No self -serve laundry facilities on LOS?

I believe I read this. By the middle of a 7 night trip, I'm ready for my families socks/underwear/tshirts to be laundered. We have enought but the my kids socks stink (lol!) Does anyone know how much they charge for this? I'm not too thrilled about something laundering my unmentionables, but oh well.

Thanks

Your "unmentionables" don't take up hardly any space--they can be stuffed just about anywhere! Bring enough for the trip so they don't have to be laundered!

No RCI or Celebrity ship has self-laundries (another money-maker for the ship!) so you either have to bring enough clothes, let the ship do your wash, or re-wear things!

If you're on a Caribbean route, you really won't need socks everyday!

You will be offered a laundry special which costs $20 for the bagful of your 'unmentionables'. It will be returned the next day. The clothes will be clean and folded not pressed. Enjoy :)

The $20 special on Adventure last month took 2 days to return... but I don't know if that's a change to the schedule or if the laundry service was swamped with folks looking to take advantage of the special.

I believe I read this. By the middle of a 7 night trip, I'm ready for my families socks/underwear/tshirts to be laundered. We have enought but the my kids socks stink (lol!) Does anyone know how much they charge for this? I'm not too thrilled about something laundering my unmentionables, but oh well.

Thanks

Also, remember that they will probably be in sandal/flip flops most of the day.

I travel a lot for work, often away for weeks at a time. I long ago had to get used to my "unmentionables" being laundered. It really isn't that big of a deal. The laundry crew wash hundreds of "unmentionables" every day.

Word of caution: At hotels they often safety pin some sort of ID tag to each piece. Remove it before wearing, if it comes unfastened you might have to get that unmentionable laundered again.

Hm. On 3 cruises with RCCL I have never seen an offer for the $20 special!

I think it has become pretty standard now. It was offered on our Jewel Transatlantic last September, again on the Jewel repositioning cruise from Boston to Miami, and most recently on our five night Navigator of the Seas cruise to Cozumel and Belize.:)

Archived