is likely. Still, Dragone has directed so many great Cirques, so I have confidence in him to do a great job. And as for not being a great family entertainment thing in America, just go to the Vegas strip and count how many Cirque shows are there lol.

I myself am a Cirque fanatic. I have already seen 9 of their shows lol.

Archived