Any Plat's cruise lately?

SnootieTootie

Have any Platinum Latitudes members cruised within the last month? We are wondering if it is true that items on the Room Service menu that have a fee associated with them are now free for plat's.

Anyone know for sure?

Also, besides the free laundy on a certain day, and behind the scenes tour, any other additions or deletions to the list of perks?

Well, if we do not get any answers..............I will report back April 12. We are sailing on the Star April 4-11.

Last year we enjoyed priority embarkation, debarkation, priority tender tickets. Welcome wine and fruit backet, chocolate covered strawberries, nasty little canape's, LeBistro, an invitation to Cagney's for breakfast and lunch, and an invitation the infamous captain's cocktail parties.

We are taking the 7 year old grandson with us, so we will take advantage of the behind the scenes tour, and the laundry service if it is offered.

As a Gold Latitudes member who just cruised two weeks ago we:

(1) Did get a fruit basket, although it seemed smaller than in the past

(2) Did not get wine

(3) Did not get the chocolate covered strawberries and other goodies we used to during the week

(4) Did get the Gold/Platinum party invite, but the party itself seemed scaled back. Was lucky to get one drink and one canape.

(5) Did get Latitudes Gold/Platinum Check in and priority disembarkation

(6) Did get priority tender tickets

(7) Got 25% discount on the laundry special. Platinum gets free laundry

(8) Platinum gets a free dinner in LeBistro. Gold doesn't

(9) Platinum gets free behind the scenes tour. Gold does not

SnootieTootie - yes, please report back. We sail on 4/18. I am most interested in whether we get the bottle of wine in our cabin. If not, I will bring my own and pay the corkage - but would prefer not to do that.

My husband is very much looking forward to the "behind the scenes" tour so I would like to hear a little more about that.

Have a wonderful cruise and enjoy that little 7-year-old!

The official list of new benefits, as posted here on CC, did not list anything about room service items that normally carry a fee. So I am frankly dismissing that idea as it was only one poster who never came back with more info.

I notice the wine is now listed as "sparkling" whereas before it was the La Terre house wine, either white or red. I imagine there would be no problem exchanging the sparkling for the regular.

Looks like Latitudes has dropped the cookie/choc covered strawberries idea, too bad. Cagney's breakfast & lunch was never a platinum benefit though some platinums have reported an invitation (strictly up to the HD and concierge depending on # guests and other factors).

I read the Behind the Scenes tour (normally sells for $55pp) doesn't include the bridge but does take you to other off limits areas. Once we had a galley tour and that was really interesting.

SolidGold, pls come back and update us after your 4/18 Dawn cruise. Have a great trip!

The official list of new benefits' date=' as posted here on CC, did not list anything about room service items that normally carry a fee. So I am frankly dismissing that idea as it was only one poster who never came back with more info.

I notice the wine is now listed as "sparkling" whereas before it was the La Terre house wine, either white or red. I imagine there would be no problem exchanging the sparkling for the regular.

Looks like Latitudes has dropped the cookie/choc covered strawberries idea, too bad. Cagney's breakfast & lunch was never a platinum benefit though some platinums have reported an invitation (strictly up to the HD and concierge depending on # guests and other factors).

I read the Behind the Scenes tour (normally sells for $55pp) doesn't include the bridge but does take you to other off limits areas. Once we had a galley tour and that was really interesting.

SolidGold, pls come back and update us after your 4/18 Dawn cruise. Have a great trip![/quote']

Carnival did just the galley tour for free. I was very impressed by it too I think $55 is quite steep to walk around a ship. JMHO:)

Sandy

Apparently "we wuz robbed" of our wine! ;)

On the other hand, we did get Latitudes ship's pins, which were supposedly discontinued. I guess they were giving them out until they ran out.

Given a choice, I would have taken the wine over the pins any day.:D

Archived